Doug Mastriano for VP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Doug Mastriano for VP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doug Mastriano for VP?  (Read 684 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2022, 11:35:48 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2022, 09:01:17 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Say Doug Masterino wins the gubernatorial election in Pennsylvania which appears very possible given the fact that he is polling better than Dr Oz is in his senate race.

Trump wins the GOP nomination in 2024 and picks Doug Masterino as his VP. How would that play out? Also in this senario Biden would be running for re election and would win his re nomination easily.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 06:44:55 PM »

Trump would never pick him as VP. He has too important a role to play as PA governor.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 08:00:46 PM »

Only a masochist or a complete idiot would want to be Trump’s VP, after seeing what Trump did to Pence.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 08:51:26 PM »

Only a masochist or a complete idiot would want to be Trump’s VP, after seeing what Trump did to Pence.

Ted Cruz is on the short list for Trump’s VP. I bet he’d do it in a heartbeat
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »

Cruz is one of the most unlikeable politicians in the country.  It's hard to see what he would add to the ticket.

(Also: it's Doug Mastriano.  I fixed it in the thread title.)
Medal506
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 09:27:02 PM »

Cruz is one of the most unlikeable politicians in the country.  It's hard to see what he would add to the ticket.

(Also: it's Doug Mastriano.  I fixed it in the thread title.)

Thanks
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 11:14:36 AM »

He also fits into the latter of TDAS04’s two categories, so you’re not exactly disproving his theory.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 11:17:57 AM »

Trump would never pick him as VP. He has too important a role to play as PA governor.

Mastriano is not winning, sorry. Red wave or not.

(Also I’ll admit there’s really no point in ignoring you or BG-NY - it’s more symbolic than anything else - because whenever I see a post is Hidden, the temptation gets to me and I see it anyway.)
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 06:15:53 PM »

He would have to get elected first.  He may well win, but he's not a fave as of now, and he'll never be a slam dunk.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 06:27:10 PM »

He would have to get elected first.  He may well win, but he's not a fave as of now, and he'll never be a slam dunk.

He’s doing far better than expected in the first polls. The Dems said it would be a blow out and it looks like he’s only four points behind which is almost within the margin of error.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 06:42:35 PM »

(Also I’ll admit there’s really no point in ignoring you or BG-NY - it’s more symbolic than anything else - because whenever I see a post is Hidden, the temptation gets to me and I see it anyway.)
Mastriano is behind by 4 points in a poll from a pollster that routinely has massive errors in favour of dems. If you think there's no way he can win then you're just basing it off emotions rather than facts.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 06:55:37 PM »

Mastriano is behind by 4 points in a poll from a pollster that routinely has massive errors in favour of dems. If you think there's no way he can win then you're just basing it off emotions rather than facts.

We'll see who's right in November, shall we? Wink
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 11:04:49 PM »

While the conditions favor Rep's so Mastriano is likely to have a high floor, he's more likely to have a low ceiling. At best I see him winning by about as much as Trump did in 2016 but considering he's alienating anyone who's not a hardcore Trumper, there's a good chance a spoiler could prevent him from winning.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 12:18:43 AM »

"Scott Walker is not losing.  Blue wave or not."

PA voted 3.5 points right of the NPV in 2020.  This midterm is shaping up to be at least R+4, maybe R+5. PA-GOV is absolutely competitive, and probably the closest race to a toss up in gubernatorial races.  Mastriano won't do any more than 1.5-2 points worse than Oz.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 08:00:06 AM »

No
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 02:08:38 PM »

PA voted 3.5 points right of the NPV in 2020.  This midterm is shaping up to be at least R+4, maybe R+5. PA-GOV is absolutely competitive, and probably the closest race to a toss up in gubernatorial races.  Mastriano won't do any more than 1.5-2 points worse than Oz.

Again - debate me to your heart’s content, but I will be vindicated in November. Candidate quality matters - reminder that in 2014, also a red wave, PA elected a Democrat over the incumbent GOPer to the governorship by 9 points.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »

Again - debate me to your heart’s content, but I will be vindicated in November. Candidate quality matters - reminder that in 2014, also a red wave, PA elected a Democrat over the incumbent GOPer to the governorship by 9 points.

Candidate quality doesn't really matter in waves. Joe Walsh won a House seat in suburban Chicago in 2010 for crying out loud. The Corbett comparison doesn't make sense because he was an unpopular incumbent. Mastriano is a challenger, and if anything it's Shapiro who's tied to a somewhat unpopular governor.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 04:48:12 PM »

Candidate quality doesn't really matter in waves. Joe Walsh won a House seat in suburban Chicago in 2010 for crying out loud. The Corbett comparison doesn't make sense because he was an unpopular incumbent. Mastriano is a challenger, and if anything it's Shapiro who's tied to a somewhat unpopular governor.

I'll be sure to inform Senator Sharron Angle of that fact. Obviously a red wave would make Mastriano more likely to win than if there wasn't a wave, but the fact that it's a wave doesn't mean he's suddenly as good a candidate as they could have otherwise nominated.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 10:20:44 PM »

Mastriano is still largely undefined with swing voters and he may very well bomb badly in the Philly suburbs.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies