Opinion of the drop outs: Averroës Nix
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the drop outs: Averroës Nix
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What is your Opinion of their Choice to Leave the Site ?
FF Choice

HP Choice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Opinion of the drop outs: Averroës Nix  (Read 2870 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 07:51:36 PM »

I mean, a lot of it could be restored if I wanted to invest a lot of time doing it, but he made that choice and in fact doing all that most likely took him a lot of time as well. I honestly don't get the point in this case, but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Averroes is a decent user as far as I am concerned and I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he returns at some point.

I think it would be quite wrong to restore posts of a poster who deleted them as a statement on the way out, which posts are valuable or at least not spam or worse, due to feeling the Forum had done a great wrong, not as to him, but as to something the poster considered dishonorable. In fact, I sort of admire it. No, if similarly situated, and felt that strongly about something, I will not delete my 40,000 plus posts, I would just fade away. I am on the way out anyway, not sure when, but I am probably in my last decade. And for all the ups and downs, I look forward to each day, as I wake up to greet the dawn with my pack all curled up together under the skylights in the king sized bed.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 08:51:50 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2022, 08:55:34 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Wait, Averroes left because someone accused him of supporting genocide? I did that for like half of 2020, there HAS to be more than that, maybe some personal stuff.

Making long lists of posters who are spuriously declared guilty of wrongthink and thus complicit in genocide is widely considered fine and good now and moderators don't have any problem with it.  That's kinda new.

These things happen when moderators are more concerned with creating an echo chamber that drives a narrative as opposed to honestly moderating a political discussion that invites in all views.  

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.phptopic=337058.msg6983354;topicseen#msg6983354

Quote from: Averroes Nix
None of these attacks are particularly harsh (some of the deleted posts are worse) - but the site's TOS are clear: Personal attacks are forbidden. If there's going to be lenience, it should at least be acknowledged and applied universally. It can't be ok for certain posters with certain politics but not others.

So tell me: What's the standard here? When do you say enough already? Why are you protecting a bully who can't show even the most basic respect for his fellow posters?

Leaving an allegation of being supportive of "genocide" for 12 hours, no matter how "out there" the poster may be is condoning libel.  For the mods to say "We deleted the post.", I'd point out that it was after 12 hours.  How much damage to a reputation can be done on the internet these days, especially from nitwits with little to lose.

That moderators might allow a post to stand 12 hours libeling me with no action is something that makes this place less safe than it should be.  People who post such things shouldn't just have their posts deleted; their fitness to be here should be evaluated honestly.  That doesn't happen.  When it doesn't happen, it makes people be concerned about their safety.

Averroes Nix is the kind of quality poster that edifies this forum.  Keeping a slanderous post up for 12 houes values the WORST posters in this forum.  Hopefully, he'll come back.  In the meantime, it's long past time for those who moderate this forum to hold both sides to the same standards when it comes to personal attacks.  It's a sad thing when you can have posts deleted for attacking BLM, but not for people calling other posters Nazis, Fascists, Racists, etc. because they oppose some political initiative that many here support.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 09:11:59 PM »

How much do the mods get paid, again?  I always forget.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2022, 09:17:42 PM »

By George Soros, of course!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2022, 08:10:56 AM »

Something about a "now infamous post" about… genocide, apparently?  I have no idea either.
So there’s a thread about a trans kid who tried to kill themselves over the Texas trans law and when the hospital found out that they were taking hormones charged the parents with abuse and one of the poster here made a list of like 30 posters who derailed the original thread about the Texas law into a discussion on puberty blockers and cursed them out and said their antics in that thread made them genocide against trans people supporters and Nix was one of them
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2022, 02:23:29 PM »

An intelligent and thoughtful poster who writes from an unusual perspective and is a valuable read even in disagreement.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2022, 03:00:01 PM »

Can somebody explain what happened to the unaware?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2022, 04:47:53 PM »

Great poster, regrettable how things turned out, but that’s his decision.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2022, 04:49:12 PM »

Will be missed.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2022, 09:54:13 PM »

They do it for free.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2022, 08:50:56 AM »

I mean, a lot of it could be restored if I wanted to invest a lot of time doing it, but he made that choice and in fact doing all that most likely took him a lot of time as well. I honestly don't get the point in this case, but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Averroes is a decent user as far as I am concerned and I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he returns at some point.

I think it would be quite wrong to restore posts of a poster who deleted them as a statement on the way out, which posts are valuable or at least not spam or worse, due to feeling the Forum had done a great wrong, not as to him, but as to something the poster considered dishonorable. In fact, I sort of admire it. No, if similarly situated, and felt that strongly about something, I will not delete my 40,000 plus posts, I would just fade away. I am on the way out anyway, not sure when, but I am probably in my last decade. And for all the ups and downs, I look forward to each day, as I wake up to greet the dawn with my pack all curled up together under the skylights in the king sized bed.

I think his threads should be restored but not any posts.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »

Gonna miss him
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States