Soviet Survival: An Alternative 21st Century

(1/10) > >>

paxamericana:
Soviet Survival
An Alternative 21st Century

Blow by blow, the passion dies:
Domestic policy changes little tbh.

paxamericana:
Hello, talk elections friends! I am very excited to be writing this election/alt-history scenario! I have been having this idea brewing in my mind for quite some time and I am eager to get it down onto the internet. This scenario will begin in 2000 and span until about 2020 or 2022. It will mainly focus on how a USSR that survived into the 21st century affects American policies and (of course) elections. I will be releasing a prologue post in about a week or so explaining how the USSR survived in this timeline and how that affected politics in the 90s.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom:
Quote from: paxamericana on July 04, 2022, 05:17:13 PM

Hello, talk elections friends! I am very excited to be writing this election/alt-history scenario! I have been having this idea brewing in my mind for quite some time and I am eager to get it down onto the internet. This scenario will begin in 2000 and span until about 2020 or 2022. It will mainly focus on how a USSR that survived into the 21st century affects American policies and (of course) elections. I will be releasing a prologue post in about a week or so explaining how the USSR survived in this timeline and how that affected politics in the 90s.

Will this just result in Republicans winning more?

MATTROSE94:
Looking forward to the timeline! I would guess that the POD would either be Gregory Romanov coming into power instead of Mikhail Gorbachev or maybe Joseph Stalin dying in 1945 and being replaced by Lavrentiy Beria, who likely wouldn’t have increased tensions with the US and instead focus on building the Soviet economy (which may have resulted in less inefficiencies in the long run).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page