The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:19:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Raging Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread  (Read 14088 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2022, 11:23:09 PM »

I've played a couple games like this before; on and off Atlas, albeit I've never had the time to seriously committ to a large role, which I apologize for... Are there any small roles / nations who are wanted but wouldn't require a ton of time?

Don't suppose I could play Australia / Jack Lang?

That would be fine, it would certainly flesh out the Commonweath since we also have Canada and South Africa.

To clarify, you want a Lang-led Australia, yes? If so I could arrange - to minimize butterflies - an alt 1934 election for tomorrow's midturn that a Lang-led Labor wins, unless you have something else in mind.

Yep. I think it would be an interesting alt-history path for Australia during this time given Lang was quite the character.

That would be awesome, thanks! I'll start getting caught up in the mean time.

No problem! After the update tomorrow I'll edit in the turn crisis for Australia (one) and stats, and you can start.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 09:37:40 PM »

Midturn up, Australia added to turn. The turn ends on Friday night, but I've been asked for an extension to Monday. Leaving it open to discussion - here and in Discord - in case there are exceptions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »

Turn extended to Monday at midnight. Expect additional events - leaving aside player actions resulting in new ones - on Friday to compensate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2022, 05:55:31 AM »

Events are up. These were meant for Friday, but RL stood in the way.

I'm leaving the end of turn for Wednesday to give time to react, war ban starts on Tuesday night.

On a separate basis, I just wanted to let players know I will be ignoring all orders that mention the issue of nuclear weapons. It would be extremely ahistorical for a government to start work on that - or even be aware of the issue - at this point in the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »

I would like to try playing as Romania. If I am not too late.

Welcome! I'll add you in the next turn (1935), later this week.

Dereich will also be joining then as Spain.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2022, 06:05:42 AM »

Turn is over, will start calculating and writing the end of turn.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2022, 09:28:17 PM »

Turn is (finally) open! It will run until Thursday 11th at midnight. Midturn coming on Sunday.

We have 18 players now, so I don't doubt I missed something out there. Let me know if that's the case.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2022, 11:55:44 AM »

I'm puzzled by what RGM has put up in the LoN thread. The Soviet Union is not a part of the LoN and thus, the LoN has no authority to investigate anything happening inside the Soviet Union. Unless he wants to declare war, that is.

Actually it looks like it was achieved on turn two, thanks to primarily to French support Wink

The PM also made further inroads with the French left after supporting the Soviet Union’s attempt to attain membership of the League of Nations, a goal that was finally achieved near the end of the year.

Indeed. The Soviet Union is now a member of the LON.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2022, 08:34:14 PM »

Missed an important PM - my bad, I've recieved a lot this turn and missed some details - so I'm extending the turn for a single day (to tomorrow midnight) as I reply to allow for some time to react. As I said on the Discord, most players have sent their orders, but there are a few yet to do so.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2022, 07:11:56 AM »

Turn is over.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2022, 03:39:57 AM »

End of 1935 posted. Will start work on 1936, ideally to start the turn on Thursday.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2022, 01:17:07 AM »

Turn Four is open. Apologies it took this long, I lost the original turn when my computer had a technical issue and I was... not happy about it. Left two mini-games to compensate: the vote on the 1940 Olympics, and a partial vote on the 1936 GOP nominee.

Turn runs until Wednesday 31st, midturn comes on Saturday.

Have fun!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2022, 05:23:15 PM »

What I posted is only half the end turn, having formatting issues with the rest. What's left will be up today as well though, then I'll address the game over and new players issue.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2022, 04:30:19 AM »

Right, now we're done. Sorry it took a few days, but it was 9k words (!) of an end turn. Congratulations to all! You've been this simulation very engaging thus far.

The United States, the Soviet Union, the British Empire and Czechoslovakia all had game overs. I strongly encourage their players to remain in the game - ideally as a different nation -, with current players (then new ones) having priority to claim the newly available nations.

Carolyn will also be joining us as Zhang Xueliang.

Next turn might start around Wednesday, as soon as we have at least the UK and USSR covered.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2022, 02:49:48 PM »

Barring any further requests by midnight today, tentatively granting GoTfan the UK, S019 the US, and JacksonHitchcock the Soviet Union.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »

Gentlemen, the turn is open. 1937 will run until September 26th (Monday), with the mid-turn potentially on Thursday.

I do apologize for the delays, but as I pointed out on the Discord, I have been feeling demoralized lately due to RL, and couldn't really muster the energy required. I do hope the turn will prove enjoyable.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2022, 01:59:06 PM »

Forgot to post here as well, turn was extended upon request for 24 hours to the 27th (Tuesday).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2022, 11:40:09 AM »

Turn is closed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2022, 03:17:09 PM »

As I explained on the Discord, I've been having some morale issues lately (RL), so the writing is going slow. Still making progress, just slowly.

I published a preview yesterday there, upon some valuable advice I'll be posting the end turn events on the Gameplay Thread as I finish them, should post the first three in a couple of minutes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2022, 03:32:40 AM »

Gentlemen,

I’ve been able to finish the endturn, now published on its entirety. Beyond that, due to RL issues I just don’t have the required energy right now, so the game is entering suspension.

Should present difficulties be overcome and my energies restored, I shall let you know and see whether we can resume right where we left off, moving into 1938.

In the meantime, thanks so much for playing so actively thus far! It’s been my most successful game thus far, and easily the most engaging for me as a GM, for which I am very grateful.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2023, 09:20:52 PM »

Gentlemen,

The turn is open.

It will run until midnight (EST) Monday, unless a minor extension is needed. Midturn on Thursday night.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2023, 02:44:54 PM »

Also said this on the Discord, but I'm slowing things down a bit to give people time to breathe and react to everything that's going on. Midturn tomorrow night, headlines but no dramatics, plus update on the war in the Far-East.

End of turn postponed, will inform players when it is depending on how the turn develops. No more events/crisis for the next two days or so, unless it's an invasion.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »

Gentlemen,

RGM has been forced to exit the game after being involved in an accident. I'm sure we all wish him the very best of luck and a speedy recovery. It is my sincere hope that he will be well and, one wishes, back with us soon.

In the meantime, I'm suspending the midturn for tomorrow.

We need to decide to proceed, since Germany is absolutely vital to the game. I am tempted to suspend while RGM recovers, but I also feel this might be unfair pressure to him, and detrimental to the players who have been so engaged this week (proud of you gentlemen). The other option is to recast Germany mid-turn, give the player a day or two to get acquainted with the situation, and move forward.

I look forward to hearing your opinions, and I'll decide after taking them into account.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2023, 03:02:09 PM »

I can firmly rule out leaving Germany on automatic pilot, too many decisions I don't feel I should be making as GM.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2023, 06:02:35 PM »

Right, so here's where we stand (here and in the Discord):

-X is interested, but needs time to get up to speed and make a final decision.

I'm keeping the turn "paused" in terms of more big events until Sunday. You'll still be able to interact, I'll be answering questions and so on.

Midturn tomorrow - nothing major, just headlines on how things are going - plus just one event I had to leave out yesterday (important, but not game-shattering like Romania or Czechoslovakia).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies