Fireworks laws
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:03:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Fireworks laws
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fireworks laws  (Read 477 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2022, 01:30:05 AM »

Mods, if this is the wrong board, please feel free to move this

Personally, I am a libertarian on fireworks laws
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 01:38:31 AM »

I support Maryland's strict fireworks laws because without them I wouldn't have had the liquid adolescent excitement of driving up Interstate 83 with my stepfather into the Baltimore supercommuter part of Pennsylvania, a state with far less regulation thereof, to patronize one of the myriad fireworks stores around there advertised heavily along that highway that exist to cater to those in our situation. jao
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 02:26:43 AM »

Should be legal and unregulated. Some people hate fun
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 05:42:05 AM »

As an older adult I find the practice to be really stupid.  As a child, teen and young adult, who definitely had some pyromaniac tendencies, I loved it all.

(never mind the ironic stupidity of sending Red China <looks it up> $2BILLION!/year to blow stuff up colorfully to celebrate our freedom)

Like hard drugs, they should be legal, but generally discouraged.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 07:38:38 AM »

The problem is that fireworks, even when stored properly and used non-negligently, can pose a serious threat to the lives of others-- at least in states like my own, where the smallest spark can precipitate billions of dollars worth of fire damage. I don't support banning them, but they should be treated as any other potentially hazardous incendiary device.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 07:25:57 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2022, 07:46:11 AM by Meclazine »

Tasmania used to have Guy Fawkes night.

In 1985 you bought $20 worth of poha's and rockets and then went out on the night.

Eventually kids lost their eyes and Greek grandmothers got harassed because they chased boys down the street with a rolling pin yelling "I kill you, i kill you".

So more boys fired rockets at her house. Then her house became an annual pilgrimage of 30 adolescent males launching rockets at her house to get her to come out and chase people again.

They were the DeSantis household. I never fired rockets at their house, but I did have to run when she came out, and I was 80m away.

It was mayhem.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 04:48:39 PM »

America doesn't need these, but India most certainly needs regulations on fireworks/crackers. The amount that are blown up on Diwali and the resulting smoke the next several days is crazy, unbearable, and honestly environmentally unstable. When I lived in India, every winter I inevitably ended up with a very nasty cough. Hasn't happened since my family moved here.

Now regarding fireworks in America (which I think is what Greg was talking about in the OP), personally really don't think there's much of a problem.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 06:44:50 PM »

legality of fireworks should be directly tied to current vegetation moisture at the time of sale, i.e. totally in Hilo or Miami but death penalty in parts of the west
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies