So I had a heart attack today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:30:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I had a heart attack today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I had a heart attack today  (Read 1735 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 01, 2022, 12:29:57 AM »

Not very good with these sort of things, and plus many other posters have already expressed similar sentiments to mine...

Still not good... heavy s**t...

Never remember meeting one of my Grandfathers bcs he died of a heat attack after a stroke when I was only 1 1/2.

Not a Christian, but wish you the best blessings and recovery to enjoy life with your wife and family, since am increasingly starting to realize how short human life actually is over the decades of existence.

FWIW... you've always been one of my favorite Atlas Posters of recent decade....   Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:55:22 PM »

At the risk of attention whoring by bumping this thread, I just want to thank everyone quite sincerely for outpouring of support and well wishes. It was one month ago today - well, yesterday since it's after midnight and that I had my heart attack, I've been doing pretty well. I've been eating much better and have shed a solid 10 lb or so, and want to do another 10 lb. The problem is after the first two weeks the demands of my job took over again and I have not been able to get a good 20 minutes in on the treadmill or walking around the neighborhood as I did for the first two weeks. I need to do it again for the sake of my heart as well as to lose those additional pounds.

But what can I do? I put in a fool 7 hour day today driving 4 hours round trip to visit incarcerated client and meeting with him in the jail library for 3 hours. Last weekend I put in a solid 10 and 1/2 hours on Sunday. The saddest part is it isn't being a workaholic for the sake of work, but having to put in those enormous number of hours in order to keep my chin barely above water with the demands of my job.

But enough whining. I'll find the solution I'm reasonably certain. Or at least hoping. Thank you again everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Wish me luck.

Badger, really sorry to hear that while you are in recovery from a medical incident which could easily have killed you, that you still feel compelled to work for basic items such as "roof over head", "Food", and "Electricity".

Still, sometimes people might be a bit uber cray cray, and sometimes a bit of parody regarding a brief scrap of success in the OR-ALT-COUNT-MVMT, having a bit of success, as well might toss a couple "ALT-COUNT-SNGS" to perhaps take care of your employment contracts, if you are a union member check your contracts.

Don't know your situation personally Badger, although way back in the early '90s met Mike Dewine in person, along with a bunch of environmentalists, roughly 33% DEM, 33% PUB, 33% IND, in what tended to be a Republican "Fixed SD and HD", where the Ohio Republican Party eventually controlled the State & House RD after 2010...

Still, perhaps a time to provide a musical interlude... from a musical artist who tells stories from many years back with an Oregon History.

Brother Man, maybe focus a bit more on your recovery than the money...still likely if me or wife gets hit with massive medicals, while would likely make us homeless once again...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies