Do you have any friends or loved ones that are Trump supporters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:31:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you have any friends or loved ones that are Trump supporters?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you have any friends or loved ones that are Trump supporters?  (Read 1010 times)
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 08:33:06 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2022, 09:59:51 PM by khuzifenq »

Yea, but they all live in Iran.
Why would any Iranian support Trump? I would expect a decent percentage of Iranian Americans born before 1985 or after 1999 to support Trump, but it would make no sense for an Iranian who never left Iran to support Trump due to the sanctions and war stuff.

I get this may be a contrarian troll post but why would iGen Iranian Americans be more supportive than Millennials?

Idk if they “support” him now, but I have family members who voted for him in 2016, and I have close friends who aren’t eligible to vote but would’ve voted for him in 2016 if they could’ve. I’d be surprised if none of my personal IG followers voted for him or supported him at some point tbh, my RL social circle shouldn’t be that much of a partisan echo chamber.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 09:55:51 PM »

The vast, vast majority of my friends voted for Trump.  But, I'd say that they are Trump supporters of varying stripes, because I have a few friends who have David French or Tim Keller-like politics.

Why would Christians vote for a thrice-divorced, thrice-bankrupt, pro-gay philanderer?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 10:22:05 PM »

Yes, though not in the 2016 primary, I don't think.  Mostly people who would have said they'd never vote for Trump in Early Spring 2016, but by Summer or Fall they came around to Trump, or sometime during his Presidency.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2022, 11:01:54 PM »

A few, I try to avoid taking politics with them.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »

About half of my friends and a quarter of my family.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 09:18:50 AM »

We have neighbors next to our house that are Republicans. The wife is no die-hard Trump supporter and only voted for him because CA is Safe D anyways; the husband was initially very Trump-friendly until he bungled Covid. Still voted for him, but thinks he should step aside now. My wife and I were friends with them for a couple years now, preceding the 2016 election. Not really that common given our background and that they're over a decade older. That said, they're cool people to hang around and we can have great conversations outside politics. We sometimes discuss politics in a civil manner and sometimes find a little common ground on less partisan issues.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2022, 05:52:58 PM »

Got married in 2021 and my two best men both voted for Trump at one point. One is a Trump-Jorgensen voter and the other is a Clinton-Trump voter.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies