Israel 2022 election (November 1st) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel 2022 election (November 1st) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel 2022 election (November 1st)  (Read 34546 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: June 21, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »

At this point, who does Blue & White represent and what do they stand for (as opposed to, say, Yesh Atid)?
I think same voters, stratified by age.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »

Smotty’s party should be banned from running. Racist bastard
As opposed to Avigdor Lieberman? (when i grew up thats who everyone in the community in the us said was the big baddie). At this point the libs rely on Ben-Gvir being a candidate to (unsuccessfully) scare ppl into supporting them so i dont think the Court will ban anyone anytime soon.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 06:06:34 AM »

Meretz chairman Horowitz stands down. I guess the red powers that be told him his time is up.

Now it's either Yair Golan takes it or Galon is back to save the party

Surely someone like Zandberg will try... No? They'll actually let Yair Golan take it?
The reds control 40% of the membership. They basically decide unless everyone unites against them. I really doubt everyone would agree to unite behind Zandberg. She's not well liked
Are there official factiins in Meretz?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:22:55 PM »

Meretz chairman Horowitz stands down. I guess the red powers that be told him his time is up.

Surely someone like Zandberg will try... No? They'll actually let Yair Golan take it?
The reds control 40% of the membership. They basically decide unless everyone unites against them. I really doubt everyone would agree to unite behind Zandberg. She's not well liked
Define official? Since 1996 the party is one.
There are a bunch of factions within though and internal affairs are a matter of shifting alliances and agendas
As in have names, their own meetings, and are known by party members outside their circle I guess. Like when you say "the reds," it's more of a milieu than anything else, right?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 12:38:24 PM »

Define official? Since 1996 the party is one.
There are a bunch of factions within though and internal affairs are a matter of shifting alliances and agendas
As in have names, their own meetings, and are known by party members outside their circle I guess. Like when you say "the reds," it's more of a milieu than anything else, right?
The reds actually are semi-organized, run their own social media, and have their own logo etc. They began as the provisional camp for MK Ilan Gilon but since grew to a more official faction.

The rest of the groups are more provisional factions around specific people or causes. they usually go by informal names, the greens, the purples, the blues, the yellows and such. 
I would personally find it interesting if you gave a whole run down but understand i may be the only one there!
warandwar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 02:29:43 PM »

By Blue youth movements, you mean Habo, and Hashomer Hatzair, right? (Because they wear blue shirts?)
warandwar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 02:26:27 PM »

Can someone explain the rise of Otzma Yehudit. How did they go from a minor part of RZP and 1-2% of the vote when running separately to polling at 7 seats on their own?
There were always 5% of the electorate that liked their opinions but:
1. Ben Gvir is good with the (social) media, while former leaders were more awkward.
2. there used to be a bigger crowding out effect in the far right with other parties like Moledet, Herut, Liberman (oh how times have changed) and so on having more appeal. Now most Otzma voters are Sephardic, i.e., people who could vote Shas\Likud and aren't radical settlers so now Ben Gvir has a clean field to swipe them to him.
Wonder what you think about the differences between Ben Gvir and Kahane's appeals.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 09:38:43 AM »

Michaeli in a government meeting about the Abraham Accords: "we should promote an agreement with the Palestinians"
Shaked: "the Palestinians don't interest the Emirates"
Hendel: "no one cares about the Palestinians"
Our politicians are driving our bus with a blindfold, ignoring the biggest problem and refusing to admit that they're going to crash us into the abyss
You're not wrong, but in all fairness, I don't think Shaked is, either.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 09:40:11 PM »

The Radical Left in Israel look like fools right now
yeah everyone's laughing at those four people
warandwar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 03:43:29 PM »

If Netanyahu returns to power with this extreme-right coalition, any pretense of abiding by the Oslo accords is going to be gone.
How's the weather in 2009?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »

If Netanyahu returns to power with this extreme-right coalition, any pretense of abiding by the Oslo accords is going to be gone.

Okay, even farther gone and beyond the possibility of ever returning than it already was.
Lapid dropped bombs from the air a few weeks ago in the West Bank. First time in 20 years. I don't think this election changes the balance at all.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »

Okay, even farther gone and beyond the possibility of ever returning than it already was.
Lapid dropped bombs from the air a few weeks ago in the West Bank. First time in 20 years. I don't think this election changes the balance at all.

Parties that are at least *hypothetically* open to *some form* of negotiations and peace *at some point* - even if they are working against peaceful negotiations at the present - are still better than a government that will include people like Ben-Gvir who are openly in favor of ethnic cleansing of the Arab minority in Israel, support large-scale annexations of Palestinian land as soon possible, and who oppose any form of negotiated peace ever.

Everything is bad! But not everything is equally bad!
There are differences between the coalitions. I don't think there are meaningful differences in practice in this issue (which wasn't even debated much this election). Ben-Gvir says the quiet part loud but I don't think he can outmanoever Netanyahu significantly. More likely that there would be mass deportation of African refugees.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies