Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fifth prostitute reported missing in Ipswich  (Read 5835 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 02:50:20 PM »

The MySpace profile of alleged serial killer Tom Stephens, who was taken into custody today by the Police:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=85784962

Apparently Myspace is going to delete it, because info is being removed. Usually that is done when it's about to be deleted.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

The MySpace profile of alleged serial killer Tom Stephens, who was taken into custody today by the Police:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=85784962

Apparently Myspace is going to delete it, because info is being removed. Usually that is done when it's about to be deleted.

Yeah, they've deleted it now.

A girl on Myspace posted a bulleting saying "Here's the killer!" and linking to his profile, at which point I sent her a msg asking her what the f*** she thinks she's doing, since this guy has neither been charged nor convicted. All we know is that he's been arrested but that's it. I mean, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »

I mean, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

What difference does that make once the tabloids have got to work?
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »

I always love it when they interview the neighbours 'he always kept himself to himself, never talked much'- yeah neither did they! In fact this arrest has probably been the first time half the street have spoken to each other.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 01:53:51 AM »

I always love it when they interview the neighbours 'he always kept himself to himself, never talked much'- yeah neither did they! In fact this arrest has probably been the first time half the street have spoken to each other.

It's no different over here. Guilty until proven innocent I say. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 10:04:04 AM »

What's that I hear now about them having arrested someone else, and this guy being likely innocent? Great. Just great.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

What's that I hear now about them having arrested someone else, and this guy being likely innocent? Great. Just great.

If he does turn out to be innocent, the BBC could get in a "little" trouble about broadcasting that interview with him.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »

I only heard about the interview after the second arrest... what exactly did he say that made the police think he was the killer?

This certainly explains why the full name and the MySpace stuff and so on were all over the news - something that they should NEVER be this early into the juridical proceedings if you ask me.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:53 AM »

I only heard about the interview after the second arrest... what exactly did he say that made the police think he was the killer?

He sounded creepy and knew all of the victims. I think that's it. O/c they might have other stuff on him, but that doesn't look that likely now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Blame the stupid competition between BBC News 24 and Sky News for that...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »

He sounded creepy and knew all of the victims. I think that's it.
That's pretty much all I heard about it here - "he gave an interview saying that he knew all the victims and had no alibi" - which probably applies to roughly a dozen lonely men with too much money to spend, or no other money-consuming hobby, living in the Ipswich area.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:18 PM »

That's pretty much all I heard about it here - "he gave an interview saying that he knew all the victims and had no alibi" - which probably applies to roughly a dozen lonely men with too much money to spend, or no other money-consuming hobby, living in the Ipswich area.

This is pretty much how the police and the media find their culprits these days. Circumstantial evidence? Who cares. Guilty! Burn him! BURN HIM!
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 04:43:08 PM »

This is pretty much how the police and the media find their culprits these days. Circumstantial evidence? Who cares. Guilty! Burn him! BURN HIM!

If this goes on any longer (ie. Neither of the men are guilty) then I fully expect a tabloid-based hate campaign in the not too distant future. Maybe they will attack paedotricians again.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »

Police have asked for extra time to interview the second guy arrested, btw
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »

Second guy arrested has been charged with murder. First guy arrested has been released on bail.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 06:13:42 PM »

After the stink you raised over the girl in Aruba, that's incredible coming from you Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2006, 01:43:10 AM »

After the stink you raised over the girl in Aruba, that's incredible coming from you Tongue

Well there's very little doubt in my mind Van Der Sloot did it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2006, 05:16:03 AM »

No kidding.  That's what virtually all of my neighbours would say about me too.  I suppose it's better than the other quotes they'd get, "he watched my cat once, and he did a good job," or "who?"
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2006, 06:26:33 AM »

Second guy arrested has been charged with murder. First guy arrested has been released on bail.

I look forward to the Courts finding 12 impartial jurors in the Ipswich area after the mdeia frenzy that has been kicked up.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »

No kidding.  That's what virtually all of my neighbours would say about me too.  I suppose it's better than the other quotes they'd get, "he watched my cat once, and he did a good job," or "who?"

The best thing was how the media were trying to portray him as a weirdo over his Myspace profile. "Look! Look! He's referring to a cartoon character as his hero!". Erm, yeah, he was probably kidding. "Look! He's wearing a silly tie!". Yeah, it was probably a fancy dress party. News programmes these days seem to be run by complete and utter retards. Even the BBC has descended into a tabloid farce, as Al mentioned in his post.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2006, 12:30:43 PM »

Even the BBC has descended into a tabloid farce, as Al mentioned in his post.

I think the replacement of Andrew Marr with that moron Nick Robinson was the final nail in the coffin...
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »

Even the BBC has descended into a tabloid farce, as Al mentioned in his post.

I think the replacement of Andrew Marr with that moron Nick Robinson was the final nail in the coffin...

Why grumble about the politics correspondent in a thread about the media's coverage of a series of murders?

Oh wait.....

Cheesy

I for one am glad they hired someone that wasn't creamed from the Guardian.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

Why grumble about the politics correspondent in a thread about the media's coverage of a series of murders?

Because it's symptomatic of the general decline of the quality of BBC TV news o/c.
He treats everything like a f***ing soap opera...

...mind you, he's not quite as irritating as the Gibbon tosser that does Channel Four's political stuff...
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »

Because it's symptomatic of the general decline of the quality of BBC TV news o/c.

...mind you, he's not quite as irritating as the Gibbon tosser that does Channel Four's political stuff...

The decline started long ago by climbing into the Grauniads bed. If they can excape that they can salvage their impartiality and integrity.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »

The decline started long ago by climbing into the Grauniads bed. If they can excape that they can salvage their impartiality and integrity.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here; in my opinion the decline started with Hutton, since it was then that the BBC got too scared to stand up to the government, with the addition of Grade briefly being dir.-gen., that silly race News 24 are having with Sky, and the BBC thinking that the only way they can salvage their license fee is by being relentlessly populist.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies