What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What do Democrats do under Biden? What is the future of this party?!  (Read 1347 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2022, 04:39:28 PM »

Start arming themselves for a long and bloody resistance against the GOP soft dictatorship which will be existent from the late 2020s to probably around 2040 at the latest. While not ideal, this is the best way they can reduce the time of the dictatorship in a long assymetric underground campaign. Seriously that is the future of what will remain of the left wing in America before either serious reforms or a complete collapse (bad for everyone) come the next economic crash.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2022, 04:43:53 PM »

The future of the party is the controlled opposition is a managed democracy.

And for some reason everyone would rather let that happen than do a damn thing about it.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2022, 04:55:33 PM »

Dump Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Hoyer, Clyburn and all of their out of touch leadership and replace them with a younger and more aggressive type of Democrats.

California Governor Gavin Newsom. Put him in that category. It's my experience and in my knowledge base after reading a lot about him, that Gavin Newsom really cares about people, personally. And he is a big fighter. And he is young and has lots of energy. Plus he's smart. I'd vote for him any day for any political position.

Here's the latest about him going after De Santis. I think he has the right approach.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/politics/gavin-newsom-ron-desantis-ad-2024/index.html
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 07:16:54 PM »

Biden is tracking 46)43 similarly to his 50)45 margin it's a 303 map but never say never on wave insurance seats until everyone is declared the winners
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 09:23:44 AM »

"Doomerism" has become a massive flex among liberals in competition to see who can be the most pessimistic about our political institutions.  Most Democrats, even if they facially insist otherwise, embrace this negativity to explain why we need less democracy.       
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2022, 12:30:54 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2022, 12:34:59 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I know DOOM THREADS are a habit of most users on the Forum and if you look at the polls Biden is poll 45/42 over Trump and he won 50/45 the same as he won in 2020, DOOM after the Election we are all casting ballots in the primary and most of us anyways live in safe D states like CA, NY, IL where the three metros are anyways why DOOM

As I said many times before Blks and Latinos aren't rightwing 30 percent of the 50 percent of the D vote are minorities D's have relied heavily on minorities since FDR, JFK and LBJ era nothing has changed and users always say polls underestimate WC class vote, LOL

D's elected Barack Obama he didn't nominate any Blk Judges he made it his priority with Leader Reid to diversify the Judiciary with Asians, Latinos, Jews and Arabs, other than LBJ whom purt Thurgood on the Crt, Biden is diversifying the Judiciary, we must keep a D S to continue to diversify the Judiciary
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2022, 03:32:56 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2022, 03:39:14 PM by Super Size My Freedom Fries! »

"Doomerism" has become a massive flex among liberals in competition to see who can be the most pessimistic about our political institutions.  Most Democrats, even if they facially insist otherwise, embrace this negativity to explain why we need less democracy.      

It's not "doomerism".  It's reality.  I want good leadership for this party, not weak leadership.  For god sakes its 4th of july, we are all patriots.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2022, 07:09:07 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2022, 08:10:23 AM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

Start arming themselves for a long and bloody resistance against the GOP soft dictatorship which will be existent from the late 2020s to probably around 2040 at the latest. While not ideal, this is the best way they can reduce the time of the dictatorship in a long assymetric underground campaign. Seriously that is the future of what will remain of the left wing in America before either serious reforms or a complete collapse (bad for everyone) come the next economic crash.

I would say "preparing" rather than "arming".

I know the conservative obsession with ammosexuality has deeply warped this country, but random collections of citizens owning guns does not solve political problems, even ones that involve state abuse of force - for that you need a militia (if you need arms at all). And there's a great deal that can and should be done that has nothing to do with arms at all; if Americans are fighting a second Civil War in our streets and fields, we've already lost many times over.

Random terrorism directed at an illegitimate government only gives it (undeserved) legitimacy and excuses for the actions it wants to take anyway, without accomplishing anything positive. Relentlessly criticizing it and refusing to comply with it while presenting a better alternative will be far less destructive and far more effective. (Current Democratic leadership are far too "bipartisan" - which really means "continuing comfort for the leaders of the status-quo" - to be effective leaders under such circumstances.)

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2022, 07:12:06 AM »

Entryism by left-wing and committed progressive organizations to drag it kicking and screaming into a party centered around class consciousness, organizing and common interests.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2022, 10:07:16 AM »

I know the conservative obsession with ammosexuality has deeply warped this country, but random collections of citizens owning guns does not solve political problems, even ones that involve state abuse of force - for that you need a militia (if you need arms at all). And there's a great deal that can and should be done that has nothing to do with arms at all; if Americans are fighting a second Civil War in our streets and fields, we've already lost many times over.

Random terrorism directed at an illegitimate government only gives it (undeserved) legitimacy and excuses for the actions it wants to take anyway, without accomplishing anything positive. Relentlessly criticizing it and refusing to comply with it while presenting a better alternative will be far less destructive and far more effective. (Current Democratic leadership are far too "bipartisan" - which really means "continuing comfort for the leaders of the status-quo" - to be effective leaders under such circumstances.)

It’s very simple. Our intention is to prevent further escalation and abuse under the understanding that ultimate escalation may be unavoidable.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2022, 11:58:41 AM »

When the GOP starts cracking down on political opponents, there will only be one way to fight back, and unfortunately it may not be at the ballot box like in democratic countries. There is a playbook to this stuff, underground resistance networks have done this for years across the world, we just need to ensure our strategies are updated to the modern era, but the fundamentals remain the same. I don’t want this, if I am wrong I would be so happy because I like what the US has now, but I am doubting the ability of the system to endure for even five more years.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies