how far away are we from
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:55:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  how far away are we from
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: how far away are we from  (Read 1704 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 07:35:53 PM »

We're not just talking about Clarence Thomas. We're talking about the Senate, the House, governorships, other statewide offices, and state legislatures. The lefts' willingness to surrender all of these in what at this rate will soon be over half of the states in the country is absolutely astounding to me. It makes me wonder how much they even care about what they claim to believe in. If you don't even want to win elections, then how can you possibly claim to have any interest in bettering the lives of women or the working class or whatever in this country. You don't have to run Joe Lieberman clones or suddenly stop supporting gay marriage, but you can't campaign on the standard liberal playbook in these states. You have to meet a community's voters where they're at, and then do what you can once you get electing. 

Isn't it more just a function of our unique electoral system. If you continue winning 190 of the 200 largest counties and maybe 25 of the next 50 counties - things should work out. But I do agree that democrats need to find people who are willing to throw bones to the other side. Nebraska has always been more republican/conservative than Iowa and yet they were willing to elect Ben Nelson. Why can't Iowa find there own Ben Nelson to run when Grassley's seat opens up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies