Do you miss bronz 1.5 months after his ban?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you miss bronz 1.5 months after his ban?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Do you miss bronz 1.5 months after his ban?  (Read 580 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2022, 04:47:18 AM »

I do. He should be unbanned and I hope he returns.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 05:13:00 AM »

We need an Atlas Ban Parole Board.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 05:30:38 AM »

bronz was banned?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 07:29:14 AM »

No, he make the same race baiting threads all the time, no O don't miss repetitive threads, he never makes Jews worthy threads only threads that push people buttons
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 07:30:48 AM »

Didn't even realize he was banned tbh.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 09:19:17 AM »

Yup, temp ban for 6 months. As far as I know, his ban expires a few weeks after the midterms. Hopefully he will be back. We need some police insights and funny threads about race issues framed as innocent question.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »

MiddleRoad pretty much fills the same void, so no.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »

This is a threaf about Bronz
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 02:20:47 PM »

Who's Bronz?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 02:27:19 PM »

Yes, I would have liked his insights on the New York primaries and how he thought about Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk County.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 06:16:28 PM »

I was gone for six months (with two very brief appearances here in that time) and I knew something felt different but couldn't put my finger on it.

I don't hate the guy, but I can't say that I miss him either.

By the way, if I can get a little narcissistic and off-topic, I've noticed that "Opinion of the Drop-Out: *Insert Name Here*" threads have become a trend, and I never got one! I'm very displeased!
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 04:10:08 PM »

Yes, I would have liked his insights on the New York primaries and how he thought about Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk County.

From some dated personal experience I could fill that void my very self.  I was the youngest member of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee in its history at the time I was appointed to fill a vacancy.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 04:13:26 PM »

From some dated personal experience I could fill that void my very self.  I was the youngest member of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee in its history at the time I was appointed to fill a vacancy.
What was the extent of their connections to the mob like at that time?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 04:15:01 PM »

They'd hit up Garbage Carters for campaign contributions.  Suffolk County was far more Republican than it was now, and the Mob saved most of its money for those more likely to win. 
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »

They'd hit up Garbage Carters for campaign contributions.  Suffolk County was far more Republican than it was now, and the Mob saved most of its money for those more likely to win. 
How did the Democrats expel the troublemakers in the party after 1968?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2022, 05:01:06 PM »

From some dated personal experience I could fill that void my very self.  I was the youngest member of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee in its history at the time I was appointed to fill a vacancy.

They'd hit up Garbage Carters for campaign contributions.  Suffolk County was far more Republican than it was now, and the Mob saved most of its money for those more likely to win.  

Which troublemakers are you talking about?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2022, 05:12:02 PM »

From some dated personal experience I could fill that void my very self.  I was the youngest member of the Suffolk County Democratic Committee in its history at the time I was appointed to fill a vacancy.

They'd hit up Garbage Carters for campaign contributions.  Suffolk County was far more Republican than it was now, and the Mob saved most of its money for those more likely to win.  

Which one’s were there?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2022, 05:37:13 PM »

Don't miss Bronz, not even a little bit.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2022, 06:25:29 PM »

I've been visiting my local bagel shop twice as often to soothe my grief and longing.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2022, 06:50:51 PM »

Which one’s were there?

The problem with Democrats in Suffolk County in the Early 1970s was that Democrats that got elected were often the sort of folks that kept themselves aloof from the party.  There was Congressman Otis Pike (D-Riverhead) who became chair of a committee that investigated abuses by the CIA.  (Lord, do we need him now!)  He later became a syndicated columnist.  There were occasionally Town officials that were elected when prominent Republicans were caught doing dirty land deals (zoning scandals).  The problem was that some of the few Democrats elected by those means were offered Judicial nominations if they switched to the GOP.  After that, Gov. Rocklefeller (and, later on, Gov. Wilson) would appoint the replacement (naturally, a Republican).  

At age 19 (in 1976), my friends and I launched primary challenges to other Democratic committee members for control of one area of my town.  The particular area chair was the NY State Chairperson for George Wallace's 1976 campaign in NY (I kid you not!); this was the focus of our primary campaigns, ridding the party of Wallace supporters.   We lost by 1 district, but the new Area Chair was at least a good guy and a real Democrat.  (The outgoing chair was someone who regularly supported Republicans and was part of a "Democratic Club" that was little more than a real estate venture.)

A lot of this nonsense stopped when Suffolk County Democratic Chairman Dominic Baranello became State Chairman.  This meant more patronage jobs for Suffolk Democrats (who, after 1975, had a Democratic Governor) and more party discipline.  Many party leaders before 1973 took dives for crumbs from Republicans, but after 1973, when Democrats began to win, the goal became to elect more Democratic officials.  Baranello was a strong County and State chair, but things began to go South in 1979 when Carter tanked.

I moved to Florida after the 1982 elections.  I had hoped for a number of cushy patronage appointments, but a bad thing happened.  Ed Koch lost the primary for Governor.  This was bad because Baranello was ALL IN for Koch, and he twisted arms for Koch.  Koch was considered the fave, and he had "the organization" behind him, but he kept making gaffes and was upset by Mario Cuomo in the primary.  To those of you who see Cuomo as "the establishment", Cuomo was the underdog, non-establishment candidate in 1982, and his primary victory knocked Baranello down a number of notches.  (Obviously, he was out as State Chair.)  

What DID happen with Cuomo's victory (which I didn't stay around to see) was that the outsiders in the party became insiders.  The current Suffolk County Elections Commissioner was an outsider prior to 1982.  A Town Chair that I will not mention was an outsider that went inside after that.  I followed events after I left and I can tell you that many of the rebels of the 1970s became the insiders of the 1990s and onward.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2022, 10:51:30 PM »

I think the mods should unban bronz and make him a de facto “above the law” poster, like olawakandi
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies