RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 145094 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »

Excellent, this is stickied! I often have a hard time finding this thread.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »

Dave, is there any chance we could get clarification on what to with blanket primaries? They don't quite fit any of the definitions presented in the upload script. I've just been doing them as open primaries, but I would like your opinion...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

Dave, you should put a link on the election results page. That would be more convenient, particularly for new people Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »

When I open up the upload page, it tells me to log in, even though I already am logged in.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »

When I open up the upload page, it tells me to log in, even though I already am logged in.

Thanks - try it now.

Dave
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »

It works now. Thanks.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »

Dave, is there any chance we'll ever be able to submit primaries for third parties?
dadge
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -4.50

« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »

I've put this question on the Vote UK board but I'll put it here too 'cause you guys might be able to help me:

I've got Boundary Line from the Ordnance Survey but I've never used GIS software so I'm a bit stuck. (In fact that's not quite true, but the last time I used it was 1985 and it was a bit different then!) This PC is a crappy Athlon 2600+ 1.92 GHz with 480MB of RAM, so ArcGIS is out of the question. In this very room there are two more PCs and I can set to work on improving the memory situation, but before I do that, is there any more slimline software, or online application, that I could use? Cheers, A
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »

I'm trying to upload maps, but I'm getting all this:

Error: First-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check selected state and whether first line of data file is the correct data for the first county of the selected state.

Error: Geographic type Type for Name is not in database. Please check spelling or email Dave

Check to be sure that the header row has been removed from the data file (data file should only include county, city, and state-level data rows and no column titles)
Error: Last-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check whether last line of data file is the correct data for the statewide total (does the file have blank lines?).

Error: Candidate 1 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 2 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 3 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Can anyone help me? This is quite frustrating Sad
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

BTW, what does WIP mean (on some user-generated county maps)?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »

BTW, what does WIP mean (on some user-generated county maps)?

I suspect that it's an ongoing work in progress?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »

I'm trying to upload maps, but I'm getting all this:

Error: First-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check selected state and whether first line of data file is the correct data for the first county of the selected state.

Error: Geographic type Type for Name is not in database. Please check spelling or email Dave

Check to be sure that the header row has been removed from the data file (data file should only include county, city, and state-level data rows and no column titles)
Error: Last-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check whether last line of data file is the correct data for the statewide total (does the file have blank lines?).

Error: Candidate 1 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 2 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 3 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Can anyone help me? This is quite frustrating Sad

Yeah it can be confusing. If you want to upload the file somewhere I can take a look at it for you.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2012, 12:32:51 AM »

DAVE,

The upload system doesn't seem to allow elections from 2012. It gives me "year is invalid." I notice nobody else has uploaded any 2012 maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have the same problem.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »

DAVE,

The upload system doesn't seem to allow elections from 2012. It gives me "year is invalid." I notice nobody else has uploaded any 2012 maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have the same problem.
Thanks -
this should now be corrected.
Dave
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »

I just contributed the data for the 1962 Wisconsin governor's race, the first one after the founding of Menominee County.  But when I submitted the data, the Menominee County vote still shows up for Shawano County (the county Menominee County was formed out of.)  Anybody know how to fix this, please?

PS: Could you please help me also with the 2012 Wisconsin recall elections?  It showed up after 1960 instead of at the top after I uploaded the data.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »

I have two more questions: when I try to upload the data for the 1960 Michigan Governor's race, it keeps telling me that something is wrong with the FIPS code (which I've checked and it seems to be all right).  I've tried to correct the errors but I can't seem to think of what might be wrong with it.  Any help with this, please?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »

This may have been addressed long ago, but would it be possible to add Agriculture Commissioner to the list statewide offices we can upload?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 03:46:18 PM by Dave Leip »

This may have been addressed long ago, but would it be possible to add Agriculture Commissioner to the list statewide offices we can upload?

Hi,
Thanks - I have updated the script and database to support Agriculture Commissioner.
Enjoy,
Dave
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

Could we please remove the "Amendment" option from the upload script?  It's confusing, since all amendments that appear on a ballot are initiatives or referendums in the first place.  (And please delete the data that was uploaded with it, too.)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2016, 07:08:02 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 07:37:42 PM by DPKdebator »

I hate to sound ignorant, but where is the tool that allows me to edit these maps without having to manually edit the URL?

EDIT: just realized that this is something totally separate... sorry! Tongue
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2018, 02:32:14 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 02:45:56 AM by 136or142 »

I don't know if anything like this has been posted already because I'm not really into maps, but this was posted on twitter (I had nothing to do with it) and I thought people here might be interested.  I don't even know if this is the right thread to post this in.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:30 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2018, 12:01:26 AM by shua »

getting this message:  "
Error: First-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check selected state and whether first line of data file is the correct data for the first county of the selected state.  "

does this look right:  ?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

EDIT:   Okay, I figured it out:   I had a blank line at the beginning of the file and the form did not like that.

here's the 2017 Virginia Gov. Primaries:
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2017&off=5&elect=1&fips=51&f=0
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2017&off=5&elect=2&fips=51&f=0

btw for Mac OS 10 or later, no conversion to UNIX is needed, as it is already the same format.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »

Quick question: what would you choose for a special runoff election that wasn’t open?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2022, 12:18:19 PM »

It would be cool to be able to add congressional results for At-Large districts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies