The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread  (Read 13310 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2022, 03:43:15 PM »

Muaddib,
We have a this thread for commentaries 😛
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2022, 12:41:10 AM »

Muaddib,
We have a this thread for commentaries 😛

LOL, Okay I've moved it now.

1937 Australian General Election:
Party/Alliance   Votes (%)   Seats
United Australia Party39% (+6)37 (+13)
Australian Labor Party34% (-9)22 (-16)
National Party17% (+2)14 (+4)
Social Credit Party4% (=)0 (=)
Communist Party1% (-1)0 (=)
Other3%1 (+1)
Total74 Representatives

Incoming Prime Minister:
Billy Hughes (UAP)

Incoming Government:
UAP Majority with Ind Supply and Confidence (1 Seat)
OOC: GO Billy, you Legend!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »

On an another note,
I just want to Say I love this game and I Hope Lumine will be able to continue to Host it 😇
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2022, 03:05:03 PM »

On an another note,
I just want to Say I love this game and I Hope Lumine will be able to continue to Host it 😇

All good things come with time. Lumine is slowly but surely working on the last updates for the endturn. I do agree, though: this is a fantastic game and I hope it can last for a long while. Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2022, 03:32:40 AM »

Gentlemen,

I’ve been able to finish the endturn, now published on its entirety. Beyond that, due to RL issues I just don’t have the required energy right now, so the game is entering suspension.

Should present difficulties be overcome and my energies restored, I shall let you know and see whether we can resume right where we left off, moving into 1938.

In the meantime, thanks so much for playing so actively thus far! It’s been my most successful game thus far, and easily the most engaging for me as a GM, for which I am very grateful.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2022, 05:32:41 AM »

Thank you for everything and please take care of yourself
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2023, 09:20:52 PM »

Gentlemen,

The turn is open.

It will run until midnight (EST) Monday, unless a minor extension is needed. Midturn on Thursday night.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2023, 04:21:18 PM »

Wow, two crisis every day. We're very much a very stable group of players!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2023, 06:35:00 PM »

So RGM is a lawful evil version of Malcolm X. The last time I was so shocked this was when X convinced kingpoleon (sultan of Egypt) to attack the Pope in Rome.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2023, 02:44:54 PM »

Also said this on the Discord, but I'm slowing things down a bit to give people time to breathe and react to everything that's going on. Midturn tomorrow night, headlines but no dramatics, plus update on the war in the Far-East.

End of turn postponed, will inform players when it is depending on how the turn develops. No more events/crisis for the next two days or so, unless it's an invasion.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2023, 03:00:54 PM »

I apologize in advance if I don't answer now. I have exceeded the number of PMs per hour haha
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »

Gentlemen,

RGM has been forced to exit the game after being involved in an accident. I'm sure we all wish him the very best of luck and a speedy recovery. It is my sincere hope that he will be well and, one wishes, back with us soon.

In the meantime, I'm suspending the midturn for tomorrow.

We need to decide to proceed, since Germany is absolutely vital to the game. I am tempted to suspend while RGM recovers, but I also feel this might be unfair pressure to him, and detrimental to the players who have been so engaged this week (proud of you gentlemen). The other option is to recast Germany mid-turn, give the player a day or two to get acquainted with the situation, and move forward.

I look forward to hearing your opinions, and I'll decide after taking them into account.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2023, 01:53:08 PM »

I'd be fine with switching from Abyssinia to Germany, but I think suspending the game is the safer option.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2023, 01:55:31 PM »

If we can find a player who can take over during the midterm, I'm all for it.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2023, 01:56:45 PM »

Agree with DC
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2023, 01:57:21 PM »

If we can find a player who can take over during the midterm, I'm all for it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2023, 01:58:36 PM »

I truly hope RGM will be okay. Hard call, but I'm inclined to the notion of a new player taking over for keeping up momentum.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2023, 02:02:03 PM »

Gentlemen,

RGM has been forced to exit the game after being involved in an accident. I'm sure we all wish him the very best of luck and a speedy recovery. It is my sincere hope that he will be well and, one wishes, back with us soon.

We need to decide to proceed, since Germany is absolutely vital to the game. I am tempted to suspend while RGM recovers, but I also feel this might be unfair pressure to him, and detrimental to the players who have been so engaged this week (proud of you gentlemen). The other option is to recast Germany mid-turn, give the player a day or two to get acquainted with the situation, and move forward.

I look forward to hearing your opinions, and I'll decide after taking them into account.

First of all I wish RGM well and I hope he will return soon.

Why not simply simulating Germany's actions for the beginning of this war?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2023, 02:03:31 PM »

Gentlemen,

Very interesting thought, actually. I'd also be comfortable with this.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2023, 02:19:24 PM »

Because seriously. We all know what is going to happen. A war between France and Germany lol.

Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2023, 02:39:44 PM »

Gentlemen,

I disagree. This is an extremely sensitive time in the game. Even if you're right and war between France and Germany is the likely next step that doesn't mean a Germany is no longer needed. What exactly are the German goals in Czechoslovakia? Are they going to reach out for any allies like Hungary? How will they sell this to potential belligerents like Britain? Will their war plan involve the invasion of neutral countries like Luxembourg or Belgium? These are all questions that could wildly change the scope and outcome of a major European war; they should made by a player.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2023, 02:43:11 PM »

Gentlemen,

I disagree. This is an extremely sensitive time in the game. Even if you're right and war between France and Germany is the likely next step that doesn't mean a Germany is no longer needed. What exactly are the German goals in Czechoslovakia? Are they going to reach out for any allies like Hungary? How will they sell this to potential belligerents like Britain? Will their war plan involve the invasion of neutral countries like Luxembourg or Belgium? These are all questions that could wildly change the scope and outcome of a major European war; they should made by a player.

I understand your point.

In that case I think it is preferable to wait for RGM's return.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2023, 03:02:09 PM »

I can firmly rule out leaving Germany on automatic pilot, too many decisions I don't feel I should be making as GM.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2023, 06:02:35 PM »

Right, so here's where we stand (here and in the Discord):

-X is interested, but needs time to get up to speed and make a final decision.

I'm keeping the turn "paused" in terms of more big events until Sunday. You'll still be able to interact, I'll be answering questions and so on.

Midturn tomorrow - nothing major, just headlines on how things are going - plus just one event I had to leave out yesterday (important, but not game-shattering like Romania or Czechoslovakia).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2023, 10:44:11 PM »

Gentlemen,

Midturn up. X will join us as Germany (Chancellor Hugenberg).

The game is re-opened, let me know if there are questions I failed to answer. We resume as normal, but about to enter WW2 mode once another great power enters the present conflicts. I will let you know when that happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies