So I had a heart attack today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I had a heart attack today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: So I had a heart attack today  (Read 1775 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2022, 07:29:24 PM »

At the risk of attention whoring by bumping this thread, I just want to thank everyone quite sincerely for outpouring of support and well wishes. It was one month ago today - well, yesterday since it's after midnight and that I had my heart attack, I've been doing pretty well. I've been eating much better and have shed a solid 10 lb or so, and want to do another 10 lb. The problem is after the first two weeks the demands of my job took over again and I have not been able to get a good 20 minutes in on the treadmill or walking around the neighborhood as I did for the first two weeks. I need to do it again for the sake of my heart as well as to lose those additional pounds.

But what can I do? I put in a fool 7 hour day today driving 4 hours round trip to visit incarcerated client and meeting with him in the jail library for 3 hours. Last weekend I put in a solid 10 and 1/2 hours on Sunday. The saddest part is it isn't being a workaholic for the sake of work, but having to put in those enormous number of hours in order to keep my chin barely above water with the demands of my job.

But enough whining. I'll find the solution I'm reasonably certain. Or at least hoping. Thank you again everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Wish me luck.

Did you file a special motion to allow your client to post here from jail so your FF ratings can go up?  (Asking for a friend.)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2022, 07:39:40 PM »

At the risk of attention whoring by bumping this thread, I just want to thank everyone quite sincerely for outpouring of support and well wishes. It was one month ago today - well, yesterday since it's after midnight and that I had my heart attack, I've been doing pretty well. I've been eating much better and have shed a solid 10 lb or so, and want to do another 10 lb. The problem is after the first two weeks the demands of my job took over again and I have not been able to get a good 20 minutes in on the treadmill or walking around the neighborhood as I did for the first two weeks. I need to do it again for the sake of my heart as well as to lose those additional pounds.

But what can I do? I put in a fool 7 hour day today driving 4 hours round trip to visit incarcerated client and meeting with him in the jail library for 3 hours. Last weekend I put in a solid 10 and 1/2 hours on Sunday. The saddest part is it isn't being a workaholic for the sake of work, but having to put in those enormous number of hours in order to keep my chin barely above water with the demands of my job.

But enough whining. I'll find the solution I'm reasonably certain. Or at least hoping. Thank you again everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Wish me luck.

Did you file a special motion to allow your client to post here from jail so your FF ratings can go up?  (Asking for a friend.)
My guy, this ain’t the place for it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2022, 07:41:01 PM »

I'm being sarcastic.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2022, 08:55:22 PM »

Badger, really sorry to hear that while you are in recovery from a medical incident which could easily have killed you, that you still feel compelled to work for basic items such as "roof over head", "Food", and "Electricity".

Still, sometimes people might be a bit uber cray cray, and sometimes a bit of parody regarding a brief scrap of success in the OR-ALT-COUNT-MVMT, having a bit of success, as well might toss a couple "ALT-COUNT-SNGS" to perhaps take care of your employment contracts, if you are a union member check your contracts.

Don't know your situation personally Badger, although way back in the early '90s met Mike Dewine in person, along with a bunch of environmentalists, roughly 33% DEM, 33% PUB, 33% IND, in what tended to be a Republican "Fixed SD and HD", where the Ohio Republican Party eventually controlled the State & House RD after 2010...

Still, perhaps a time to provide a musical interlude... from a musical artist who tells stories from many years back with an Oregon History.

Brother Man, maybe focus a bit more on your recovery than the money...still likely if me or wife gets hit with massive medicals, while would likely make us homeless once again...

Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2022, 10:33:17 AM »

Glad to hear you're on the up. I'm not good at the touchy-feely words of support stuff, but I thought of a few thjngs you may find useful.

I don't know how much time you spend at the office, but a standing desk or even a treadmill desk could be worth considering.

Don't feel bad if the next 10 pounds are harder to lose than the first 10 pounds. When gaining or losing weight, the first 5-10 pounds of gain or loss are from water weight and happen very quickly. And even after that, as your weight decreases with every additional lost pound, your metabolic needs decrease, reducing the gap between your daily intake and your daily caloric output. So do not feel bad about each pound feeling harder than the one before it, if that happens.

Good luck!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2022, 11:04:17 AM »

Keep improving, my friend.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »

As I mentioned in my original post, he is now on house arrest rather than jail, thank you very much. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »

I'm being sarcastic.

It's all good, I took it as a joke. And if the risk of violating tos, fuzzy was class enough to send me a PM to make sure I didn't have an objection to the Post, which FTR I don't.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2022, 01:24:07 PM »

I'm being sarcastic.
it's near-impossible to tell through text a lot of the time Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2022, 09:27:11 PM »

It's really frustrating when you don't see your loved ones die, I am not saying it was the fault of nursing home but it was negligence that he died different than on purpose, no one goes into immediate hospice care and they are walking and talking

My brother in law died in a nursing home, my Grandma died in nursing home all due to negligence, and my mom died but she died in palletive care meaning she chose not to die in Hospital

But, if my Grandma died from bed sores from negligence, my DAD died from negligence

In law school you can't sue for negligence against a nursing home unless it's malice, my sister tried it with her hubby it failed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies