🇳🇴 Shooting at Oslo gay bar leaves at least two people dead ahead of Pride parade (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:30:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇳🇴 Shooting at Oslo gay bar leaves at least two people dead ahead of Pride parade (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇳🇴 Shooting at Oslo gay bar leaves at least two people dead ahead of Pride parade  (Read 1400 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: June 25, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »

Well, some of us are old enough to recall when the European far right and Islamists made common cause. And yes, that could easily happen again.

Maybe in UK, Albania and Turkey, but in the rest of Europe it’s not going to happen.

Alain Soral and Dieudonné's thing in France is a stand out example of it right now. Uniting white identitarians and islamists over their joint hatred of the jews.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 02:54:05 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2022, 02:58:09 PM by parochial boy »

I'm a little bit confused by that source to be honest. It is supposedly about mass public shootings, and then lists two attacks in Switzerland - one of which was a domestic affair. A tragedy yes, but not a public shooting.

In then goes on to list of total of 25 attacks in the US during the period 2009-15. Whereas Wiki suggests 23 attacks with at least 4 victims in 2022 alone.

I mean obviously I don't know the context of the attacks and whatever, but re-reading their definition as "Mass public shootings – defined as four or more people killed in a public place, and not in the course of committing another crime, and not involving struggles over sovereignty." I can't help but think there is - to put it the most kindly - more than a little bit of cherry picking going on here. That and some straight out instances of not actually comparing like to like.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies