RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 145090 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 06, 2007, 02:44:42 AM »

New Feature: Comparison of Election Results by office for a given year:  here is Washington 2004.  These pages are linked in from each state page.
Enjoy!
Dave

Excellent. Smiley

Although I noticed that there's a blank column between "yes" and "no", which presumably is the column for where the Republican candidate would be.  Perhaps the table for initiatives should be formatted differently so that only the independent (green) and Democratic (red) columns are present, and in that order.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »

In further news, the 1992 Gubernatorial election results have been uploaded.

Looks good. Smiley

But I noticed that the mouse-over text for (I believe) MO, NC, VT, and WV all display every candidate as "0".
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

I use WinZip for my archival needs.  Technically speaking, the version is an "evaluation" version, but it can be used indefinitely.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:33:02 PM »

Thanks, Gabu, but I don't have the minimum requirements for WinZip.

Oh, I see.

What sort of computer are you using?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »

Thanks, Gabu, but I don't have the minimum requirements for WinZip.

Oh, I see.

What sort of computer are you using?

IBM PC with Windows '98. If there's a way for me to contribute a map, please PM me or post it here.

Unfortunately, it's not maps that you contribute, but tab-delimited data about a race.  The map itself is generated automatically from the data.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »

Alright, now I'm confused.  What does "tab-delimited" mean?

"Delimiting" is intarweb jargon for "separating with a specified character".  In tab-delimited data, each individual bit of data is separated by a tab.  It's important to specify the character because that's how the computer program knows what's data and what's a separator.

And if you're unfamiliar with the usage of "character" in the above explanation, that's another bit of intarweb jargon for "something you can write with a keyboard".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies