Trump (deceased)/Mastriano (R) vs Harris/Cooper (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump (deceased)/Mastriano (R) vs Harris/Cooper (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump (deceased)/Mastriano (R) vs Harris/Cooper (D)  (Read 604 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »

Donald Trump (deceased)/Doug Mastriano (R) vs Kamala Harris/Roy Cooper (D). What would this matchup be like if Trump dies from an illness a day before the election?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 08:11:39 AM »

There would be a decent amount of last minute sympathy votes, but at the end of the day, I can't see enough centrist swing voters casting their ballots for what would de facto be Mastriano for President just because his running mate died of natural causes at 78.

I'd be concerned as to how the aftermath of this hypothetical election would unfold, especially if it's as close as my prediction. The combination of Trump dying the literal day before the election, sympathy voting being almost exclusively in-person resulting in an even bigger 'red mirage' than 2020, and the de facto GOP candidate being Mastriano seems like the perfect set up for widespread conspiracy theories.

This map but the result in North Carolina would be overturned given Roy Cooper would no longer be the governor of North Carolina while North Carolina due to 2022 would have a republican state trifecta. They would follow Mastriano's wishes to overturn the election because the election went on with irregularities due to Donald Trump's death, and eventually declare Mastriano the winner of North Carolina and give the electoral votes to the newly elected president Doug Mastriano.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 01:05:17 PM »

There would be a decent amount of last minute sympathy votes, but at the end of the day, I can't see enough centrist swing voters casting their ballots for what would de facto be Mastriano for President just because his running mate died of natural causes at 78.

I'd be concerned as to how the aftermath of this hypothetical election would unfold, especially if it's as close as my prediction. The combination of Trump dying the literal day before the election, sympathy voting being almost exclusively in-person resulting in an even bigger 'red mirage' than 2020, and the de facto GOP candidate being Mastriano seems like the perfect set up for widespread conspiracy theories.
Who are the Kamala Harris voters who respect Trump enough to give his ticket a sympathy vote after his death?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies