The White House: The Joseph Cao Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: The Joseph Cao Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: The White House: The Joseph Cao Administration  (Read 6514 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2022, 12:03:32 PM »

Signing statement

I'm glad we got this done on time, as I'm sure our several million federal employees are, and my commendations go to the Senate for a smooth process in passing this as they continue to tinker with the budget. Keep up the good work, we've got exactly two months.

AN ACT FOR A RESOLUTION

To provide for a one-time, temporary extension of budget levels to allow the budget to be fully debated without a shutdown

Be it resolved in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,
Section 1: Title
1. This legislation shall be cited as the Continuing Resolution – September 2022.

Section 2: Continuing Resolution
1. Funding for the Atlasian federal government will be maintained at current levels through November 30th, 2022 or until the FY2023 budget is enacted.

Passed 15-0-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Western Democrat, President Pro Tempore

Joseph Cao, President of the Republic of Atlasia
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2022, 02:09:22 AM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

You Will Eat Bugs Act of 2022

I. Title

The title of this legislation shall be called the “You Will Eat Bugs Act of 2022” and cited as “EBA”

II: Purpose

To establish subsidies for the industry of Crickets and Grasshoppers for human consumption.

III: Establishment of Programs

This legislation will create the “Tasty Bugs Subsidy Initiative” which will provide federal funding for farms to harvest crickets and grasshoppers.

IV: Definitions

a. A “cricket” shall be defined as an insect edible for human consumption in the Grylliodea family of insects.
b. A “grasshopper” shall be defined as a ground-dwelling, herbivorous insects suitable for human consumption.

V: Subsidies
a. $10,000 shall be allocated evenly to regional governments, statewide governments, and local jurisdictions to farmers willing to harvest insects.

VI: Implementation
a. This shall go into effect one year following the bill’s passage.

Passed 6-2-5-5 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2022, 02:54:27 PM »

Signing statement

To whoever feels the impact of this law, which is to say however far $10,000 can be stretched among three regions and fifty-plus states, I can only say: you WILL eat the bugs.

AN ACT
To eat bugs

Be it enacted in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

I. Title

The title of this legislation shall be called the “You Will Eat Bugs Act of 2022” and cited as “EBA”

II: Purpose

To establish subsidies for the industry of Crickets and Grasshoppers for human consumption.

III: Establishment of Programs

This legislation will create the “Tasty Bugs Subsidy Initiative” which will provide federal funding for farms to harvest crickets and grasshoppers.

IV: Definitions

a. A “cricket” shall be defined as an insect edible for human consumption in the Grylliodea family of insects.
b. A “grasshopper” shall be defined as a ground-dwelling, herbivorous insects suitable for human consumption.

V: Subsidies
a. $10,000 shall be allocated evenly to regional governments, statewide governments, and local jurisdictions to farmers willing to harvest insects.

VI: Implementation
a. This shall go into effect one year following the bill’s passage.

Passed 6-2-5-5 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2022, 03:11:50 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2022, 03:18:23 PM by President Joseph Cao »

We are back in hurricane season and as our energies and thoughts remain with the people of Florida and the Carolinas and other affected areas, I want to be absolutely clear that those in the path of the hurricane should still heed all warnings available to them from local officials and weather sources. This season is not over by any means. I will be directing the administration to provide whatever relief and assistance we have at our disposal to save lives, get help to the people, and rebuild.

Quote from: EO 57:06
EXECUTIVE ORDER
To grant federal assistance to areas affected by Hurricane Ian

1. I hereby recognize and grant all pending requests for disaster declarations in the affected regions, especially for the states of Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina, as well as all future requests for potentially affected states in the path of Hurricane Ian should such be made.

2. The Department of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) shall coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2022, 04:41:38 AM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

SENATE BILL

To allow the GM to revoke past canon under exigent circumstances

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Responsible Excision of Timeline Canon in case of Overt Nonsense Again Act, or, for short, the RETCON Again Act.

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

SB 110-12, the Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act, is hereby amended as follows:

Quote from: F.L. 21-19§3
iii. The word of a game moderator, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by them or their successor unless a request to revoke canon status from a specific game engine proclamation or set of proclamations is approved by eight-ninths of the full senate.
Passed 10-0-1-7 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2022, 10:24:28 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2022, 10:57:01 AM by President Joseph Cao »

Signing statement

Some wag, in fact quite a number of wags at one point or another, once said that this game reflects the systemic incompetence in politics very well. We passed this once to fix a glaring hole in the Game Engine (when in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to place restrictions on the free speech of God etc. etc.) and we're passing it again because that is how this game takes the extra two steps forward after taking its step back, just exactly like politics in general when you think about it. It was necessary to repass this and keep future GMs from taking their own steps back and killing random players, and for that reason I'm happy to sign it.

SENATE BILL

To allow the GM to revoke past canon under exigent circumstances

Be it enacted in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,
SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Responsible Excision of Timeline Canon in case of Overt Nonsense Again Act, or, for short, the RETCON Again Act.

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

SB 110-12, the Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act, is hereby amended as follows:

Quote from: F.L. 21-19§3
iii. The word of a game moderator, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by them or their successor unless a request to revoke canon status from a specific game engine proclamation or set of proclamations is approved by eight-ninths of the full senate.
Passed 10-0-1-7 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto

AN ACT
To provide direct humanitarian aid to the people of Iran

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Support Iranian Civilians Act.

Section 2. Funding for direct aid to the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Whereas,

(i) under an illegitimate and illegal government, thousands of Iranian civilians have been killed or wounded
(ii) tens of thousands of Iranian dissenters and protestors have been imprisoned,

1. $2.5 billion shall be reserved for providing direct aid to Iranian people in need, including but not limited to food, shelter, and healthcare.

2. The Office of Foreign Assistance shall authorize a strategic plan to provide basic necessities to the Iranian people through work with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including charities and faith-based institutions. The Office shall be required to report to the Department of State records of how every dollar for the aforementioned aid fund is used.

Section 3. Bar on aid via cash payments

1. No funds, from public or private resources, shall be used for the purpose of providing cash sums to beneficiaries of the aid program established under this act.

Section 4. Enactment

The establishment of the aid fund and network authorized under this act shall be applied upon passage of this act.
Passed 7-2-1-8 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2022, 10:50:44 PM »

Signing statement

Good on the Senate for getting this through – I am hoping the State Department can get the needed necessities directly to protesters and no one else. It's the least that the people of Iran deserve and the transparency that Atlasian citizens are owed.

And we will, I am reiterating, stand by the protesters and condemn the brutal and deadly crackdown by the Iranian regime as long as it is occurring. There's no place for that kind of thing in the twenty-first century.
Hong Kong remembers.

AN ACT
To provide direct humanitarian aid to the people of Iran

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Support Iranian Civilians Act.

Section 2. Funding for direct aid to the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Whereas,

(i) under an illegitimate and illegal government, thousands of Iranian civilians have been killed or wounded
(ii) tens of thousands of Iranian dissenters and protestors have been imprisoned,

1. $2.5 billion shall be reserved for providing direct aid to Iranian people in need, including but not limited to food, shelter, and healthcare.

2. The Office of Foreign Assistance shall authorize a strategic plan to provide basic necessities to the Iranian people through work with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including charities and faith-based institutions. The Office shall be required to report to the Department of State records of how every dollar for the aforementioned aid fund is used.

Section 3. Bar on aid via cash payments

1. No funds, from public or private resources, shall be used for the purpose of providing cash sums to beneficiaries of the aid program established under this act.

Section 4. Enactment

The establishment of the aid fund and network authorized under this act shall be applied upon passage of this act.
Passed 7-2-1-8 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2022, 01:37:31 AM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto
Right to Choose Act of 2022

Senate Bill
to Respect a Woman's Right to Choose and to Codify Legal Precedent

SECTION I. Name

This Act shall be called the Right to Choose Act of 2022.

SECTION II. Findings

A. The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia finds that-

I. Access to reproductive care, specifically procedures that ensure the safe carriage, resolution, or termination of a pregnancy,is a fundamental right for all citizens of the Republic of Atlasia
II. That the termination of a pregnancy constitutes reproductive care under this definition
III. That the termination of a pregnancy is a substantially private and personal decision
IV. That this procedure ought to be made with proper physical and psychiatric healthcare considerations
V. That any procedure directly or tangentially related to pregnancy termination ought to be regulated, and standardized.
VI. That the regions of Atlasia ought to be able to enact certain laws that regulate the practice and administration of pregnancy termination
VII. That reproductive care be provided to mothers who opt to carry a pregnancy to term, including all medically necessary pre and postpartum care

SECTION III. Statutory Right to Choose

A. It shall be unlawful for any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, to ban pregnancy termination procedures prior to twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy.

B. Any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, may enact statute that regulates access to pregnancy termination services prior to twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy, so long as access to reproductive care, including pregnancy termination, is not substantially impeded or infringed.

C. For the purposes of this section, substantially impeded or infringed shall be defined as any legal or regulatory action taken by a region, local, or nation subdivision that is found to be in noncompliance with the following test:
I. Furthers a valid regional or local interest in protecting the health of a pregnant individual
II. Creates, or increases, a benefit that outweighs the burden placed on people seeking pregnancy termination services
III. Is based on credible, scientific evidence regarding the safety of pregnancy termination procedures

D. Any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, may enact statute that restricts, bans, or otherwise regulates access to pregnancy termination services on or past twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy.

SECTION IV: Effective Date

A. This law shall go into effect on January 1, 2023.
Passed 8-5-0-5 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2022, 02:20:12 AM »

New Great Society Amendment

The New Great Society Act is amended as follows regarding:

4.) Section III, subsection 2.1, of the New Great Society Act is Amended as follows:

Section 2. Monthly Universal Basic Income for Families with Children

1. Beginning in January of 2023 parents or legal guardians of persons under the age of 18 and have a disposable income of less than $70,000 shall be entitled to $2,000 monthly checks.
Passed 7-1-0-11 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2022, 12:50:21 PM »

Veto statement

The Senator from Mississippi made some remarks the other night on this bill which as a former PPT I find myself agreeing with wholeheartedly. Now I am enthusiastically in favor of this bill. I told Scott so when he proposed the idea. I wanted and still want to get it into the budget in time for its passage before the end of the month. But like all other legislation this derives its legitimacy from the Senate's mandate to represent the people and that is patently violated when barely a third of the Senate shows up to vote. It may not be a job requirement that the PPT hits up all eighteen senators but it most certainly is to ensure that as many of them vote as possible. In point of fact I'm not sure this doesn't violate the implicit quorum rule on final votes. 

I want to emphasize that I am making this my first action as President this term to get that point across as clearly as possible – everyone needs to do their job with a minimum of propriety. Get more people to show up, and I promise I will sign this pronto. It's time for Senate leadership to hold up their end of the bargain.

4.) Section III, subsection 2.1, of the New Great Society Act is Amended as follows:

1. Beginning in January of 2023 parents or legal guardians of persons under the age of 18 and have a disposable income of less than $70,000 shall be entitled to $2,000 monthly checks.

VETOED
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2022, 06:40:37 AM »

Mr. President,

This is a courtesy message to inform you that the Senate has voted successfully to override your previous veto. A copy is enclosed for your records. Have a nice day.

Veto Overridden 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled.

- R, PPT
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 09:34:23 PM »

Mr. President, the following bill has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

RIOTERS ARE STUPID ACT

SECTION I: NAME

1. This act shall be referred to as Rioters Are Stupid Act or R.A.S.A

SECTION II: ABOLISH RIOTING

1. A person who, being in another Region, travels to another Region for the purpose of participating in a riot, incitement of a riot, unlawful assembly, or mob intimidation shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for no more than (6) months and a fine of not more than $10,000. A person arrested for a violation of this paragraph shall be held in custody until brought before a federal court for a bail hearing. At such hearing the court shall determine if permitting bail presents a probable risk of future rioting or civil disturbance.

2. This law shall go into effect immediately.

Passed 9-6-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 11:41:46 PM »

Statement

I don't technically have to sign this (whoops) but thank you to the Senate for the marginally better turnout. As to the six senators who didn't make it…

Veto Overridden 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled.

- R, PPT
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 11:59:28 PM »

Veto statement

I don't support overturning the in-game precedent of leaving an incredibly sensitive issue for individual regions to handle, which all parties have historically held to in the recognition that some third rails of federal government are best left alone. Let's leave it at that.

Right to Choose Act of 2022

Senate Bill
to Respect a Woman's Right to Choose and to Codify Legal Precedent

SECTION I. Name

This Act shall be called the Right to Choose Act of 2022.

SECTION II. Findings

A. The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia finds that-

I. Access to reproductive care, specifically procedures that ensure the safe carriage, resolution, or termination of a pregnancy,is a fundamental right for all citizens of the Republic of Atlasia
II. That the termination of a pregnancy constitutes reproductive care under this definition
III. That the termination of a pregnancy is a substantially private and personal decision
IV. That this procedure ought to be made with proper physical and psychiatric healthcare considerations
V. That any procedure directly or tangentially related to pregnancy termination ought to be regulated, and standardized.
VI. That the regions of Atlasia ought to be able to enact certain laws that regulate the practice and administration of pregnancy termination
VII. That reproductive care be provided to mothers who opt to carry a pregnancy to term, including all medically necessary pre and postpartum care

SECTION III. Statutory Right to Choose

A. It shall be unlawful for any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, to ban pregnancy termination procedures prior to twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy.

B. Any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, may enact statute that regulates access to pregnancy termination services prior to twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy, so long as access to reproductive care, including pregnancy termination, is not substantially impeded or infringed.

C. For the purposes of this section, substantially impeded or infringed shall be defined as any legal or regulatory action taken by a region, local, or nation subdivision that is found to be in noncompliance with the following test:
I. Furthers a valid regional or local interest in protecting the health of a pregnant individual
II. Creates, or increases, a benefit that outweighs the burden placed on people seeking pregnancy termination services
III. Is based on credible, scientific evidence regarding the safety of pregnancy termination procedures

D. Any regional, local, or national subdivision thereof, may enact statute that restricts, bans, or otherwise regulates access to pregnancy termination services on or past twenty (20) gestational weeks of a pregnancy.

SECTION IV: Effective Date

A. This law shall go into effect on January 1, 2023.
Passed 8-5-0-5 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

VETOED
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2022, 12:00:17 AM »

Signing statement

So, stepping out of ITTL for a moment, I do have reservations about certain parts of the bill's language that pretty much dovetail with what Yankee said during debate. But I also recognize the miles of daylight that separates a good-faith effort to address at the only level of government effectively possible, the problem of locally driven protests that grow out of control from their original purpose thanks to the injection of unrelated and unaffiliated parties from elsewhere, from the mass criminalization and crackdown on any form of freedom of speech that we see going on in… certain other places in the world. I do think this bill falls clearly on one side of that divide.

RIOTERS ARE STUPID ACT

SECTION I: NAME

1. This act shall be referred to as Rioters Are Stupid Act or R.A.S.A

SECTION II: ABOLISH RIOTING

1. A person who, being in another Region, travels to another Region for the purpose of participating in a riot, incitement of a riot, unlawful assembly, or mob intimidation shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for no more than (6) months and a fine of not more than $10,000. A person arrested for a violation of this paragraph shall be held in custody until brought before a federal court for a bail hearing. At such hearing the court shall determine if permitting bail presents a probable risk of future rioting or civil disturbance.

2. This law shall go into effect immediately.

Passed 9-6-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2022, 10:51:07 AM »

Right to Life Referendum Resolution

Let it be known that, by act of Congress of the Republic of Atlasia that -

A. Whereas, abortion is recognized as a sensitive matter bearing certain procedural risks.

B. Whereas, exceptions to abortion law shall remain.

C. Whereas, to aid ailing mothers in this time of need.

D. Whereas, to ensure great regional autonomy regarding the practice of abortion.

2. It is the position of this Congress that abortion is a regional issue. The regions may determine the status of abortion through popular sovereignty. If a regional dispute arises regarding abortion law, states shall let act in accordance within their own laws.

Passed 9-2-2-5 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled.

- R, PPT
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2022, 10:53:31 AM »

DOMESTIC SEMICONDUCTOR CHIP PROMOTION ACT

1. There is hereby created a Semiconductor Promotion Trust Fund (SPTF). The SPTF shall hold those funds dedicated herein in an interest bearing account and allocate such funds pursuant to law.

2. Over the next five (5) years, $60 billion is hereby authorized to be appropriated to assist in the development of semiconductor manufacturing production in Atlasia. Such funds shall serve as financial assistance for building or modernizing semiconductor manufacturing capabilities in Atlasia.

3. The funds authorized to be expended under this title shall be expended as follows:

A. $30 Billion from the SSTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to finance, guarantee, or subsidize site acquistion, development, and facilities construction for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. $18 Billion of this amount shall be in the form of direct loans or loan guatantees. Grant and loan determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination. All recovered loan repayments shall be deposited in the SPTF.

B. $21 Billion from the SPTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to finance, guarantee, or subsidize machinery, equipment, tools, and process acquistion, development, and installation for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. $15 Billion of this amount shall be in the form of direct loans or loan guatantees. Grant and loan determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination. All recovered loan repayments shall be deposited in the SPTF.

C. $9 Billion from the SPTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to subsidize workforce training, development, and recruitment for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. This amount shall be in the form of grants. Grant determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination.

4. Funding awarded under this act shall be divided as equally as is practicable between each of the three (3) Regions.

5. Any recipient of funds under this Title shall adopt and implement a Cybersecurity Plan approved by the President that is capable of adequately protecting the facility funded by this act as well as any other property owned, controlled, or managed by the recipient.

6. Any recipient of funds under this act shall be considered contractors for purposes of the No Chinese Spyware Act.

7. This act shall take effect immediately.

Passed 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled.

- R, PPT
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2022, 09:01:50 AM »

Signing statement

We in the federal government, as elected representatives of this country, are seeking to provide critical support for our semiconductor supply chain and its workers. We are seeking to promote the best of our Atlasian research and development into the advanced technologies that brought us into the twenty-first century. Every Atlasian is exposed to the danger of an unprecedented failure of technology thanks to its critical role in our lives; this bill makes each and every one of them safer. It builds on existing bipartisan legislation to erect such defenses and it adds more of its own, and I am grateful that the portion of the Senate that showed up approved it unanimously.

DOMESTIC SEMICONDUCTOR CHIP PROMOTION ACT

1. There is hereby created a Semiconductor Promotion Trust Fund (SPTF). The SPTF shall hold those funds dedicated herein in an interest bearing account and allocate such funds pursuant to law.

2. Over the next five (5) years, $60 billion is hereby authorized to be appropriated to assist in the development of semiconductor manufacturing production in Atlasia. Such funds shall serve as financial assistance for building or modernizing semiconductor manufacturing capabilities in Atlasia.

3. The funds authorized to be expended under this title shall be expended as follows:

A. $30 Billion from the SSTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to finance, guarantee, or subsidize site acquisition, development, and facilities construction for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. $18 Billion of this amount shall be in the form of direct loans or loan guarantees. Grant and loan determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination. All recovered loan repayments shall be deposited in the SPTF.

B. $21 Billion from the SPTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to finance, guarantee, or subsidize machinery, equipment, tools, and process acquisition, development, and installation for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. $15 Billion of this amount shall be in the form of direct loans or loan guarantees. Grant and loan determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination. All recovered loan repayments shall be deposited in the SPTF.

C. $9 Billion from the SPTF is hereby authorized to be expended over the next five (5) years to subsidize workforce training, development, and recruitment for commercial semiconductor manufacturing. This amount shall be in the form of grants. Grant determinations for this purpose shall consider all relevant factors in making such determination.

4. Funding awarded under this act shall be divided as equally as is practicable between each of the three (3) Regions.

5. Any recipient of funds under this Title shall adopt and implement a Cybersecurity Plan approved by the President that is capable of adequately protecting the facility funded by this act as well as any other property owned, controlled, or managed by the recipient.

6. Any recipient of funds under this act shall be considered contractors for purposes of the No Chinese Spyware Act.

7. This act shall take effect immediately.

Passed 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled.

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2022, 01:47:22 AM »

Bill for you:

FOOD PRICE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT

1. All tariff rate quotas, countervailing duties, and import duties on meat, produce, and food products imported from any foreign country are hereby suspended until July 1, 2024.

2. The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) are hereby eliminated. Any pre-existing covenant by a farmer not to engage in agriculture as a result of participating in the CRP or CSP are hereby null and void.

3. The Market Access Program is hereby eliminated.

4. The Dairy Forward Pricing Program, Supplemental Revenue Assistance, Payments Program, the ACRE Subsidy Program, and the Counter-Cyclical Subsidy Program are hereby eliminated.

5. All herd size limits imposed on ranchers utilizing federal grazing land are hereby suspended until July 1, 2024. Nothing in this section shall waive the requirement of ranchers to pay for any grass consumed pursuant to law.

6. Any person who willfully and knowingly damages or destroys any product or food process development that is known by the person to be the subject of testing or a product development program being conducted by, or in conjunction or cooperation with a public university or college, university system, or any other federal, Regional, State, or local government agency, shall be liable for treble the value of the product damaged or destroyed. For the purposes of this title, in conjunction or cooperation with means having a contract with a government agency, entity, or subdivision involving testing or a product development program relating to that product.

7. Any person who willingly or knowingly damages or destroys any product or food process development undertaken by any private sector corporation or business entity that is known by the person to be the subject of testing or product development shall be liable for treble the value of the product damaged or destroyed.

8. Any person or group who willfully or knowingly damages, destroys, or contaminates food or liquid intended for human consumption or use in interregional commerce shall be liable for treble the value of the item damaged, destroyed, or contaminated.

9. Any person or group who willfully or knowingly damages, destroys, or contaminates any field crop or food product grown or produced without consent shall be liable for treble the value of the item damaged, destroyed, or contaminated.

10. The rights and remedies available under this title are in addition to any other rights or remedies otherwise available in law. In addition to civil liability, any violation of Sections (6) - (9) of this title shall be guilty of a crime punishable as follows:

A. If the violation results in $500 or less in physical damage or destruction of property the violator shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 and restitution.

B. If the violation results in more than $500 in physical damage or destruction of property the violator shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both, and restitution.

C. If the violation results in the intentional or negligent bodily harm to any individual the violator shall be guilty of a separate felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than ten (10) years, a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both.

11. An animal, food, or ecological terrorist organization or any person acting on its behalf or at its request or for its benefit is prohibited from:

A. Depriving the owner of an animal, food product, or natural resource from participating in an animal, food, or natural resource activity by:

i. obstructing the lawful use of an animal, food product, or natural resource, or other property from the owner permanently or for such a period of time that a significant portion of the value or enjoyment of the animal, natural resource, or property is lost to the owner by way of coercion, fear, intimidation, or property damage.

ii. disposing of an animal, food product, natural resource, or other property or to so alter its condition or usefulness that the value of the animal, food product, natural resource, or other property is substantially reduced.

B. Obstructing or impeding the use of an animal facility or the use of a food product or natural resource without the effective consent of the owner by:

i. damaging or destroying an animal facility, research facility, or facility involved in construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products, or other property in or on the premises;

ii. breaking and entering an animal facility, research facility, or facility involved in construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products, that is at the time closed to the public;

iii. remaining concealed in an animal facility, research facility, or facility involved in construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products, with the intent to commit an act prohibited by this act;

iv. breaking and entering an animal facility, research facility, or facility involved in construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products, and committing or attempting to commit an act prohibited by this act;

v. entering or remaining on the premises of an animal facility, research facility, or facility involved in construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products, if the person or organization had notice that the entry was forbidden or received notice to depart but failed to do so.

vi. obstructing or interfering with the transportation of animals, food or food products, natural resources, construction materials, or equipment necessary to produce, process, transport, store, sell, or distribute animals, food or food products, or natural resources.

C. Participating in or supporting animal, food, or ecological terrorism to include raising, soliciting, collecting or providing any person with material, financial support or other resources such as lodging, training, safe houses, false documentation or identification, communications, equipment or transportation that will be used in whole or in part, to encourage, plan, prepare, carry out, publicize, promote or aid an act of animal, food, or ecological terrorism, the concealment of, or an escape from, an act of animal, food, or ecological terrorism.

12. The provisions of this title do not apply to activities of a:

A. Government agency or its employees who are carrying out their responsibilities under law or to lawful activities of a financial institution or other secured party; and

B. Humane animal treatment shelter or its employees whose primary purpose is the bona fide control or humane care of animals when acting within the scope of their employment.

13. A person that violates this act and that results in $500 or less in physical damage or destruction of property shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 and restitution.

A person that violates this act and and that results in more than $500 in physical damage or destruction of property shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both, and restitution.

Any person that violates this act and results in the intentional or negligent bodily harm to any individual shall be guilty of a separate felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than ten (10) years, a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both.

14. A person who has been damaged by a violation of this act may bring against the person who caused the damage an action in an appropriate court to recover an amount equal to three (3) times all economic damages to include the cost of lost or damaged property, records, the cost of repeating an interrupted or invalidated experiment, loss of profits or other special or consequential damages and reasonable legal fees.

15. There is hereby created the registry of animal, food, and ecological terrorists. A person who is convicted of or pleads guilty to an act that violates any provision of this title shall be registered with the Attorney General. The registry shall contain the name, a current residence address, a recent photograph, and signature of the offender. The offender is required to provide written notice to the Attorney General regarding any change in name or residence address within thirty (30) days of making the change. The Attorney General shall create a website containing the information set forth in this paragraph for each person who is convicted or pleads guilty to a violation of this Act. Information regarding an offender shall remain on the website for no less than three (3) years at which time the registrant may apply to the Attorney General for removal after a hearing on the application for removal.

16. For the purposes of this act:

A. Animal means any warm-blooded or cold-blooded animal lawfully confined for food, fur, or fiber production, agriculture and its related activities, research, testing, education, or wildlife.

B. Animal activities means any activity involving the use of animals or animal parts to include hunting, fishing, trapping, traveling, camping, production, preparation or processing of food or food products, clothing or garment manufacturing, medical or other research, entertainment, recreation, retail, agriculture, biotechnology, or any other services involving the use of animals, including the sale of any products therein.

C. Animal facility includes a vehicle, building, structure, research facility, nature preserve, or other premises where an animal is lawfully kept, handled, housed, exhibited, bred, or offered for sale, to include a zoo, rodeo, circus, amusement park, hunting preserve, kennel, feedlot, farm, slaughter house, tannery, processing facility, farmer's market, and horse and dog event.

D. Animal, food, or ecological terrorist organization means any association, organization, entity, coalition, or combination of two (2) or more persons with the primary or incidental purpose of supporting any activity through intimidation, coercion, force, or fear that is intended to obstruct, impede, or deter any person from participating in a lawful animal activity, animal facility, research facility, or the lawful activity of construction, mining, foresting, farming, harvesting, gathering, processing natural resources, or producing, processing, transporting, storing, selling, or distributing of food or food products.

E. Consent means agreement in fact, whether express or apparent. Absence of either verbal or nonverbal communication shall not be construed to fall under this definition.

F. Ecological means the relationship between organisms and their environment.

G. Effective consent means consent by the owner or by a person legally authorized to act for the owner. Absence of either verbal or nonverbal communication shall not be construed fall under this definition. Consent is not effective if it is:

i. induced by force or threat;

ii. given by a person that the offender knows or reasonable should have known is not an agent for the owner; or

iii. given by a person who by reason of youth, mental disease or defect, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol is known by the offender to be unable to make reasonable decisions.

H. Notice means: oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner; fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain animals; or a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to a building that are reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders and that indicate that entry is forbidden.

I. Product means field crops, forests, livestock including poultry and aquaculture, and any other animal products.

J. Research facility means a place, laboratory, institution, medical care facility, government facility, elementary school, high school, college, university, or nature preserve at which a scientific test, experiment, or investigation involving the use of animals or other ecological organisms is lawfully carried out, conducted, or attempted.

17. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days from the date of passage.

Passed 8-4-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2022, 01:48:28 AM »

Bill for you:

FERTILIZER PRICE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT

A SENATE BILL
To reduce supply shocks to the fertilizer mark and fight price inflation for fertilizer and food.
Be it enacted

1. All tariff rate quotas, countervailing duties, and import duties on phosphate fertilizer and ammonium nitrate fertilizer imported from any foreign country are hereby suspended until July 1, 2024.

2. 42 U.S.C. 9601 is amended by adding the following new section at the end
thereof:

SECTION 312. EXCEPTION FOR MANURE

a. Upon the date of enactment of this section, manure shall not be included in the meaning of `hazardous substance' under section 101(14) of this Act or `pollutant or contaminant' under section 101(33) of this Act.

b. The enactment of this section shall not be construed to impose any liability or paperwork requirements under provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 for manure.

c. Nothing in this section shall affect the applicability of any other environmental
statute as it relates to the definition of manure, or the responsibilities or liabilities of any person regarding, the treatment, storage, or disposal of manure.

d. 100 Stat. 1655 is amended by adding the following at the end thereof:
The notification requirements under this subsection shall not apply to releases associated with manure (as defined in section 312 of the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act.

e. Definition - For the purposes of this section, the term `manure' mean:
     1. digestive emissions, feces, urine, urea and other excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     2. any associated bedding, compost, raw materials or other materials commingled with such excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     3. any process water associated with the items referred to in paragraph (1) or (2); and
     4. any byproducts, constituents, or substances contained in, originating from, or emissions relating to the items described in paragraph (1), (2), or (3).''.

3. This act shall take effect January 1, 2023.

Passed 10-4-0-4 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2022, 01:50:11 AM »

Bill for you:

DRUG PRICE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT

TITLE I: COMPOUNDING PHARMACIES

1. For the purposes of this title:

A. chronically ill patient means a patient whose physician has diagnosed the patient as having a long-term disease or condition that if left untreated may cause major irreversible morbidity and who might benefit from individualized or specialized medication that is not commercially available.

B. compounding pharmacy means a pharmacy that is classified as a 503a pharmacy by the Atlasian Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

C. monographs means quality standards for prescription medicines and dietary supplements that articulate the quality expectations for a medicine or dietary supplement, including its identity, strength, purity and performance.

D. terminally ill patient means a patient whose physician has diagnosed the patient with a disease that, taking into account the patient’s medical circumstances, will cause the patient’s death in a reasonably foreseeable time.

2. Chronically-ill patients and terminally ill patients have the right to determine, with the assistance and guidance of their health care providers, individual courses of treatment through the use of medications and treatments obtained from a compounding pharmacy.

3. Compounding pharmacies shall have access to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients for use in compounding that meet Atlasia Pharmacopeia Monographs, if the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient is:

A. prepared for use by an FDA-registered Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturer or packager; and

B. Lawfully shipped to the compounding pharmacy and arrives with a certificate of analysis detailing quality specifications, including any medications, dietary supplements, and amino acids that are already in use by compounding pharmacies, in order to provide chronically ill patients and terminally ill patients with the prescribed individual course of treatment.

4. Section (3) of this Title does not apply if the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient is deemed unsafe for compounding by the FDA or is placed on the Interim 503a Category II Bulk Drug Substance List. Compounding pharmacies may use substances placed on the Interim 503a Category III Bulk Drug Substance List only if the substance meets the requirements of this act.

5. This act does not allow any treatment or use of medication that is intended to cause the death of the patient.

TITLE II: DRUG DONATIONS

A. Donate means to give without requiring anything or significant monetary value from the recipient.  The term shall include giving by a nonprofit organization to another nonprofit organization where the donor organization has charged a nominal fee to the donee organization, and distribution by a nonprofit organization to an ultimate recipient who has been required to pay a nominal fee to the nonprofit organization.

B. Drug means:

i. any article recognized in the official Atlasian Pharmacopoeia, or the official National Formulary, or any supplement to them; or

ii. any article intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans; or

iii.  any article other than food intended to affect the structure or any function of the human body; but does not mean medical supply as defined in this title.

C. Gross negligence means conduct by a person with knowledge, at the time of the conduct, that the conduct is harmful to the health or well-being of another person.

D. Intentional misconduct means conduct by a person with knowledge, at the time of the conduct, that the conduct is harmful to the health or well-being of another person.

E.  Medical supply means any instrument, apparatus, implement, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article including any component, part, or accessory, which is:

i.   recognized in the official National Formulary, or the official Atlasian Pharmacopoeia, or any supplement to them; or

ii.   intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans; or

iii.  intended to affect the structure of any function of the human body, and which does not achieve any of its principal intended purposes through chemical action within or on the human body and which is not dependent upon being metabolized for the achievement of any of its principal intended purposes.

F.   Nonprofit organization means an incorporated or unincorporated entity that:

i.  is operating for religious, charitable, or educational purposes; and

ii. does not provide net earnings to, or operate in any other manner that insures to the benefit of, any office employee, or shareholder of the entity.  As used in this paragraph, earning shall not include employee compensation.

G. Person means an individual, corporation, partnership, organization, association, or governmental entity including but not limited to a drug manufacturer, medical supply manufacturer, retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, wholesaler, clinic, physician, nurse, hospital, dentist, outpatient health facility nursing home, home health care entity, or nonprofit drug or medical supply distributor.  In the case of a corporation, partnership, organization, association or government entity, the term includes as officer, director, partner, deacon, elder, priest, pastor, rabbi, imam, trustee, council member, or other elected or appointed individual responsible for the governance of the entity. In the case of an individual, the term includes heirs, executors, and administrators of an estate who donate unused drugs or medical supplies belonging to a deceased person.

2. A person shall not be subject to any civil or criminal liability arising from the nature, age, packaging, or condition of drugs or medical supplies that the person donates in good faith to a nonprofit organization for ultimate distribution to needy individuals, except that this paragraph shall not apply to an injury to or death or an ultimate user or recipient of the drug or medical supply that results from an act or omission of the donor constituting gross negligence or intentional misconduct.

3. If some or all of the donated drugs or medical supplies do not meet all quality and labeling standards imposed by federal law, the person who donates the drug or medical supply shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability in accordance with this title if the donor:

A. is informed by the doctor of the distressed or defective condition of the donated drug or medical supply; and

B. agrees to take necessary measures to comply with all relevant quality standards imposed by federal law prior to distribution of the donated drug or medical supply; and

C.  is made knowledgeable as to the quality standards applicable to the donated drug or medical supply under federal law.

4. This title shall not be construed to create any liability.

5. The government of Atlasia memorializes the Regions to work with the federal government in establishing recycling and redistribution programs for narcotics in health care facilities and other established drug repositories.

TITLE III: OVERDOSE PREVENTION

A.  Opioid antagonist means a drug, such as naloxone, that satisfies all of the following:

i.The drug binds to the opioid receptors and competes with or displaces opioid agonists at the opioid receptor site but does not activate the receptors, effectively blocking the receptor and preventing or reversing the effect of an opioid agonist; and

ii.The drug is not a controlled substance.

B. Standing order means an order transmitted electronically or in writing by a practitioner for a drug or device for multiple patients or for one or more groups of patients.

2. It shall be lawful for emergency medical technicians or service providers, certified first responders, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, or pharmacists to administer naloxone or another opioid antagonist to individuals who are undergoing or who are believed to be undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose.

3. Any emergency medical technicians or service providers, certified first responders, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, or pharmacists shall undergo any training necessary to safely and properly administer naloxone or another opioid antagonist.

4. Every ambulance service provider shall do all of the following:

A. Ensure that every emergency medical technicians or service providers and certified first responders under the ambulance service provider’s supervision who has obtained the training necessary to safely and properly administer naloxone or another opioid antagonist has a supply of naloxone or the other opioid antagonist available for administration when he or she is performing his or her duties as an emergency medical technician, to the extent that naloxone or the other opioid antagonist is available to the ambulance service provider.

B. Require each emergency medical technicians or service providers and certified first responders under the supervision of the ambulance service provider to keep a record of each instance in which naloxone or another opioid antagonist is administered to an individual who is undergoing or who is believed to be undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose.

C. Submit such records to the State in which the administration occurs annually.

5.  A law enforcement agency or fire department may enter into a written agreement to affiliate with an ambulance service provider or a physician for all of the following purposes:

A. Obtaining a supply of naloxone or another opioid antagonist; and

B. Allowing law enforcement officers and fire fighters to obtain the training necessary to safely and properly administer naloxone or another opioid antagonist to individuals who are undergoing or who are believed to be undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose.

6. An emergency medical technician or service provider, certified first responder, law enforcement officer, fire fighter, physician, physician assistant, advanced practice nurse, or pharmacist who, reasonably believing another person to be undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose, administers naloxone or another opioid antagonist to that person shall be immune from civil or criminal liability for any outcomes resulting from the administration of the opioid antagonist to that person, if the person so administering is acting pursuant to any training required by this title.

7. A pharmacist authorized to issue prescription orders may do any of the following:

A. Prescribe an opioid antagonist to a person in a position to assist an individual at risk of undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose and may deliver the opioid antagonist to that person. A prescription order under this subdivision need not specify the name and address of the individual to whom the opioid antagonist will be administered, but shall instead specify the name of the person to whom the opioid antagonist is prescribed.

B. Issue a standing order to one (1) or more persons authorizing the dispensing of an opioid antagonist.

8.  A physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice nurse who prescribes or delivers an opioid antagonist shall ensure that the person to whom the opioid antagonist is prescribed has or has the capacity to provide the knowledge and training necessary to safely administer the opioid antagonist to an individual undergoing an opioid-related overdose and that the person demonstrates the capacity to ensure that any individual to whom the person further delivers the opioid antagonist has or receives that knowledge and training.

9. A physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice nurse who, acting in good faith, prescribes or delivers an opioid antagonist in accordance with this title or who, acting in good faith, otherwise lawfully prescribes or dispenses an opioid antagonist, shall be immune from criminal or civil liability and may not be subject to professional discipline for any outcomes resulting from prescribing, delivering, or dispensing the opioid antagonist.

10.  A pharmacist may, upon and in accordance with the prescription order of a physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice nurse authorized to issue prescription orders that complies with law, deliver an opioid antagonist to a person specified in the prescription order and may, upon and in accordance with the standing order of a physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice nurse that complies with the law, deliver an opioid antagonist to an individual in accordance with the order.  The pharmacist shall provide a consultation in accordance with law.

12. A pharmacist who, acting in good faith, delivers an opioid antagonist in accordance with this title, or who, acting in good faith, otherwise lawfully dispenses an opioid antagonist, shall be immune from criminal or civil liability and may not be subject to professional discipline under for any outcomes resulting from delivering or dispensing the opioid antagonist.

13.  Any person may possess an opioid antagonist. Any person may deliver or dispense an opioid antagonist. Subject to law, any person who, acting in good faith, delivers or dispenses an opioid antagonist to another person, or who, reasonably believing another person to be undergoing an opioid-related drug overdose, administers an opioid antagonist to that person shall be immune from civil or criminal liability for any outcomes resulting from delivering, dispensing, or administering the opioid antagonist.

TITLE IV: LIABILITY SHIELD

1. Any licensed pharmacist shall be immune from federal criminal prosecution and civil liability for dispensing to a patient with a valid prescription, a prescription drug that has been approved as safe by the FDA, regardless of if the patient prescribed the drug is taking the drug for an off-label treatment. This shall include, but not be limited to, Hydroxychloriquine and Ivermectin.

2. Nothing in this title shall prohibit Regions from imposing additional requirements for the dispensing of drugs under their own Regional laws.

3. The regulation permitting Pharmacy Benefit Companies and Pharmacists to enter into contracts containing gag orders prohibiting pharmacists from informing customers when the cash price for a prescription drug is lower than the customer's insurance price is hereby eliminated. 42 USC 300gg-11 et seq. and 42 USC 1395w-104 et seq. shall be amended accordingly.

TITLE V: WARNINGS AND LIMITS ON DANGEROUS DRUGS

1. No Leuproelin, SSRI, SNRI, SMS, SARI, NRI, TCA, TeCA, MAOI, or other prescription antidepressant medication, steroid, hormone, or abortion drug shall be prescribed to or dispensed to an unemancipated minor without the express written consent of each of the minor's parents or guardians.

2. Any Leuproelin dispensed pursuant to federal law shall include a warning that such drug increases the risk of osteoporosis, sterility, depression, and suicide in minors.

3. Any SSRI, SNRI, SMS, SARI, NRI, TCA, TeCA, MAOI, or other prescription antidepressant medication, steroid, hormone, or abortion drug dispensed pursuant to federal law shall include a warning that such drug increases the risk of sterility, depression, and suicide in minors.

4. Any prescription drug that contains pig products or is otherwise not kosher or halal dispensed pursuant to federal law shall include a warning that such drug contains pig products or is not kosher or halal.

TITLE VI: ENACTMENT

1. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days after passage.

Passed 10-0-0-8 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2022, 01:51:08 AM »

Bill for you:

BABY FORMULA INFLATION REDUCTION ACT

1. The FDA shall be required to classify any baby formula as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for importation purposes if such baby formula is approved as safe by the governments of Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the United Kingdom, Norway, or any member country of the European Union, notwithstanding any lack of compliance with Atlasian labeling and nutrition standards.

2. The FDA shall make a determination as to the safety of any branded baby formula sought for importation from a country not identified in section 1 within 45 days of an application therefor.

3. Customs and Border Patrol shall remove baby formula manufactured by HiPP and Holle from its mandatory seize list, notwithstanding any lack of compliance with Atlasian labeling and nutrition standards.

4. All tariff rate quotas on baby formula imported from a country identified in section 1 of this act are hereby eliminated.

5. The WIC program shall not impose any size limits or maximum monthly allowances on baby formula purchases. 7 CFR 246.10 shall be amended accordingly.

6. When awarding a sourcing contract for baby formula under the WIC program, each State shall permit the three (3) suppliers with the lowest wholesale price to participate in the program. No State shall give an exclusive, sole-source contract to a single supplier unless only one (1) supplier seeks to participate therein.

7. Income eligibility to participate in the WIC program shall be expanded to include otherwise eligible persons making up to 200% of the federal poverty limit.

8. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days from the date of passage.

Passed 11-0-0-7 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2022, 01:51:55 AM »

Bill for you:

Senate Bill
To restrict embassy's displaying of flags and other purposes

Be it enacted in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

EMBASSY NEUTRALITY ACT

1. No flag shall be displayed by the government of Atlasia, or any officer or employee thereof upon the exterior property of any Atlasian embassy or consulate other than the Atlasian flag, the flag of any Region, the NATO flag, or the POW-MIA Flag, nor shall any federal funding be expended for the purchase, acquisition, or display of any such prohibited flag upon such embassy or consulate.

2. This act shall take effect immediately.

Passed 9-5-0-4 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2022, 01:52:30 AM »

JUNETEENTH ACT

1. In celebration of the end of slavery in Atlasia, the 19th of June of every year is hereby proclaimed to be National Emancipation Day.

2. National Emancipation Day shall be a federal holiday.

3. National Emancipation Day shall be colloquially known as 'Juneteenth'.

4. This provision shall take effect immediately.

Passed 11-0-0-7 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

- R, PPT

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies