Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia  (Read 22429 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »

Nay, too short a time to make the Senate anything other than a rubber stamp.

Good Senator this is an amendment proposed to remove that clause from the Constitution as it stands.

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »

Good Senator this is an amendment proposed to remove that clause from the Constitution as it stands.
^^^^^^^

Aye
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »

Aye
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »

NAY

a bill should clear both houses and be signed by the President before becoming law!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2007, 02:03:59 PM »

Aye

Make that an Aye, since I misread the amendment.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »

NAY

a bill should clear both houses and be signed by the President before becoming law!

Have you even read the Third Constitution? Have you even read the amendment correctly?
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »

Aye.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2007, 04:32:44 PM »

This amendment has passed.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »

And the wiki has been updated.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

So...  Any more debate to be had?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

Amendment
That Article VII, Section 2, Clause 2, Sub-clause 3 be removed and the subsequent sub-clause be re-numbered accordingly.

(I think the various party's should be allowed greater flexibility in deciding on their lists for submission.)

I also would like an amendment introduced so that an impeachment of certain officials can be carried out, as there seems to be no prescribed method of removing a Supreme Court judge, for example. Any help would be appreciated.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »

Jas, youo're correct.  One area I forgot to include is impeachment.  I believe that impeachment should occur as it does in the actual US government.  The original trial should be in the National Assembly, requiring a majority vote to impeach.  Then, the Senate must convict the person with two thirds of the vote.  The Chief Justice will preside over the preceedings in the National Assembly and Senate.  If the Chief Justice is being impeached, the senior Associate Justice presides.  Can someone put this into amendment form?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »

Vote on this amendment: That Article VII, Section 2, Clause 2, Sub-clause 3 be removed and the subsequent sub-clause be re-numbered accordingly.

Aye
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »

Aye
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »

Abstain.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:10 AM »

Aye
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2007, 02:06:35 AM »

it's 1 am and I don't know if I'm eleogoble to vote for this

Aye
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »

it's 1 am and I don't know if I'm eleogoble to vote for this

Aye

When did you become a Senator?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

My mistake
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »

Here's the amendment for impeachmet.  I'm not sure which article to put it under, so I don't know the Section number, but here you go:

Section X: Impeachment Procedures

1. All civil Officers of the Republic of Atlasia, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
2. Impeachment proceedings may begin when any member of the National Assembly bring charges against any civil officer of Atlasia.  Impeachment shall be added to the possible agenda, as set by the Prime Minister, however if five members of the National Assembly petition for impeachment proceedings to occur, the Prime Minister can be overruled and the impeachment proceedings shall be moved to the top of the agenda.
3. If a majority of the members of the National Assembly shall consent, the charges of impeachment against any civil officer, the said civil officer shall be impeached.
4. The Senate will then vote on the articles of impeachment, requiring a two thirds majority to convict any person accused of the aforementioned crimes.
5. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Atlasia shall preside over all impeachment trials in the National Assembly and Senate, unless the Chief Justice is the subject of impeachment, in which case the senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court shall preside.
6. Any member of the National Assembly or Senate accused of impeachment shall not be eligible to vote on his own impeachment.

Could someone introduce it?  Also, I'm not sure about the language.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »

Here's the amendment for impeachmet.  I'm not sure which article to put it under, so I don't know the Section number, but here you go:

1. All civil Officers of the Republic of Atlasia, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
2. Impeachment proceedings may begin when any member of the National Assembly bring charges against any civil officer of Atlasia.  Impeachment shall be added to the possible agenda, as set by the Prime Minister, however if five members of the National Assembly petition for impeachment proceedings to occur, the Prime Minister can be overruled and the impeachment proceedings shall be moved to the top of the agenda.
3. If a majority of the members of the National Assembly shall consent, the charges of impeachment against any civil officer, the said civil officer shall be impeached.
4. The Senate will then vote on the articles of impeachment, requiring a two thirds majority to convict any person accused of the aforementioned crimes.
5. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Atlasia shall preside over all impeachment trials in the National Assembly and Senate, unless the Chief Justice is the subject of impeachment, in which case the senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court shall preside.
6. Any member of the National Assembly or Senate accused of impeachment shall not be eligible to vote on his own impeachment.

I introduce this amendment on behalf of the President.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »

I introduce this amendment on behalf of the President.

We have to pick an article for it to go under.  I'm really not sure since it deals with all impeachments.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2007, 02:34:59 AM »

The amendment that we began voting on like a week ago has passed thanks to sheer inactivity.

We will now vote on the following amendment:

Impeachment Procedures

---

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »

Aye
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length