G7 Summit in Bavaria
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  G7 Summit in Bavaria
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: G7 Summit in Bavaria  (Read 590 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2022, 01:48:13 PM »

First decisions announced sound pretty good so far; apparently it was also made fun of Putin.

Also, welcome to Germany, President Biden!

CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 05:10:16 AM »

Scholz could do with a boost tbh.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 01:11:32 PM »

Did Biden not get the white shirts memo?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 01:02:04 PM »

Do you know which part of the G7 summit in Elmau made the most headlines?

During the official reception of the guests of state at Franz Josef Strauß Airport, Bavarian Governor and Chancellor-of-hearts (yeah, sorry, PUTP) Markus Söder presented Bavarian natives dressed in Tracht, while a brass music ensemble was playing traditional Bavarian march music. Germany's left-wing media was outraged by the pompous ostentation of Bavarian local patriotism, and Söder experienced sheer malice from the German Twitter Antifa for his funny, memorable idea.

King Söder, being infamous for his subtle side blows, replied in his usual manner, proposing that, at the next G7 summit expected to be held in Germany in seven years, shanty choirs be invited, in reference to the 2017 G20 summit hosted in Hamburg, when then-Mayor Olaf Scholz totally and utterly failed to bring the unrestrained terrorist outrage under control, perpetrated by the brutal and aggressive Antifa that managed to conquer almost the whole city proper for the time being.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 04:13:41 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 08:58:59 PM by Middle-aged Europe »

Anti-globalization protest turnout was rather underwhelming this time around actually, with numbers far below what even the organizers had expected and hoped for. Analysts/commentators largely atttributed it to, well, you could almost call a rally around the flag effect, I guess. In other words, these are not the times to protest the establishment because the establishment is saving your butt from the Russkies. And you know, with the Russkies being fascists as opposed to Marxists this time around this kind of cools the left down a bit... except for the hardcore Wagenknechtians at the far end of the horseshoe of course.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 07:55:03 AM »

This BRI imitation scheme sounds like mostly vaporware.  It seems to counter the PRC in the area of infrastructure it would make sense to build up the G7 core infrastructure capabilities since that is the type of thing emerging economies in the world would need the most right now.  Green energy would not be a priority for them unless the G7 would subsidize it but this G7 plan does not seem to have any budget attached to it but instead seem to count on the private sector who I am sure would want to make a profit which would price them out of most emerging economies that the G7 want to counter PRC in.   It seems to truly counter the PRC the G7 should focus on increasing its domestic infrastructure abilities to alter the balance in the charts below before trying to counter the PRC in emerging economies in terms of infrastructure.

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 11:30:19 AM »

And you know, with the Russkies being fascists as opposed to Marxists this time around this kind of cools the left down a bit... except for the hardcore Wagenknechtians at the far end of the horseshoe of course.

Your Antifa comrade PUTP, who used to insult Wagenknecht regularly while calling me a misogynist for my contempt for ACAB (while she herself held up the female victims of Cologne to ridicule), but now shares the exact Wagenknechtian stances on the Russian-Ukrainian war, negated the existence of the horseshoe theory and called me a Putin troll for bringing it into play.

BTW, you know exactly why the protests of the Antifa terrorist groups turned out so exceedingly poorly, even though Green-allied groups appealed to far-left extremists to crash the summit, which happened to take place on top of a mountain.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 01:59:44 PM »

And you know, with the Russkies being fascists as opposed to Marxists this time around this kind of cools the left down a bit... except for the hardcore Wagenknechtians at the far end of the horseshoe of course.

Your Antifa comrade PUTP, who used to insult Wagenknecht regularly while calling me a misogynist for my contempt for ACAB (while she herself held up the female victims of Cologne to ridicule), but now shares the exact Wagenknechtian stances on the Russian-Ukrainian war, negated the existence of the horseshoe theory and called me a Putin troll for bringing it into play.

BTW, you know exactly why the protests of the Antifa terrorist groups turned out so exceedingly poorly, even though Green-allied groups appealed to far-left extremists to crash the summit, which happened to take place on top of a mountain.

I don't have the slightest idea what the hell you are talking about, and neither do I care. What I do care about is that I recall sending you a PM in which I had specifically told you to just leave me alone. So, do you have a reading problem or do you have a comprehension problem?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 02:41:55 PM »

This BRI imitation scheme sounds like mostly vaporware.  It seems to counter the PRC in the area of infrastructure it would make sense to build up the G7 core infrastructure capabilities since that is the type of thing emerging economies in the world would need the most right now.  Green energy would not be a priority for them unless the G7 would subsidize it but this G7 plan does not seem to have any budget attached to it but instead seem to count on the private sector who I am sure would want to make a profit which would price them out of most emerging economies that the G7 want to counter PRC in.   It seems to truly counter the PRC the G7 should focus on increasing its domestic infrastructure abilities to alter the balance in the charts below before trying to counter the PRC in emerging economies in terms of infrastructure.

Remember when the Chinese caused a nation-wide famine that killed millions to beat everyone else in steel production?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 02:51:41 PM »

Remember when the Chinese caused a nation-wide famine that killed millions to beat everyone else in steel production?

Of course, I do.  And that shows how much the PRC has come.  Back in 1959-1960 despite having everyone produce steel at the expense of everything and causing a famine along the way the PRC steel production in 1959-1960 still ended up lower than Italy.  Now the PRC produces over 50% of the world's steel while having a calorie intake about the same as New Zealand.

Of course in this case the PRC steel and cement production surge speaks more about the level of constriction going on there.  Some of it I am sure is excessive but such is the rate of economic change that people will overproduce in anticipation of demands that might not show up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies