Would you still support a Transatlantic alliance if Republicans become the dominant party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:14:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you still support a Transatlantic alliance if Republicans become the dominant party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you still support a Transatlantic alliance if Republicans becomes the dominant party?
European: Yes

European: No

American: Yes

American: No

Non USA/EU: Yes

Non USA/EU: No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Would you still support a Transatlantic alliance if Republicans become the dominant party?  (Read 185 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2022, 10:51:45 AM »
« edited: June 24, 2022, 11:00:36 AM by Laki »

I'm leaning towards no, honestly. I know China and Russia are no good alternatives. But what does USA offer that China doesn't offer?

I mean... i think Europe should be on their own, and take some distance from the US, especially if Democrats cannot establish a majority and if Americans increasingly become nationalist, authoritarian and evil.

They lecture us about human rights, and they don't care about human rights theirselves.

the Democratic Party seems a natural ally, but the Republican Party is so far distanced from our ideals, that I don't want anything to do with them. And in a case the Democratic Party isn't able to establish dominance over US politics, i think we should sever ties and create a NATO-like alliance without the US.

The US don't share our life, our ideals, our morals, and a majority of Americans are wacko. It could be an opportunity to establish ties with some other nations, and do whatever we want, like start trading with Iran again for example. The only reason we don't trade with Iran is because the US don't want us to. I'm fine with trading with Iran. I don't see the issue, especially since a lot of nations in that area are like Iran.

If I were like PM of Belgium, one of the first things i would do is ignore the international sanctions against the Iran and open Belgium up as a country that would establish normal relationships with Iran.

Second thing i would do is immediately guarantee every Latin American country its independence, and promising intervention whenever the US intervenes in whatever way.

We need to isolate the US diplomatically.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »

Good luck thinking NATO would survive without the US and good luck thinking the EU has any ability to counter the US in Latin America.

If Europe was unable to counter the Roosevelt Corollary in the 1900s good luck countering it now
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 02:02:42 PM »

Depends on which Republican Party and who exactly is the president.

What I favor regardless of American governments, because they come and go, is even closer cooperation between EU members on strategic defense issues. And although not popular, at least before the war in Ukraine, we need to continue make investments in a strong defense, especially Germany. At this point I'd even like to have us nukes ourselves, just like France. We definitely can do it, the EU's economy is comparable to the US. And if the US becomes more isolationist, a strong Europe is more needed than ever to counter authoritarian countries and dictatorships. We should also increase cooperation with Canada, Japan or South Korea in particular.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:12 PM »

Long time America hater makes thread on how he doesn't like America.  Admits he can't tell the difference between the PRC and the USA in first sentence.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 04:55:46 PM »

European: Yes

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 07:33:40 PM »

Under Trump the US did a lot of bitching and whining but ultimately the money and troops remained.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies