SCOTUS strikes down ME law that gives tuition assitance for private but not religious schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:50:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS strikes down ME law that gives tuition assitance for private but not religious schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS strikes down ME law that gives tuition assitance for private but not religious schools  (Read 1287 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: June 23, 2022, 05:47:04 AM »

I don't see how all the talk about the so-called "discrimination against religion" isn't inevitably going to lead this Court to attack or outright overturn Engel v. Vitale and its progeny. I haven't been hyperbolic like some about what to expect from this Court, but it does not seem to have much respect for the Establishment Clause. Apart from what the Court has done and could potentially do to the electoral system in this country, I am probably most disturbed and horrified at the prospect of Engel and its progeny being substantially eroded or overturned. I think it was, without a doubt, one of the absolute best decisions ever handed down by the Supreme Court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies