I was writing about a potential TL, and accidentally logged out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:32:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  I was writing about a potential TL, and accidentally logged out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I was writing about a potential TL, and accidentally logged out  (Read 205 times)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2022, 07:59:33 PM »

Basically, it's about an Admiral and hero in WW2 and the Korean War named Oscar Darlington Fields, who commanded the USS Enterprise in the former.

He was born in 1906 and was a devout Presbyterian. Politically, Fields was a progressive Democrat who supported universal healthcare, paid maternity leave, a child tax credit, Departments of Education and Housing, civil rights legislation, a Consumer Protection Agency to strengthen antitrust laws, a strong foreign policy, and tuition-free trade schools.

Fields married Sandra Harrison on December 5, 1929 and had four children: Martin Harrison Fields, Daniel Harrison Fields, Jane Harrison Fields, and Harold Harrison Fields.

Fields was Secretary of Navy between 1957 and 1959, phasing out several battleships and refitting several aircraft carriers. Before that, Fields personally designed a jet naval fighter-bomber, the Vought F6U Stallion, which was widely used in the Korean War.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 08:11:48 PM »

Fields was born in San Francisco, and was obsessed with the sea from an early age.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies