Fox News Is Reportedly Poised To Kick Trump To The Curb And Go All In On Pumping Up Ron DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Fox News Is Reportedly Poised To Kick Trump To The Curb And Go All In On Pumping Up Ron DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fox News Is Reportedly Poised To Kick Trump To The Curb And Go All In On Pumping Up Ron DeSantis  (Read 1655 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2022, 03:53:39 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2022, 06:57:46 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

https://uproxx.com/viral/fox-news-dumps-trump-for-ron-desantis/

As more damning evidence of Donald Trump’s attempts to overthrow the 2020 Presidential Election emerges from the Jan. 6th hearings, some of his biggest supporters seem to be jumping ship.

The latest MAGA turncoat seems to be Rupert Murdoch, the media tycoon who owns everything from The Wall Street Journal and The New York Post to Trump’s former favorite TV channel, Fox News. Murdoch was instrumental in Trump’s rise to power but it sounds like even he can see the writing on the wall when it comes to Trump’s political demise once the House Oversight Committee’s investigation is finished. According to a Vanity Fair piece, Murdoch-employed talking heads like Piers Morgan — once a staunch supporter of Trump — have been given the freedom to turn on the twice-impeached president and encouraged to back a new horse in the race to take back the White House: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Remainder of article snipped by Mod - copyright

Maybe this has something to do with why Trump recently attacked both Fox News and Bill Maher, who suggested DeSantis could replace him as the GOP's darling.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 04:12:13 PM »

Trump is old news anyways
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 09:01:48 PM »

Trump isn’t going to win this war.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 09:35:49 PM »

Grabs popcorn
Medal506
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »

Hope they do. I could see Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and possibly Mark Levin backing DeSantis over Trump. Hannity on the other hand is a Trump shill.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 10:17:51 PM »

Ron DeSantis can’t win an election. He has all the charisma of Al Gore. Hes a natural born loser at the national level
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 12:29:14 AM »

Hope they do. I could see Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and possibly Mark Levin backing DeSantis over Trump. Hannity on the other hand is a Trump shill.

I think Carlson is the single least likely to back DeSantis pre-nomination.  DeSantis is way too libertarian for him.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 03:31:16 AM »

Seems perfectly plausible to me, DeSantis is far more likely to win a GE than Trump - and is markedly less insane so is more likely to get stuff done that Republicans want. A long way to go before it happens, but I’ve always suspected that eventually the GOP would realise they don’t really need Trump.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 07:17:56 AM »

A recent Politico report also said GOP donors are turning against him. Good.
Trump ran best in 2015/16 when FOX, the donors and the GOP establishment was against him. In 2020 the corrupt conservative elite influenced him too much, hopefully in 2024 he's a lone wolf again.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 12:52:40 PM »

I'll believe this when I see it.

In the long and medium term, ditching Trump will be good for the GOP's electoral prospects (I've been saying this for years). But in the short term, unless Trump is dead (literally or politically) he will retain the ability to cost the GOP close elections, very likely including the White House in 2024.

I believe that it will be far easier for the GOP to bribe Trump than destroy him politically. (He's a fake billionaire, and it won' that hard to buy him out. A promise of a steady stream of grift and payoff, plus a promised pardon from the next GOP president will probably do it, so long as they can come up with something that salves his ego and lets him save face.) Or maybe they quietly tried that, and he turned them down, in which case trying to drop him out of the picture is probably their best path. I wouldn't care to wager on it working, though. (Hopefully they destroy each other.)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »

Trump isn’t going to win this war.

He beat them once.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2022, 03:33:56 PM »

Trump completed the Holy Grail of conservative policy. How do you compete with that when you are a Marionette.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2022, 03:40:43 PM »

SCOTUS overturning Roe handed Trump the 2024 GOP Nomination on a Silver Plate! Trump will be the Nominee.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »

Which is no guarantee that he'll do it again.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »

Somehow, Trump is at his best when he has less institutional support. Otherwise he gets lazy.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 06:22:53 PM »

Trump is the only Republican who could potentially lose 2024, at this point.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2022, 09:40:34 PM »

If Trump chooses to run for the PUB-PRES 2024 NOM, he will likely win it in a heartbeat, regardless of any PUB opposition in the wings.

Trump has the current PUB Party running them like the "Balls in the Vicegrips", and any all all dissidence within the party will be liquidated, while the overwhelming majority of the "base" supports their Fuhrer.

I really honestly and hopefully wish this would not be the case, but also totally understand why so many Republican voters felt betrayed by "free-trade" agreements, elective imperialist wars overseas (Iraq and Afghanistan), and really why they ride their pickup trucks with their Trump 2020 flags, and somehow feel like this dude is actually a "different" kind of PUB.

Unless Trump chooses not to run in 2024, he will be the PUB candidate for POTUS regardless of whatever some commentators on Fox News choose to say.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 11:44:14 PM »

Somehow, Trump is at his best when he has less institutional support. Otherwise he gets lazy.

You miss one key point: a decent chunk of Trump's win was because he could position himself as an outside, untainted by Washington corruption.

He can't do that anymore. He has the stain on him.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:13 AM »

You miss one key point: a decent chunk of Trump's win was because he could position himself as an outside, untainted by Washington corruption.

I don't think that's necessarily true. If enough of Washington/the establishment is against him, he can feasibly portray himself as an outsider.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2022, 01:41:31 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2022, 03:41:01 AM by DaleCooper »

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. It's not because of January 6th, though, that's for sure. It's just that DeSantis is generally a better candidate for the right. He can run for reelection, he doesn't act like a mentally disabled person, he's much less disgusting, he'll be less likely to have a bad midterm, he'll come into the White House with bigger majorities.

The problem is that if Fox doesn't play their cards right and do this delicately, they'll end up risking their audience which still has a lot of Trump worshippers in it, and of course if they're too blatant with DeSantis they run the risk of big repercussions if Trump wins.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 06:22:40 AM »

I'd really like it a lot if Fox would do some extensive reporting of the crazy/absurd things Trump was saying on January 2nd and 4th of 2021. Specifically, Trump said that he "won every single state," and that Trump even said, on the 4th, that Fox News had somehow, some way, reported that Trump did not win ONE state.

In this audio tape, go to approximately 7:20 and listen for about 20 seconds.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html

Then in this video, go to approximately 1:17:00 and listen/watch for about 20 seconds. In this clip he seemed to have literally accused Fox News of reporting that he did not win any states at all.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?507634-1/president-trump-campaigns-republican-senate-candidates-georgia
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 08:37:57 AM »

I'd really like it a lot if Fox would do some extensive reporting of the crazy/absurd things Trump was saying on January 2nd and 4th of 2021. Specifically, Trump said that he "won every single state," and that Trump even said, on the 4th, that Fox News had somehow, some way, reported that Trump did not win ONE state.

In this audio tape, go to approximately 7:20 and listen for about 20 seconds.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html

Then in this video, go to approximately 1:17:00 and listen/watch for about 20 seconds. In this clip he seemed to have literally accused Fox News of reporting that he did not win any states at all.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?507634-1/president-trump-campaigns-republican-senate-candidates-georgia

Was he talking specifically about swing states (claiming he really won them all but they reported he didn’t)? That’s the only non-completely insane, even by Trump standards, way I can think of this.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2022, 08:43:24 AM »

I don't think that's necessarily true. If enough of Washington/the establishment is against him, he can feasibly portray himself as an outsider.

Yup, other/previous candidates were also seen as outsider although they were in public office already. Even Sanders was seen as such, although he has been in congress since 1991. Of course it didn't work out for him twice, Trump though could again run as the outsider. The big question is just whether there's enough appetite for that after voters already fired him from the job once.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2022, 09:15:55 AM »

Ahhh, now this is a shady, back room agreement that I can get behind.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 10:04:41 AM »

I will believe it when I see it, but I will LOVE it if I see it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies