RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 145092 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »

A tie (in Kimble County, the southernmost of the counties shown in white) between the candidates shown in red and green shows up in the same colour as a county with no votes cast.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »

There is another issue - I'll need to add separate election types for "Republican Runoff" and "Democratic Runoff" from "Open Runoff", otherwise there will be a conflict, say between Dem Runoff and Rep Runoff on the same election.  So, please hold off on more runoff elections until I create new election types for them.
Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2007, 05:15:23 PM »

Ok, that's done.  Go ahead and use the new "Republican Runoff" and "Democratic Runoff" contests.  I love easy changes that expand content.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »

RBH - could you please include the date of the election (especially primary, runoff, special) in the source - i.e. for texas, the date is just below the election title: such as "2006 Democratic Party Primary Runoff Election 4/11/2006".  This gives more info on when the election took place.

Also, to all, be careful when you use the back key to enter multiple elections back-to-back to check each of the fields as not to enter incorrect data from the previous entry.
Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:30 PM »

New Feature: Comparison of Election Results by office for a given year:  here is Washington 2004.  These pages are linked in from each state page.
Enjoy!
Dave
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2007, 02:44:42 AM »

New Feature: Comparison of Election Results by office for a given year:  here is Washington 2004.  These pages are linked in from each state page.
Enjoy!
Dave

Excellent. Smiley

Although I noticed that there's a blank column between "yes" and "no", which presumably is the column for where the Republican candidate would be.  Perhaps the table for initiatives should be formatted differently so that only the independent (green) and Democratic (red) columns are present, and in that order.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2007, 07:08:07 PM »

A request; I'd like to see county maps of the 1980 and 1970 Senate races in New York. Anyone got county data for those?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2007, 07:58:18 PM by Alcon »

A request; I'd like to see county maps of the 1980 and 1970 Senate races in New York. Anyone got county data for those?

I actually think I had those somewhere (someone sent them ages ago), but I can't find them.  I'll look again.

I'm sad.  The Washington Secretary of State page decided to remove the county results-back-to-1970 archive yesterday for no apparent reason.  I'll have to yell at them on Monday.  I was planning to use this weekend to input every initiative since 1970.  Sad

Dave, I know this is probably nowhere on the radar, but I have precinct results for minor offices and initiatives for 2004, and some for 2000, that I'm considering compiling.  Same with town/city data.  I can do this if you'd get to them eventually.  If not, that's fine.  Just something to occupy my time with while I'm still bed-ridden.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »

In spite of my New York roots, I do not have these elections at this time.

Alcon - are you ill?  If so, hoping for a speedy recovery.  I was actually distracted today by the amazing 72 degree outdoor temperature!  Unbelievable January day here in Boston.

How about working on Oregon?  1996 - present are on-line and I have complete pdf copies of the 1990 and 1994 Official Abstract of Votes from OR.  Did you complete the precinct returns for WA Senate in 2006?

In further news, the 1992 Gubernatorial election results have been uploaded.

Enjoy,
Dave
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2007, 12:51:26 AM »

In spite of my New York roots, I do not have these elections at this time.

Alcon - are you ill?  If so, hoping for a speedy recovery.  I was actually distracted today by the amazing 72 degree outdoor temperature!  Unbelievable January day here in Boston.

Yeah - I've been sick for months, but I got food poisoning on top of it yesterday.  No fun.  72 degrees sounds pretty nice right now - we might get a rare snow in a few days.

How about working on Oregon?  1996 - present are on-line and I have complete pdf copies of the 1990 and 1994 Official Abstract of Votes from OR.

I'm on it.  Smiley  It will give me some practise on learning the Oregon county map better too.

Did you complete the precinct returns for WA Senate in 2006?

Cowlitz and Grays Harbor are supposed to be in the mail (holiday season delayed this significantly).  The rest are all in.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »

Looks good. Smiley

But I noticed that the mouse-over text for (I believe) MO, NC, VT, and WV all display every candidate as "0".
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2007, 01:17:37 AM »

I'd like to see county maps of the 1980 and 1970 Senate races in New York.

RBH posted 1970 on Atlas some time ago:

But I noticed that the mouse-over text for (I believe) MO, NC, VT, and WV all display every candidate as "0".

Also (and this is a very minor complaint), the map keys for some states aren't quite accurate. For example, the Utah key doesn't have shadings for the independent candidate and the Louisiana keys display every red/blue shading from >50% to >90%.

Other than those quibbles, great work. Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2007, 01:54:38 AM »

Queens, Westchester, and Tompkins for the Conservative party? That's unreal. Yates sure bucked the Conservative showing in the Finger Lakes.
RBH

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2007, 03:24:16 AM »

the difference between making a map and entering data involves the minor parties.

That's why there's gaps in data from 1920 to 1936. The data is there to make a map, but not to totally enter data. Due to third parties and such.

The CQ Database numbers I have has the following results

Queens: Buckley 44, Ottinger 39, Goodell 17
Tompkins: Buckley 46, Goodell 32, Ottinger 22
Westchester: Buckley 45, Ottinger 37, Goodell 18

I forget what happened with Yates, because the results are Buckley 44, Goodell 34, Ottinger 22.

So i'll probably need to correct that.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »

Why isn't that NY map showing up in the New York Elections home?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

Alcon - Months is not fun with illness - hope for a quick(er) recovery going forward!  Cool about OR, let me know when you are ready for the pdf files of OR Abstracts.

Looks good. Smiley

Thanks - I knew about this one, but decided not to upload the corrected names until I could complete the incumbency info for 1998 and 2002 (which is now done and maps are made!).

Also (and this is a very minor complaint), the map keys for some states aren't quite accurate. For example, the Utah key doesn't have shadings for the independent candidate and the Louisiana keys display every red/blue shading from >50% to >90%.

Other than those quibbles, great work. Smiley

Thanks very much for pointing these out!  I greatly appreciate when items that seem out-of-the-ordinary are brought to my attention.  They have been corrected  (there is so much data and so many files that are cross-linked/or dependent on one-another that mistakes happen from time to time - and I relish accuracy, so keep-em coming.)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »

Dave,

Thanks!  Feel free to email them now.  I'll get to them either today or very soon, depending on whether I'm lucid enough.  Cheesy
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 01:40:45 AM »

I have no idea how I managed this. but it should be deleted.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 07:06:15 AM »

Hah!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »

Why is Multnomah showing up in gray when the data have it going for the Democrat? (And yes, I know everything else is wrong too.)
RBH

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2007, 08:53:37 AM »

Commas in the file, probably.

As for future results, the NY Gov 1994 results should be a lot of fun. Two hints here.

Cuomo wins NYC big (70/28), Pataki wins the rest of the state big (57/35)

The 1990 NY Gov results should be interesting in map form.

Cuomo won every county except the following in 1990.

Rinfret counties: Allegany, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Herkimer, Lewis, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Yates
London counties: Cayuga, Greene, Hamilton, Oswego, Wyoming

And the CQ database county results didn't include anything from Jefferson or Niagara counties. Preventing a map.
RBH

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2007, 09:21:48 AM »

As for 1986 (where Cuomo won 65/32): O'Rourke won Delaware, Greene, Hamilton, Sullivan, and Washington Counties.

Spitzer won 4 of those counties.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »

As for future results, the NY Gov 1994 results should be a lot of fun. Two hints here.

Cuomo wins NYC big (70/28), Pataki wins the rest of the state big (57/35)

Dave has that up already:

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2007, 11:15:08 AM »

RBH posted 1970 on Atlas some time ago:

Cool Smiley
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »

Done - I actually forgot to remind you that the 1990 and 1994 Gubernatorial and Senatorial races in Oregon are already done, just not uploaded - So I removed those contests.
Thanks again for all the great work!

State election results index pages (such as WA have been updated to include other election types (primary, runoff, etc.) and cleaned up so that the initiative and referendum results are below the office results.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies