Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:03:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich  (Read 5875 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: December 11, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »

This is truly shocking and deeply disturbing (and I could have swung for that old goat on the bus today who said they 'deserved' it) I hope there is a maintainable police presence until the killer is caught and that each community affected works in co-operation with the police.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

Angry

This isn't like the Yorkshire Ripper...this is worse that the Yorkshire Ripper who took years to do what this person or people has been able to do in a manner of days. I'm frightened for the safety of young women across the east of England.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »

A criminal psychologist has said the killer(s) may begin to believe they are somehow 'invincible' and may begin to target Christmas revellers at night or women in broad daylight. Psychologists must be working overtime at the moment :/
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

Question to the UK forum members:

Why is this serial killer called "Ripper" when the victims were not stabbed to death but strangled to death ?

Has he aquired the Ripper tag already?

Ripper seems to be something the media likes to use of anyone who kills a lot of prostitutes; the Yorkshire Ripper killed most (?) of his victims with a hammer.

Some papers seem to be running with the 'Suffolk Strangler.' The sad part is there isn't much you can rhyme Ipswich with (despite the best efforts of Kenneth Weetch!)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »

I mean, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

What difference does that make once the tabloids have got to work?

I always love it when they interview the neighbours 'he always kept himself to himself, never talked much'- yeah neither did they! In fact this arrest has probably been the first time half the street have spoken to each other.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »

Even the BBC has descended into a tabloid farce, as Al mentioned in his post.

I think the replacement of Andrew Marr with that moron Nick Robinson was the final nail in the coffin...

Why grumble about the politics correspondent in a thread about the media's coverage of a series of murders?

Oh wait.....

Cheesy

I for one am glad they hired someone that wasn't creamed from the Guardian.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »

Why grumble about the politics correspondent in a thread about the media's coverage of a series of murders?

Because it's symptomatic of the general decline of the quality of BBC TV news o/c.
He treats everything like a f***ing soap opera...

...mind you, he's not quite as irritating as the Gibbon tosser that does Channel Four's political stuff...

The decline started long ago by climbing into the Grauniads bed. If they can excape that they can salvage their impartiality and integrity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies