The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:25:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940)  (Read 25079 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2023, 09:35:56 PM »

Tokyo Accords

The French Republic, and the Empire of Japan, hereinafter the Signatories, bound together by common interests, agree to the following:

1 . The signatories reaffirm their commitment to the preservation of their respective national sovereignty and independence.
2 . The Signatories agree to consult one another on all relevant security concerns in East Asia
xÉdouard Daladier
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2023, 08:46:34 AM »

“La France a perdu une bataille! Mais la France n'a pas perdu la guerre”
General Giraud Addresses the Nation

Source: Wikimedia

I speak to you now from Orleans and as your Prime Minister. President Lebrun has entrusted me with that awesome responsibility in this grave hour. I speak to tell you that the government has not fled the country and that France still stands. France has lost a battle. But has the last word been said? Must hope disappear? Is defeat final? No! France shall fight on.

Believe me, I speak to you with full knowledge of the facts and tell you that nothing is lost for France. The same means that overcame us yesterday can bring us to a day of victory tomorrow. For France is not alone! She is not alone! She is not alone! She has a vast Empire behind her. She is aligned with that great democratic power, the British Empire, that holds the sea and continues the fight alongside us.

Admittedly, before us is an ordeal of the most grievous nature. This war is not limited to the unfortunate territory of our country. This war was not finished by the Battle of the Meuse or the great tank battles on the Aisne. This war is a world wide war. We have already seen suffering which far exceeds our own across Europe. The Netherlands has been subject to an unprovoked attack of the most grievous kind. German barbarity, knowing no bounds, has laid waste to that fair country. The Belgians are once more our brothers in arms, and, despite facing the brunt of the German army, continue to bravely resist for the second time in as many generations. These brave nations, fighting stalwartly against the Kaiser and his Huns stand both as bulwarks for France and as testaments to what awaits France should we meekly lay aside our arms.

We must remember, that all the faults, all the delays, all the suffering, do not prevent there to be, in the world, all the necessary means to crush our enemies. Vanquished for the moment by mechanical and chemical forces of the most grievous kind, we will be able to overcome in the future by a superior mechanical force.

The destiny of the world is here. I, General Giraud, here in Orleans, on the front, invite all Frenchman, with their weapons or without their weapons and I invite the engineers and the special workers of armament industries who are located in French territory or who would come there, to put themselves to the work of defending their homeland and their Republic.

Whatever happens, the flame of the French resistance must not be extinguished and will not be extinguished.

Vive la France!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 04:13:28 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2023, 04:23:18 PM by YPestis25 »

Propaganda to be Distributed Throughout the Metropole and Colonial Empire

One Fight for One Country
World of Art Global/Imgur/Me

Don't Forget the Netherlands
Vintage Movie Posters/Imgur/Me

We Will Pass
Antikbar
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2023, 05:07:31 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2023, 06:23:51 PM by YPestis25 »

PEOPLE OF FRANCE: SEE THE DEMANDS OF YOUR ENEMY!

Some members of our Republic, out of a mistaken sense of patriotism, are proposing to come to terms with the German invader! See now the first terms offered to your government by the Kaiser:

1) The present day administrative regions of Alsace and Lorraine would be annexed by Germany.
2) The Saarland will be returned to Germany
3) France recognizes Bohemia as part of Germany and cuts all economic/military ties with Syvoy’s regime

6) Germany shall receive the following French colonies: Tunisia, Algeria, Madagascar, the Ivory Coast, and Djibouti.
7) The return of Germany’s former colonies of Togo and Cameroon (only the present day borders of those countries, which should allow you to keep some land as a French Cameroon colony)

13) France shall not permit British or American troops to land in France or use its ocean/airspace to wage war against Germany.  Any British troops currently stationed in France or British naval vessels in French waters shall be made to withdraw/leave effective immediately.

Germany would see France reduced to a protectorate! At a whim her soldiers, her navy, her planes could devastate us if we agreed to these terms. Thousands of French men, women and children would be consigned to the odious tyranny of German rule if these terms were accepted. This is why your government fights on - to protect France, to protect your liberties, and to protect our Republic.

We shall fight on until this menace to French liberty is defeated. We shall fight on until Europe is free from the shackles of the Kaiser. Vive la France!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2023, 12:59:14 PM »

Reaffirmation of the Tokyo Accords

The French Republic and the Empire of Japan, bound together by common interests in the Indo-Pacific and desirous of continued free movement and commerce in the region hereby reaffirm the previously signed Tokyo Accords.

Tokyo Accords
The French Republic, and the Empire of Japan, hereinafter the Signatories, bound together by common interests, agree to the following:

1 . The signatories reaffirm their commitment to the preservation of their respective national sovereignty and independence.
2 . The Signatories agree to consult one another on all relevant security concerns in East Asia

xHenri Giraud
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies