What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:38:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?!  (Read 1401 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 02, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »

I'm a Democrat and I believe very much in basic progressive ideas, but at the same time I think the President is beyond all help...

I didn't vote for him in the primary, I knew he would not be that strong of a candidate, and he's by far the weakest president in my lifetime in many areas (especially on communication and charisma). 

Are there any other Democrats or strong left-leaners that are also feeling very discouraged right now?  How can we effectively communicate ourselves when the leader of the party is just so uninspiring?

It's very clear that Joe's not going to be the President in 2025 (he probably doesn't even have the same personal popularity to Democrats that Jimmy Carter had in 1978).

What do we do in the mean time?  Do we just let his approval ratings drop even more?

I'm really concerned about this party's future.  I see a very weak field of potential replacements for Joe so we have lousy leadership all around.  Meanwhile, it seems the country is moving very fast rightward especially with the Supreme Court.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 03:32:56 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2022, 03:39:14 PM by Super Size My Freedom Fries! »

"Doomerism" has become a massive flex among liberals in competition to see who can be the most pessimistic about our political institutions.  Most Democrats, even if they facially insist otherwise, embrace this negativity to explain why we need less democracy.      

It's not "doomerism".  It's reality.  I want good leadership for this party, not weak leadership.  For god sakes its 4th of july, we are all patriots.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies