Public Office of the White House

<< < (40/40)

Joseph Cao:
Quote from: President Joseph Cao on March 03, 2023, 11:31:25 AM

Farewell Address

Nyman, DC

The movie never ends; it goes on and on and on and on…

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve, y’all. A wonderful ride. Fhtagn told me a little while ago it was something to see anyone not be burnt out after two terms of being president, but it has been great, and I don’t think I can thank you all enough for the opportunity.

I think my inaugural address about taking action emphasized much more the kind of action I wanted seen taken not just by me, but by all players, as opposed to the exact content of the action. People were justifiably burned out and unwilling to engage after an administration that wanted to throw off accountability. Even if there are many more steps needed, we have come far since then and taken good steps toward restoring the debate and engagement that the AFE board desperately needs. There is more debate going on in AFG – at this point I think it has touched just about every facet of the game – and we will have to continue strengthening the ties between the two boards as some people have tried to do in recent months. None of this has been by any direct action of my own, but of your own volition, just as you all of your own volition kept me accountable to you with your feedback and your concerns every day of this presidency. Long may it continue.

A small part of this was written back in October when I went into the election, as with this past one, fully expecting to lose. At that time we had just about gotten the federal budget to hand and were on track to dispense with it within a month, as we did end up doing. I was ready to rest easy having done that, but you gave your confidence in this ship to get more done, and so not only did we become the first administration in several years to complete and pass a budget, with the first surplus since the original post-reset budget, for which I really cannot express how proud I am of the team that got it done – we also implemented a goodly bit of measures to combat inflation and provided for greater economic opportunities on the other side of that squall. In all this administration has been blessed beyond its imaginings with legislative opportunities.

Thanks to them Atlasians are, unequivocally, freer and better off and able to enjoy more robust constitutional rights and protections from violation of the same. They are in position to enjoy an economy that has ridden through a rough patch and come out the other side intact, a more streamlined federal government, a society with a greater focus on the environment and what needs protecting among the natural wonders with which we share this country, and a country that better projects strength through peace and multilateral cooperation abroad. They and the regions and the fundamental and immutable philosophy of restraint are back at the table where they rightfully belong, again on the willing part of regional leaders who took up their offices and made use of them to engage and better the rest of the nation. If the regional leader who will succeed me bears that to heart, I will rest that much more easily for the future of this game.

There is still much to do that we can do, right now, with what we have, and the responsibility to do it and blame for not having done it yet falls on me as much as on anyone else. I tried regularly to stimulate debate and will continue to do so now that I don’t have to deal with the perception (and apparently long tradition) of presidents picking fights and whatnot. I will continue to try and ensure the AFG minutiae are relevant to AFE; my personal biggest regret is not having the time to do so more. If rumors that people intend to repeal about three dozen laws passed under this administration are true I suppose I will have to hold back a bit longer on updating the statute page on the wiki, at least for laws that we’ve passed, but I will do what I can to fill in the gaps for previous administrations and promote better upkeep of the wiki in general.

And of course, we are still in need of more activity, engagement, discussion of what matters on the forum and in the game instead of the latest Discord du jour, coming together instead of choosing to participate in being driven apart. I will see where the road takes me, but boosting all of that will be a top priority of mine, a watchword and a dream, as I hope it can be to you all.

And naturally I will be here to make sure the next administration sticks to the schedule for the FY 2024 budget. Used to be these things would first be presented in April so we could have adequate debate before the deadline. Tick tock, Tack.

To all those who have served under this administration, to those who put their trust in us with their vote in the first place in June and October and this past February, it would not have done even a tenth of what it did without your help. Never forget that you contribute much more that is good and wise to this game than you think. I had a blast these eight months; let’s keep that rolling for everyone, and make the next era of this game as fun for all of us as it can possibly be. We can all give of our best – together.

May the road rise up to meet all of you.

Thank you, every one of you, Dave bless you all, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia.

Joseph Cao:
Quote from: Sestak on March 03, 2023, 04:30:41 AM

Heartiest congratulations on a long and fruitful tenure.

Quote from: At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder on March 03, 2023, 08:49:06 AM

Best wishes in the future to our finest president ever!

Quote from: Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil on March 03, 2023, 08:50:15 AM

Congralutions on a long and successful tenure. Was proud to have served you as Attorney General.

Quote from: Lumine on March 03, 2023, 09:35:45 AM

My sincere thanks, Mr. President. The recognition does make me feel more guilty about not being able to include you in The Atlasians' musical. With the gods as my witness, one day I shall correct this injustice.

It was a distinguished tenure in office, and you have every right to be proud of it.

Quote from: Senator Classic Liminal on March 03, 2023, 10:53:39 AM

Goodluck Mr. President

Thank you for the kind words, all of you, it means a lot. And I do mean that.

Excelsior!

Sirius_:
You are truly one of the greats, and I salute you!

GM Team Member and Senator WB:
Thank you for your service Mr. President, and I expect I’ll be seeing you on the GM team soon.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare:
It was an honor to be your Secretary of State, and I look forward to working with you in the days ahead. Godspeed, Mr. President!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page