RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 145754 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »

Great Job all!
This is turning out to be quite a feature!  I have created the ability to edit just the information (candidate names, initiative name, notes, and source info).  At the bottom of each page that you contributed, there is a new link titled "Change Info for this Contest".  This will take you to an edit form that has all the previously-entered data already in the boxes.  Just edit and hit submit.  Please let me know if you have any difficulties or find new introdced bugs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes.  I'll have to add support for all these contests that you dig up with 5 winning candidates (and RBH's < 20% win county!!!)

Could you give me an example contest?

at some point, possibly - I have a bunch more work here though for delegates, etc.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »

This contest for AZ Prop 107 is way off - it has unofficial CNN data that are short by over 300,000 votes.  Please avoid using CNN or other unofficial/secondary sources for data.  The AZ 2006 Official Canvass has all these official data. 
Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »

Yep, the 'quote' was messed up because I had the variable in single quotes.  It should work now.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »

I'm not sure what I did wrong here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2006&off=11&elect=0&fips=39&f=0

Could somebody do a user's guide or something?  It's all a little baffling, and I have plenty of time and resources to make a bunch of maps.

Hi Joe,
Thanks - the effort would be great!
the file that you uploaded is for some reason blank.  Check that it is tab-delimited file from the template provided via the link on the script page.  It should only include lines from one state, including the statewide total.  The "?" next to each item in the form has a pop-up that gives info on that item of the form.  I'm not sure why the script actually entered the election - could you email me the file?
Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »

I'm trying to upload the Excel Template to create a map. I use IE but the Template opens up a Netscape window and I can't get the Template to open. Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

The template is zipped.  Right-click on the link and "save as".  then use uncompression software to unzip the excel file.  You can then load in Excel or OpenOffice.
Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »

Hm, can someone delete this. I accidentally put this in with the wrong race title. And I did but Taylor/Cox in for the Gubernatorial race. It's just that there's no Senate primary for 2006 to put in to overwrite this info.

This race has been removed. 

Thanks for the tremendous effort!!!  Keep up the great work.
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »

I've been trying to enter data for some elections but I keep getting errors similair to this for all of the candidates I put in the form.

Error: Candidate 1 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

As far as I can tell, I have done everything exactly as how I did the three succesful entries I made. Any possible explanations?

Thanks!  Be sure that your data file has no commas in the data (set all the cell numberical types to "General".  Also be sure that the file has UNIX return characters.  On a Mac, I use a program called convertNewlines.app  I don't know what you have to do on a PC -> RBH - do you perform any special operations on the tab-delimited file?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »

Hi,
I've made a slight modification to the election upload script to account for official/unofficial data.  I've automatically made all data prior to 2006 as official.  Please take a moment to update the info (and data if appropriate) for elections that were entered prior to the results being certified.
many thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »

Dave,

Do you know what's going on here?
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=1801&off=5&elect=0&fips=10&f=0

The map is broken, though the data--both statewide and county--appears to be in the database. (If elections that far back aren't supported, then please delete.)

Hi Philip,
Thanks - For each of the states, the county maps won't be generated prior to the year that I have verified the county boundaries.  For Delaware that was 1892 as of yesterday. I modified the map to cover the Kent/New Castle boundary change in 1841, so now Delaware is good to 1775.  Other states vary in regard to the correct boundaries.

Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »

A few other things:

1. The page gives http://www.state.de.us/election/index.htm as the source URL, which is not correct. The proper URL appears in the Election Data Input Form, however.
I have corrected this code oversight.

2. The "Note 2" field is set to <textarea name="note_1". It is therefore impossible to modify Note 2; and moreover, whatever is entered into Note 2 becomes the new Note 1.
I've corrected this bug

3. In order to make the Federalists' color purple, so as to be consistent with your presidential-election pages for 1789 through 1816, which candidate column must I use? Or is this not possible?
I have more work to do to make the Federalists purple...
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »

When I open up the upload page, it tells me to log in, even though I already am logged in.

Thanks - try it now.

Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »

DAVE,

The upload system doesn't seem to allow elections from 2012. It gives me "year is invalid." I notice nobody else has uploaded any 2012 maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have the same problem.
Thanks -
this should now be corrected.
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 03:46:18 PM by Dave Leip »

This may have been addressed long ago, but would it be possible to add Agriculture Commissioner to the list statewide offices we can upload?

Hi,
Thanks - I have updated the script and database to support Agriculture Commissioner.
Enjoy,
Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies