What if there was a U.S. right-wing third party that was as big as the Green Party?

(1/2) > >>

AltWorlder:
Or bigger?

So the Libertarian Party is right-wing in certain ways, but the one that resembles the GOP/American conservatism more is the Constitution Party, which is by far the least popular compared to the LP and the GP. So what if instead of the LP, the CP, or a different right-wing third party, played the role for the GOP that the Greens do for the Democrats? As in, "similar social/economic general alignment, except much further?"

If my soul was made of stone:
real ones will remember

Agonized-Statism:
Southern segregationists were an independent-minded voting bloc who regularly caused trouble in primaries and elections from 1948 to 1968. Maybe you could craft an alternate history scenario where George Wallace puts effort into the American Independent Party as a populist alternative rather than a means of deadlocking the electoral college for leverage on segregation, and it shrinks to just the right size to stick around into the present.

Enduro:
I feel like the LP has become more and more of what you describe since Ron Paul's 2008 campaign and the Tea Party emergence

PSOL:
Quote from: Enduro on November 06, 2022, 06:16:53 PM

I feel like the LP has become more and more of what you describe since Ron Paul's 2008 campaign and the Tea Party emergence

The thing is the Libertarian party’s independence from the Republican party is under threat. They’re withdrawing from even safe R races just because the Mises caucus hates democrats and selling their headquarters, they’re risking to become separated and divvied up to what the constitution party is now or what labor and the Vermont progressives are to the democrats. It’s sad what could have been is being strangled by the current leadership.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page