WI-GOV (Marquette): Evers leads all opponents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI-GOV (Marquette): Evers leads all opponents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WI-GOV (Marquette): Evers leads all opponents  (Read 1612 times)
Unelectable Bystander
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2022, 11:39:54 AM »

This is a poll of registered voters, not likely voters, and is therefore trash.

Translation: "It's trash because I don't like it."

It's a bit early for LV polls since there are 5 months left. That said, polling has been flawed in recent cycles and underestimated GOP support, especially in states like WI, so I'm not saying Evers is a shoe-in for reelection. It's a tossup.

Do you not see this being a problem with engagement being far higher for R’s than D’s? You gov had the generic ballot being consistently D +2-3 and now that they started screening for likely voters it’s R+4
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2022, 11:40:51 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2022, 11:45:00 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It's a bit early for LV polls since there are 5 months left. That said, polling has been flawed in recent cycles and underestimated GOP support, especially in states like WI, so I'm not saying Evers is a shoe-in for reelection. It's a tossup.

Do you not see this being a problem with engagement being far higher for R’s than D’s? You gov had the generic ballot being consistently D +2-3 and now that they started screening for likely voters it’s R+4

Lol, every other week the GCB flips from R to D I won't believe the GCB until October

Morning Consult just had D's ahead and then Rassy still has Rs plus 8

Do you know it's not based on GCB it's based on Turnout guess what the Turnout was in 2010/2014 95M votes since 2014, it's been 65/60M and in 2020 it was 80/75M if you go on Election results since 2006 except for R wave yrs D's have averaged 65/60M over Rs that means 303 which Obama won over Romney in 2012 AZ, NV, PA, WI, GA and MI and CO and VA
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2022, 11:50:39 AM »

Press X to doubt. Wisconsin polling is notorious for underestimating Republicans. That being said, hopefully Kleefisch isn't the nominee.

The burden is on people who believe this poll to show who all these Trump 2020/dem 2022 voters are?

Maybe the same as the Dem 2018/Trump 2020 voters? I mean Baldwin won by 10 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2022, 11:53:16 AM »

Just follow the 2012 results 65/60M, we are gonna get close to that with 300M people 303 AZ, VA, CO, WI, MI and PA, you won't go wrong. I want wave insurance seats so badly that's why I make nut maps, it's a blog and we can make our prediction whatever way we want

I know it's a 303 map but it's a 538 map too not just 303
TheFonz
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »

Not at all. Evers may well be up, and I'm not particularly invested in this race. It's trash because RV polls are trash. In 2020, a presidential election year, and in fact the one with the highest turnout in modern history, around 60% of registered voters actually voted. That number will be far lower in an off-year election. RV polls are trash because they sample a group of people of whom over half are unlikely to actually cast ballots.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2022, 12:28:50 PM »

Not buying this yet, though similar to the Senate race, I don’t think this will end up being a particularly lopsided win for Republicans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2022, 12:39:36 PM »

Not at all. Evers may well be up, and I'm not particularly invested in this race. It's trash because RV polls are trash. In 2020, a presidential election year, and in fact the one with the highest turnout in modern history, around 60% of registered voters actually voted. That number will be far lower in an off-year election. RV polls are trash because they sample a group of people of whom over half are unlikely to actually cast ballots.

It's not trash because the states that have Rs ahead in like in MI and NY and the 33%QU polls that had Biden Approvals are RV too
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2022, 12:40:58 PM »

Not buying this yet, though similar to the Senate race, I don’t think this will end up being a particularly lopsided win for Republicans.

Do you know Ron Johnson isn't at 60% Approvals he is underwater like Toomey is at 37%, he is going to Lose, why do you think Toomey retired he has underwater Approvals like Johnson

Users rate Johnson chance overrated he is underwater
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies