Public Office of the White House

<< < (2/40) > >>

Joseph Cao:
Quote from: President Joseph Cao on July 01, 2022, 01:11:51 PM

I know presidential signatures for overridden bills aren't normally done, but we have had all of two or three successful veto overrides in post-reset history and the relevant precedent is being set as we speak anyway. Plus I want to indulge the narcissist part of my brain just a bit. :P

Signing statement

Don't think much needs to be said about this that hasn't been said already. We as elected officials have a vested interest in protecting hardworking Atlasians from interest rates that place an undue burden on their financial health. This bill returns a modicum of control over multiregional banks' interest rates to the regions, who are and have been best placed to pass bills that better reflect their constituents' needs. It is a properly Federalist bill and a bill that helps the Atlasian people and I'm proud to sign it.

Quote from: Utah Neolib

Quote from: Lincoln Senator Joseph Cao on June 26, 2022, 01:46:44 AM

Madam President, the following bill has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

ANDREW JACKSON MEMORIAL BANK-KILLING ACT

1. Section 85 of the National Banking Act (NBA) 12 USC §85, which permits federally charter banks to charge interest rates in States and Regions in excess of State or Regional interest rate caps, is hereby repealed. This Act shall take effect sixty (60) days after being ratified.

Passed 11-2-1-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao, president pro tempore

Veto.

Veto overridden 12-3-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao, president pro tempore

Joseph Cao, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Lumine:
Quote from: President Joseph Cao on July 01, 2022, 12:48:06 PM

Quote from: EO 57:01

EXECUTIVE ORDER
To aid in national reconciliation for a previous wrong

1. Pursuant to Executive Order 56:06, an NPC federal commission is hereby established in order to determine the extent of damages caused by former members of the federal government in relation to the unrest occurring in Kansas and surrounding regions during the months of March and April 2022.

2. The commission shall include at least one individual appointed by the Attorney General of Atlasia, at least one individual appointed by the Southern Attorney General, at least one individual appointed by the Attorney General of Frémont, and at least one individual each appointed by the respective state attorneys general of Kansas and any surrounding states reporting violence during the course of events described in section 1.

3. The findings of the commission shall be made available to the Game Moderator.

The ongoing fallout in Kansas from the events of a couple of months previous is a priority that needs to be addressed swiftly. This executive order expands on one previously issued by President UNL and establishes an NPC commission to formally assess the extent of the damages as an in-universe complement to the findings provided by the GM to date.

This has been seen. Hoping to get updates and/or messages for the incoming Administration done today.

Joseph Cao:
Quote from: EO 57:02

EXECUTIVE ORDER
To provide continuity in the NSC

1. West_Midlander is hereby appointed to the National Security Council.

I have vacated the seat on the NSC which I’ve held since November, and to maintain its composition I am formally appointing Senator West_Midlander to replace me. This also helps to ensure we continue to have a smoothly operating NSC going forward as we unravel the crises happening around the world.

West_Midlander:
Quote from: President Joseph Cao on July 02, 2022, 01:58:47 AM

snip

Thank you very much for the appointment, Mr. President.

Joseph Cao:
Quote from: EO 57:03

EXECUTIVE ORDER
To make provisions for the diligent and constructive conduct of foreign affairs

1. Scott, of the state of Wyoming, is hereby nominated to be Secretary of State.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page