So I had a heart attack today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I had a heart attack today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I had a heart attack today  (Read 1752 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« on: July 01, 2022, 05:48:41 AM »

Keeping you in my thoughts. Here's to another 53 (or however many you want).
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 07:38:09 AM »

So I just talked to the doctor and will be getting out of here in the next few hours. So I'm going to have to take medications, including baby aspirin every day for the rest of my life. No biggie.

I'm going to have to find a new cardio of at least 20 minutes, if not 30 to 40, every day. A hassle, but I'll just watch TV I guess while walking and killed two birds with one stone and what little free time I have.

But the big kicker is I've got a really cut down on carbs. Ugh! That is not going to be easy.

I don't know how much reading you typically do, but if it's 20+ minutes a day you can avoid losing any free time just by listening to audiobooks of those same books on your walks.

Eggs are a great low-carb food if and only if the fat content isn't a problem - ask your doctor on that one.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 10:33:17 AM »

At the risk of attention whoring by bumping this thread, I just want to thank everyone quite sincerely for outpouring of support and well wishes. It was one month ago today - well, yesterday since it's after midnight and that I had my heart attack, I've been doing pretty well. I've been eating much better and have shed a solid 10 lb or so, and want to do another 10 lb. The problem is after the first two weeks the demands of my job took over again and I have not been able to get a good 20 minutes in on the treadmill or walking around the neighborhood as I did for the first two weeks. I need to do it again for the sake of my heart as well as to lose those additional pounds.

But what can I do? I put in a fool 7 hour day today driving 4 hours round trip to visit incarcerated client and meeting with him in the jail library for 3 hours. Last weekend I put in a solid 10 and 1/2 hours on Sunday. The saddest part is it isn't being a workaholic for the sake of work, but having to put in those enormous number of hours in order to keep my chin barely above water with the demands of my job.

But enough whining. I'll find the solution I'm reasonably certain. Or at least hoping. Thank you again everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Wish me luck.

Glad to hear you're on the up. I'm not good at the touchy-feely words of support stuff, but I thought of a few thjngs you may find useful.

I don't know how much time you spend at the office, but a standing desk or even a treadmill desk could be worth considering.

Don't feel bad if the next 10 pounds are harder to lose than the first 10 pounds. When gaining or losing weight, the first 5-10 pounds of gain or loss are from water weight and happen very quickly. And even after that, as your weight decreases with every additional lost pound, your metabolic needs decrease, reducing the gap between your daily intake and your daily caloric output. So do not feel bad about each pound feeling harder than the one before it, if that happens.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies