Rate Trump vs DeSantis primary, with partisanship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rate Trump vs DeSantis primary, with partisanship
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is more likely to win the 2024 R primary?
Trump, D/D leaner

DeSantis, D/D leaner

Not sure, D/D leaner

Trump, R/R leaner

DeSantis, R/R leaner

Not sure, R/R leaner

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Rate Trump vs DeSantis primary, with partisanship  (Read 600 times)
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:42:33 AM »

My guess is more D leaners would say Trump, and more R leaners would say DeSantis.

My own rating is lean DeSantis.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 05:49:17 AM »

Safe Trump lol
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 09:21:56 AM »

Look at this clip. The bad delivery, the forced laughs of the donors in the background, corny, pure fake.
I read the recent New Yorker profile on DeSantis, he's a hard-worker who will do anything to get what he wants. If he decides to run against Trump he will try his hardest to basically impersonate him, but he can't do it right. He has no charisma, he can't rile up a crowd or entertain anyone, he comes off as more of a smug prick than anything.
Trump is a natural, he doesn't have to pretend. Even if he's half-senile, voters can tell he's not faking his entire personality. He's genuinely funny and entertaining. I don't see any way in hell Trump can lose to DeSantis.
Archive this post, preserve it in any way you want but DeSantis will not beat Trump.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:51:34 AM »

Still Trump, though my confidence has declined. Primary results, among other things, suggest that Trump's grip over the party may very well evaporate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 10:18:02 AM »

Lean Trump meaning Trump would be favored but it’s a very winnable primary for DeSantis . Also national polls don’t matter as much as the polls in the early states cause if DeSantis  for example is able to win NH like a recent poll says then Trump is in real trouble cause DeSantis would probably win SC as well then and get real momentum in the race .

Primaries are all about momentum so national polls are meaningless
Medal506
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:27:18 PM »

DeSantis has a shot but I would probably compare the 2024 GOP primary to the 2016 Democratic primary.

Trump would be the Hillary Clinton of the race, DeSantis would be the Bernie Sanders of the race, Hogan would be the Jim Webb of the race, and Cruz would be the Martin O’Malley of the race
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 01:05:03 PM »

The polls suggested Trump would lose the primary in 2016 by a larger margin than the recent polls. I'd say safe Trump until the polls fall below 30%, then I'll have to reevaluate.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 01:21:01 PM »

The polls suggested Trump would lose the primary in 2016 by a larger margin than the recent polls. I'd say safe Trump until the polls fall below 30%, then I'll have to reevaluate.

If the polls go below 30% for Trump he’s finished.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 01:57:12 PM »

As soon as he announces, all these fakers pretending to be frustrated with Trump will quickly and vocally rejoin the cult.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 02:01:13 PM »

Safe Trump.

Once he actually starts hitting the ground and makes attacks, DeSantis would probably drop out before a single ballot is cast.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 02:03:23 PM »

Lean DeSantis if they are the only 2 serious contenders, Lean Trump if it's a more fragmented field and he can win with a plurality of the vote. 
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 02:29:59 PM »

It’s definitely not as much of a walkover for Trump as it looked earlier this year, that’s for sure.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 02:35:38 PM »

In a head to head? Trump is the clear favorite, and this only gets worse for DeSantis if Pence, Haley, Hogan, etc run.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 02:42:08 PM »

It’s definitely not as much of a walkover for Trump as it looked earlier this year, that’s for sure.

All he has to do is announce and every other serious contender will get quiet.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 03:22:44 PM »

DeSantis has a shot but I would probably compare the 2024 GOP primary to the 2016 Democratic primary.

Trump would be the Hillary Clinton of the race, DeSantis would be the Bernie Sanders of the race, Hogan would be the Jim Webb of the race, and Cruz would be the Martin O’Malley of the race

Would that make Jim Justice the Lincoln Chafee if he bothered to enter?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 07:08:50 PM »

Look at this clip. The bad delivery, the forced laughs of the donors in the background, corny, pure fake.
I read the recent New Yorker profile on DeSantis, he's a hard-worker who will do anything to get what he wants. If he decides to run against Trump he will try his hardest to basically impersonate him, but he can't do it right. He has no charisma, he can't rile up a crowd or entertain anyone, he comes off as more of a smug prick than anything.
Trump is a natural, he doesn't have to pretend. Even if he's half-senile, voters can tell he's not faking his entire personality. He's genuinely funny and entertaining. I don't see any way in hell Trump can lose to DeSantis.
Archive this post, preserve it in any way you want but DeSantis will not beat Trump.
I completely agree. As confident and “bulldog” as DeSantis is, he still comes off as somewhat introverted and awkward. Republicans want a confident fighter who “triggers the most libs”. For that purpose, Trump is favored.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 12:40:20 AM »

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. He's just a nasally-voiced loser. He doesn't seem authentic.

Trump would steamroll Little Ron.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies