So I had a heart attack today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I had a heart attack today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I had a heart attack today  (Read 1747 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 01, 2022, 08:12:47 AM »

So I just talked to the doctor and will be getting out of here in the next few hours. So I'm going to have to take medications, including baby aspirin every day for the rest of my life. No biggie.

I'm going to have to find a new cardio of at least 20 minutes, if not 30 to 40, every day. A hassle, but I'll just watch TV I guess while walking and killed two birds with one stone and what little free time I have.

But the big kicker is I've got a really cut down on carbs. Ugh! That is not going to be easy.

I don't know how much reading you typically do, but if it's 20+ minutes a day you can avoid losing any free time just by listening to audiobooks of those same books on your walks.

Eggs are a great low-carb food if and only if the fat content isn't a problem - ask your doctor on that one.

Or serial podcasts.  My wife and I do two 30-minute walks a day, and she's currently listening to one called "Cabin Pressure" during them.  The episodes are 28 minutes long, which works out perfectly.

Glad to hear you're doing OK, Badger.  I had a chest pain scare a few years ago and ended up in the ER, but fortunately it turned out to be costochondritis (an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the breastbone), which is nothing serious.  But it was pretty scary until they came back with the test results.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies