Memo to Confederate Flag Enthusiasts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:58:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Memo to Confederate Flag Enthusiasts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Memo to Confederate Flag Enthusiasts  (Read 2875 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »

At least we know that the quality of the U.S. education system hasn't improved much, at least in regards to history or the Constitution.

That sounds like the invitation for Ad-block.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 07:34:57 PM »

No more "These colors don't run" Confederate products. Your side got it's ass whipped. Those colors definitely ran, especially in Georgia, from Sherman.

Actually the problem in Georgia was that Hood didn't know when to run.  Had he been smarter and realized when it was better to wait for another day to fight, the South might have been able to pull a political victory form the jaws of military defeat.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 04:03:44 PM »

Anyone flying a confederate flag should be immediately executed.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »

Anyone flying a confederate flag should be immediately executed.

I sincerely, sincerely hope you're being hyperbolic and aren't a First Amendment-hating fascist.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2006, 04:35:04 PM »

Could your hope be any more misplaced?
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 05:26:48 PM »

I sincerely, sincerely hope you're being hyperbolic and aren't a First Amendment-hating fascist.

Single shot to the back of their heads.  It may even be wise to eliminate their entire bloodlines just to be safe.
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »

So tell me something I already didn't know.

^^^^^^^  and ya'll thought we were just doing the living history thing to wear cool clothes  Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »

There was a kid who put up a confederate flag in his room at my University and several people were deeply offended and asked him to take it down.  He got all defensive and started telling us how we didn't understand and how the confederate flag represented something completely different to him than it did to us (though he couldn't put it into words).

To us, the confederate flag represents racism, backwardness, and the will to stand your ground, even when you're wrong, backwards, and racist.

But just like the Japanese, who see the swastika as a very different symbol, maybe the kid really thinks it means something else.

Either way, when I see someone with the confederate flag on their pickup truck or anything like that, I am repulsed.  A lot of these kids (mostly young males) would be the ones likely to join neo-nazi groups in Germany or the street gangs in the UK or terrorist organizations in Iraq... I guess I'm thankful that they express their reactive hate for all things different in the form of a flag and not by committing crimes.  Keep in mind, these people are not from the south.

With that said.. How would people react in Mississippi if I drove around with bumper stickers saying things like "The North won, get over it" and things like that... now you know how we feel when you guys come up here with your stars and bars and try to rub it in our face. 
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »

Hardly comparable to driving around with whatever bumper sticker.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 07:01:44 PM »

With that said.. How would people react in Mississippi if I drove around with bumper stickers saying things like "The North won, get over it" and things like that... now you know how we feel when you guys come up here with your stars and bars and try to rub it in our face. 

In DC last year I saw a bumper sticker which had the confederate flag w/ a circle and slash through it w/ the words "You lost, get over it" next to it.  I have to say it made me laugh.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies