The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:24:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940)  (Read 24749 times)
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« on: September 18, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »

A Call of Action for the Second United Force

Comrades, loyal patriots of the Chinese Nationalist Party, there is one goal that sears itself into our hearts: the expulsion of the imperialist Japanese menace from the rightful territory of China. Despite what the political agitators in Nanking may say, we have no real quarrel with our friends in the South, who are just as dedicated toward the emancipation of our lands as we in the North are.

It is only the small clique, the modern-day eunuchs of old, that gather around the Generalissimo, whispering into his ears slander that we are somehow bandits and warlords. How can this possibly be true? The party that makes up our coalition are loyal members of the Nationalist line. These are men of character who have served with distinction for the Party and China as long as if not longer than anyone in the South.

Would any right-thinking person dare call comrade Hu–once the Vice Generalissimo of Dr. Sun and later the president of the Legislative Yuan–a traitor to the nation he helped forge? No, of course not. It would be an assault on one’s conscience to brush him with such a disgusting label. He is a patriot to the end, a credit to his race, and the symbol of what our coalition represents.

I, myself, have forsworn the policy of resistance to the Three Principles of the People that my departed father had enacted. It was his cold-blooded murder by the militarists of Japan that shook me from my complacency. I realized that my youthful admiration of Dr. Sun would have to match my actions, that I could not act as a puppet for the Japanese in Northeast China. I joined the Generalissimo as a brother in the Party and I did all that I could to advance the interests of Nanking. I fought the enemies of the people, internal and external. I made the resources of the Northeast accessible to the rest of the country for her inevitable rejuvenation.

Now that we have dispelled the cruel fiction spread by lying dogs, we can ask ourselves how we can achieve the goal inside our hearts. I will say that civil war will only benefit the Japanese. The killing of Chinese by other Chinese has always been their preferred policy. They have only forcefully intervened when they realized the unity of our growing resistance. These warlords of Tokyo and their feudal Emperor bet that the North and South will engulf one another, allowing them to seize the ashes. But we are too smart for that!

We demand the Generalissimo and his clique in Nanking to break whatever ties they possess with Japan and join us in a Second United Force to lead the War of Resistance. Let us mend the divide of the Party and secure a strong place for the patriots there. The quicker we can do this, the quicker we can end China’s tribulations and present humiliation. As always, I believe victory will be ours, eventually, and that a better existence can be created out of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies