RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:22:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 145551 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 30, 2006, 09:10:18 PM »

I think we should find a way to keep RBH's maps and maps made by any other member of the forum.  Putting them on the wiki (hopefully with the data) would be a good way for everyone to look at this information.

I would agree with that.

BTW, is there a way to make county maps like his, without having to use paint?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »

Dave, good work!

Is there a page of composite maps contributions? If so, can it be linked from the forum?

I was thinking of making some maps comparing Presidential/Senatorial/Gubernatorial results by county. The source, of course, would be the Atlas. How would I tackle this?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:39 PM »

I'm trying to upload the Excel Template to create a map. I use IE but the Template opens up a Netscape window and I can't get the Template to open. Can someone please help me?

Thanks.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »

I'm trying to upload the Excel Template to create a map. I use IE but the Template opens up a Netscape window and I can't get the Template to open. Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

The template is zipped.  Right-click on the link and "save as".  then use uncompression software to unzip the excel file.  You can then load in Excel or OpenOffice.
Thanks,
Dave

I'm not familiar with uncompression software. Can you (or someone else) please explain what needs to be done?

Thanks.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 06:23:31 PM »

Thanks, Gabu, but I don't have the minimum requirements for WinZip.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »

Thanks, Gabu, but I don't have the minimum requirements for WinZip.

Oh, I see.

What sort of computer are you using?

IBM PC with Windows '98. If there's a way for me to contribute a map, please PM me or post it here.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:43:46 PM »

Alright, now I'm confused.  What does "tab-delimited" mean?

"Delimiting" is intarweb jargon for "separating with a specified character".  In tab-delimited data, each individual bit of data is separated by a tab.  It's important to specify the character because that's how the computer program knows what's data and what's a separator.

And if you're unfamiliar with the usage of "character" in the above explanation, that's another bit of intarweb jargon for "something you can write with a keyboard".

Gabu, based on my earlier message, are you saying that it would be impossible for me to do tab-delimited data from my computer?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

BTW, what does WIP mean (on some user-generated county maps)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies