FairBol: Campaign Office- Millhouse for Lincoln Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FairBol: Campaign Office- Millhouse for Lincoln Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FairBol: Campaign Office- Millhouse for Lincoln Governor  (Read 452 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2023, 09:47:04 PM »

Welcome to the Campaign Office of Dennis Millhouse for Governor

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 10:35:13 PM »

https://support.dav.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=7507
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:04:56 PM »

How was this Dennis the Menace legally allowed to move to Indiana?
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:10:48 PM »

The Millhouse Plan: Priorities for A Better Lincoln

Here's where I stand on several of the key issues.

• Economy & Taxation: Let Business Do Business.

To paraphrase Calvin Coolidge, the business of Lincoln is business.  We should work to reduce excessive regulation, and look towards being a region that fosters innovation, entrepreneurship, and economic growth.

• Law & Order: Reform the System, But Prioritize Public Safety.

There is no doubt that our justice system is in need of certain reforms.  Any changes in legal procedure must be geared toward the safety of the public.  In the end, a law enforcement officer’s job is to “protect and serve” the citizens of Lincoln, not simply him or herself. 

This notwithstanding, I believe that law enforcement personnel should generally be supported.  Let’s give our brave officers what they need to do their jobs, and serve the region with honor and distinction. 

• Education Pt. 1: Technology + Innovation = Success.

In order to keep pace with the rest of the nation and world, we need to stay up-to-date.  Let’s invest in our schools, equipping them with advanced technology for advanced success

• Education Pt. 2: Opportunity for All.

Every child deserves to have an opportunity to succeed on a level playing field. 

In academics, this means giving our kids what they need in order to not just get by, but excel and flourish.  This includes the training, hiring, and promotion of the nation’s best teachers, for great teachers lead to great students

In scholastic athletics, this means ensuring that everyone, no matter their biological gender, has a chance to be a champion.  Some will win, some will lose; although some oversight is proper, it is not the government’s place to pick winners and losers.  Let athletes be athletes, and fans be fans

As your governor, I will work hard towards these and other key priorities.  I humbly ask for your support at the polls.  Thank you very much.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 11:11:39 PM »

The heck? There's actually a Dennis Millhouse?
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 11:13:10 PM »

Dennis Millhouse needs to address this!

OOC: If you're talking about the donation thing...no, that's not me, and I have no idea where that came from.  Perhaps I should change the character's name to include a middle initial.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 11:19:54 PM »

Quit spamming the office.  Thanks. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 11:21:36 PM »

LOL thanks for the support!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 11:23:07 PM »

LOL
FairBol
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 06:38:40 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2023, 06:45:47 PM by FairBol »

Address to the Federalist Party Convention
Miami, FL

IMHO, Lincoln needs to start moving in the direction of smaller government.  Big, bloated government simply does not serve the people as well as a more compact system does.  That's what we have right now, and it is something that I want to change.

Of course, this is not to say that I support doing away with the current system.  My plan is not to throw it out, but to make it work better for the people that it's supposed to work for.  In short, that's every citizen of Lincoln.

I think it's time to do the things that government ought to do, but not be unreasonable.  We should protect basic rights, "let business be business", and encourage opportunity.  We should equip our citizens with the tools needed for success, and ensure that every child receives a quality education.  And we should see to it that, through policies meant to promote law and order, no Lincolnite lives in fear.  

These are just some of the goals that I have committed myself to accomplishing.  Through doing these things, we will have a better and stronger region.  

More details about my platform can be found here.

I would greatly appreciate the party's support and vote.  Thank you very much for your time.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 04:14:44 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2023, 04:32:33 PM by FairBol »

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Campaign Office of Millhouse for Governor

TOLEDO, OH - Speaking at a Thursday afternoon rally, Dennis Millhouse encouraged supporters to "get the facts, and know the facts".  

"My opponent says he's for decentralization.  The fact is, he just proposed a bill that would tell local communities how to govern themselves (the "Community Liberty Act")  

He says he's for democracy and justice.  Yet he's on record as voting against the right of due process (see vote on "Gun License Defense Act").

And my opponent claims to be for small business, and the growth of such.  How can that be, when he wants to raise taxes on them? ("Closing Corporate Loophole Bill")

The fact of the matter is, my opponent says one thing, and does another.  We need a governor who will not just talk the talk, but walk the walk as well.  Don't allow yourself to be fooled!"

After the rally, Millhouse departed for a stop-over in Indiana.  The candidate will be making several appearances there this weekend.  

--12--
FairBol
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 11:02:04 AM »

At least he’s gonna be an active Governor and won’t fire actual players and put in NPC’s in roles that require players

And you're saying that I will?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 11:04:45 AM »

At least he’s gonna be an active Governor and won’t fire actual players and put in NPC’s in roles that require players

And you're saying that I will?

You fired me once and replaced me with an NPC. Peebs as well.

FairBol
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »

I admit that was a mistake...but oh, let's dig up something that happened three or four years ago, and use it now.  I now know that this isn't quite a winning strategy. 

Unlike certain others, I learn from my mistakes.  I regret this episode, and promise it will not happen again in the future. 

And it's not like I had a lot of experience in Atlasian government at that time.  The second time around, I know better, and will do better. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2023, 11:45:27 AM »

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Campaign Office of Millhouse for Governor

INDIANAPOLIS - Lincoln governor candidate Dennis Millhouse made this statement on Friday:

After conferring with staff and trusted advisors, I have determined it is in the best interests of all involved to withdraw from the governor's race

This is, of course, disappointing.  Nevertheless, to engage in a game of 'my dad's bigger than your dad' doesn't seem to be expedient at this time.  All that will do is split the vote; it will not well serve the causes of prosperity and liberty, or goals that I am committed to work toward.

Millhouse went on to thank his many supporters, and promise an update to his plans "in the very near future". 

--9--
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2023, 11:54:44 AM »

It was a good run and I’m grateful that we’ll have a united front going into the special.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2023, 12:03:27 PM »

It was a good run and I’m grateful that we’ll have a united front going into the special.

A short run, but a good run.  LOL.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies