Hoh on the Ballot: Green party celebratory thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hoh on the Ballot: Green party celebratory thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hoh on the Ballot: Green party celebratory thread  (Read 2177 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2022, 01:43:47 PM »
« edited: August 01, 2022, 02:54:08 PM by Spoiled »

https://ballot-access.org/2022/06/27/signers-of-north-carolina-green-petition-are-getting-multiple-text-messages-from-democratic-party-operatives/
Yet, the State Board of Elections has apparently furnished the list to the Democratic Party group.
One text says, “If the Green Party is on the ballot in 2022 and 2024, it will take votes away from the Democrats, giving Republicans a huge advantage that will help them win North Carolina in 2022 and 2024.”

Some of the phone calls claim the Green Party itself is calling.

Democracy and voter choice isn’t prioritized by either party. Shameful given that in these competitive midterms third party support is often negligible and usually done by people who would not vote for either party. What are the democrats afraid of by allowing voters another option?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 02:14:04 PM »

The Green Party really is delusional
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:15:33 PM »

US Senate candidate to represent the people of North Carolina. Green Party.

Wow sounds like an unbiased individual to me.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 02:21:09 PM »

US Senate candidate to represent the people of North Carolina. Green Party.

Wow sounds like an unbiased individual to me.
Various people have already gotten this message and from the tricks done these past few years, this isn’t exactly not in their alley to get the greens off the ballot.

I mean who else would announce this but the person most affected by this ratf•••ing
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 02:35:21 PM »

VoTe DeMoCrAt To SaVe DeMoCrAcY!
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »

This isn't a "trick". They're flat out asking if the person wants to do that and can only take action with their permission.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 04:51:23 PM »

Unironically yes.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 04:54:50 PM »

This isn't a "trick". They're flat out asking if the person wants to do that and can only take action with their permission.
They’re pretending to be the Green Party while doing some of the calls, that’s excessive trickery.

I’ve seen how they’re working the Jan 6th coup and their track record on civil liberties, they aren’t protecting our system from Republican onslaught.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 05:01:28 PM »

Hopefully the Democrats keep up the good work
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 05:01:38 PM »

Seems like we need to expand IRV everywhere to help mitigate the threat of spoiler candidates.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 05:08:36 PM »

They’re pretending to be the Green Party while doing some of the calls, that’s excessive trickery.
Cite? And proof that this is illegal?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 05:51:06 PM »

BAN and the numerous Hoh supporters getting calls. It ain’t illegal but still a ratf•••, don’t deny it.

You want to set the precedent for Republicans to pull the same stunt and go through all sorts of tricks to get your preferred candidate off the ballot?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 06:04:12 PM »

BAN and the numerous Hoh supporters getting calls. It ain’t illegal but still a ratf•••, don’t deny it.

Then:

You want to set the precedent for Republicans to pull the same stunt and go through all sorts of tricks to get your preferred candidate off the ballot?
They're welcome to try, but don't be shocked when it doesn't work.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2022, 06:06:22 PM »

Unlike Get Republicans Elected Every November party voters, I don’t waste my vote.  So no, I’m not worried about Republicans doing this
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 08:26:32 PM »

Yes, the Republican Party is famous for caring about precedents and norms.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 08:31:21 PM »

You don’t need a candidate on the ballot to leave it blank. Which is identical to voting green.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 09:25:14 PM »

You don’t need a candidate on the ballot to leave it blank. Which is identical to voting green.
The analogy doesn’t work, this is tantamount to taking away abstaining from voting.
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 09:54:54 PM »

How kind of them! Because we were all taught in civics class that when you sign a petition, you should be prepared for some faceless political committee to just wipe your name from it if they don't agree with the petition. North Carolina Democrats are kind enough to ask you if they can wipe your name, because they just love democracy that much!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 09:55:41 PM »

How kind of them! Because we were all taught in civics class that when you sign a petition, you should be prepared for some faceless political committee to just wipe your name from it if they don't agree with the petition. North Carolina Democrats are kind enough to ask you if they can wipe your name, because they just love democracy that much!
So when they ask don't say no and it won't happen. Where's the problem?
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2022, 10:08:25 PM »

Nothing! Like I said, every time I sign a petition, I expect a faceless political committee to weigh in on whether I meant to sign what I signed. This group goes the extra mile and does the favor of asking me, "hey, your signature is on this, did you sign it, and did you mean to sign it?" As I always say, democracy is best when faceless political committees lend a helping hand and chaperone your participation, just to make sure everything's going all right!
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 10:30:31 PM »

Nothing! Like I said, every time I sign a petition, I expect a faceless political committee to weigh in on whether I meant to sign what I signed. This group goes the extra mile and does the favor of asking me, "hey, your signature is on this, did you sign it, and did you mean to sign it?" As I always say, democracy is best when faceless political committees lend a helping hand and chaperone your participation, just to make sure everything's going all right!

...so there’s no actual problem. Got it!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2022, 10:03:10 AM »

I noticed that PSOL never really gets the response he wants in his Green Party threads.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2022, 12:34:06 PM »

It may be legal, but I don't like it.  Unfortunately, it makes sense from the standpoint of wanting the Democrats to win, but I'd much prefer Democrats trying to defeat Greens by winning over their voters on policy.

I also have to wonder what people would say if this was the NRSC asking voters that had signed a petition to get a Democrat on a ballot if they really meant to sign the petition.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2022, 04:06:36 PM »

I noticed that PSOL never really gets the response he wants in his Green Party threads.
These are actually the responses I expect, I make them to expose the hypocrisy for the few ready to listen and see reality and for this to be a painful reminder from the past several years when Democrats do get screwed over.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2022, 11:34:08 PM »

Unlike Get Republicans Elected Every November party voters, I don’t waste my vote.  So no, I’m not worried about Republicans doing this

And besides, the Republicans have attempted this in the past regarding libertarian candidates in places like Montana.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies