Kamala Harris: "Do *what* now?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:56:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kamala Harris: "Do *what* now?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kamala Harris: "Do *what* now?"  (Read 2076 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 11:30:21 AM »

It's really sad the people are not using their brains with the entire situation. Biden and Harris are objectively leveling with people here, in that THEY DO NOT HAVE MUCH THEY CAN DO. I'm sorry that that's an unfortunate fact to people, but they need to get realistic here.

Not just that, but Bash's question removes all context of the situation, and Harris's answer, while blunt, again is correct. People keep acting as if the two of them have the power to do everything and they are just choosing to not do it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »

It's really sad the people are not using their brains with the entire situation. Biden and Harris are objectively leveling with people here, in that THEY DO NOT HAVE MUCH THEY CAN DO. I'm sorry that that's an unfortunate fact to people, but they need to get realistic here.

Not just that, but Bash's question removes all context of the situation, and Harris's answer, while blunt, again is correct. People keep acting as if the two of them have the power to do everything and they are just choosing to not do it.

Not much is better than nothing, and right now they're doing jack sh-t.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 11:34:43 AM »

It's barely been a week, and they've already spoken about what they *can* do and are working on it. Again, people are being incredibly unrealistic about their expectations of what the federal government can do as usual.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 12:23:35 PM »

It's barely been a week, and they've already spoken about what they *can* do and are working on it. Again, people are being incredibly unrealistic about their expectations of what the federal government can do as usual.

It's not like they've had weeks and weeks to plan for the possible and likely ruling, oh wait, they did.

But I also feels Harris has to be careful not to undercut Biden. If she was President I think you'd see a much different tone and actions.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »

She can't help being stupid
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 01:30:19 PM »

The whole entire argument with impeachment--something intensely divisive that DID have the potential to backfire--was "we need to show that we tried" and "we need to have Republicans on record as having voted this way, hold them accountable"

Now that we have an issue where an unelected Republican court has gone against the overwhelming majority opinion of the country, the Dem response is merely 'lets sit on our hands and not try because we can't do anything'

What happened to trying and having public accountability? Was the end game merely "complete Biden's lifetime resume by adding presidency" and now it's just mission accomplished no reason to do anything?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 02:01:30 PM »

Pretty much this. That's the reality of a 50-50 senate and a narrow House majority. If anything, Biden and Harris should be more forceful in explaining their agenda and create public pressure on congress to get more done. And call out Republicans, who are almost entirely unwilling to get common-sense things done.

Of course, some people also argue that the 2020 election as a whole was not a mandate for New Deal/Great Society 2.0 and just a return to normalcy. I'm not here to say this is entirely true, though a valid position to take.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 02:06:36 PM »

The next Democrat nominee.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »

uggggg   Get read for President DeSantis I guess, I don't know if we're ready for <looks it up> an Italian president.  Is there no way Polis can win a Dem primary?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »

uggggg   Get read for President DeSantis I guess, I don't know if we're ready for <looks it up> an Italian president.  Is there no way Polis can win a Dem primary?

Why should women vote for De Santis, a Republican? Women just lost a freedom they enjoyed for 50 years thanks to them. Are we are supposed to vote for the party who did this? Are you crazy?

It's really time for a woman president and Kamala is already the closest person to the position than anyone. Let's see what she's got. Men, get out of the way, you've had the helm long enough.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 04:03:38 PM »

Why should women vote for De Santis, a Republican? Women just lost a freedom they enjoyed for 50 years thanks to them. Are we are supposed to vote for the party who did this? Are you crazy?

It's really time for a woman president and Kamala is already the closest person to the position than anyone. Let's see what she's got. Men, get out of the way, you've had the helm long enough.

Hahahaha the left is so f#cked this decade. Jesus.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »

I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I'm saying if the election is Harris vs DeSantis, Americans are going to elect DeSantis.  I 100% agree that the abortion decision is a BIG win for Dems electorally, I just don't think it's enough to help a bad candidate.

It's really time for a woman president
yep
and Kamala is already the closest person to the position than anyone. Let's see what she's got.
we've been waiting, we haven't seen much and what we have seen, we haven't really liked.  Even the Dems rejected her for these reasons just a few years ago.  She hasn't done anything since.
Men, get out of the way, you've had the helm long enough.
agreed
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »

In no way will the Democratic establishment go with Harris. In 2028, they’ll attempt to get Eric Adams through to save their chances. He’ll underperform as Democrats, especially old black women, don’t like his sort of character but he’ll go through nonetheless as heir apparent.

Our system is inherently screwed, because of structural issues related to our laws and a Democratic party ensuring grassroots movements don’t go anywhere. The lies being presented here will hopefully the next generations to watch out for conmen.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2022, 04:28:03 PM »

It doesn't have to be Harris, but another Trump clone? Jesus, back.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 04:31:30 PM »

It doesn't have to be Harris, but another Trump clone? Jesus, back.

A progressive isn’t getting in and the Democratic bench is hollow, Adams is the candidate most trustworthy and electable according to the donors
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 04:32:33 PM »

Why should women vote for De Santis, a Republican?
Women just lost a freedom they enjoyed for 50 years thanks to them. Are we are supposed to vote for the party who did this? Are you crazy?

I imagine many would simply not vote at all, if they feel it's a choice between somebody who wants to take away their rights and somebody who will do literally nothing about it when it happens.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 05:02:04 PM »

I'm ready for JB. The only way to stop a bad guy with a billion dollars is a good guy with a billion dollars.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 10:25:03 PM »

I'm ready for JB. The only way to stop a bad guy with a billion dollars is a good guy with a billion dollars.

The spirit of Michael Bloomberg's campaign, Howard Schultz's "campaign"...
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2022, 12:17:09 AM »

You can't win presidential elections just by being the better candidate choice for people who are already voting.A huge part of it is getting people who only vote sometimes or have never voted before to show up and vote for you. Hillary Clinton was only able to SOMEWHAT do that because people hated Trump and wanted to make sure he lost. Harris probably won't be able to rely on sometimes-voters and non-voters to show up to vote for her to make sure Trump / DeSantis lose, and even if she can, it's probably not enough. You need to inspire non-political "normies" to show up to vote FOR you, not just people who will strategy vote for you to defeat your opponent. Obama did this. Bernie did this. We need somebody who can do this. That's more important than nominating a woman who's probably going to lose the election.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 12:25:05 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2022, 12:47:29 PM by hermit »

You can't win presidential elections just by being the better candidate choice for people who are already voting.A huge part of it is getting people who only vote sometimes or have never voted before to show up and vote for you. Hillary Clinton was only able to SOMEWHAT do that because people hated Trump and wanted to make sure he lost. Harris probably won't be able to rely on sometimes-voters and non-voters to show up to vote for her to make sure Trump / DeSantis lose, and even if she can, it's probably not enough. You need to inspire non-political "normies" to show up to vote FOR you, not just people who will strategy vote for you to defeat your opponent. Obama did this. Bernie did this. We need somebody who can do this. That's more important than nominating a woman who's probably going to lose the election.

Here's another angle. See, women never forget. They never forget ANY inappropriate sexual things that have been done to them, no matter what age they are. They never forget the slights from society they experience, such as unequal pay for equal work. They will absolutely never forget what Trump said about grabbing the pussy thing. And now with a Freedom having been taken away from them regarding abortion, I believe that women are primed and ready to fight.

Talk about "inspiring non-political 'normies'" to show up to vote, women ARE inspired. And Kamala is a woman. And she is in a prominent political position in our government. In spite of what people here think, many women and girls look up to her.

If anyone is in a position to have influence over women it's Kamala Harris. Many guys might not agree with this but, well....you are entitled to your opinion.

And in my opinion, Kamala is not VP material. She is not shining in that position because she is a born leader, not a follower. Put her in the top spot and watch her find her voice and her power as a woman, and watch her lead this country in the right direction that benefits everyone. At least she will try.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2022, 12:51:42 PM »

Seriously! What don’t people understand about this?

Biden and Harris could be out with organizers, leading and encouraging protests, demonstrating a united front on this issue, encouraging votes to enshrine abortion rights, etc.

Instead they do absolutely nothing. Oh, yeah, Joe the other day finally said something about the filibuster.

They’re shams, figureheads, lame duck transition government before we descend into hell completely. No fight (on ANYthing), no fire in the belly, all intentional.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2022, 12:54:14 PM »

You mean #I'mWithHer 2.0 doesn't sell you on Harris being a good candidate?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2022, 02:06:51 PM »

uggggg   Get read for President DeSantis I guess, I don't know if we're ready for <looks it up> an Italian president.  Is there no way Polis can win a Dem primary?

You mean #I'mWithHer 2.0 doesn't sell you on Harris being a good candidate?

Democrat Brain:

When, after nominating an unpopular white woman for President and somehow losing to a demented reality TV star, you nominate an increasingly unpopular (and very old) white man for President and an even more unpopular black woman for Vice President, only winning because of the horror-comical incompetence of the incumbent Republican President (ie. the demented reality TV star) in response to a global crisis, with no downballot coattails and now a 6-3 conservative Supreme Court - all while continuing to bleed working class voters of all backgrounds n the name of chasing the votes of suburban "respectable" Republicans.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »

uggggg  Get read for President DeSantis Trump I guess

ftfy
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length