S.22.2-56: Smarter Phones Act (PASSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:58:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.22.2-56: Smarter Phones Act (PASSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.22.2-56: Smarter Phones Act (PASSED)  (Read 141 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 24, 2022, 11:19:22 PM »

I am wary of this law. It's likely to be either ineffective at its goals, cause annoyance for parents, kids, or both, and have mostly negative side effects on smartphones in general and enjoyance of devices more broadly. If parents want to put locks on devices, they already have that ability anyway. Apps exist that do that.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 11:21:54 PM »

I am wary of this law. It's likely to be either ineffective at its goals, cause annoyance for parents, kids, or both, and have mostly negative side effects on smartphones in general and enjoyance of devices more broadly. If parents want to put locks on devices, they already have that ability anyway. Apps exist that do that.

This just makes sure those Apps work on the devices. This is based off a Utah law.
So, it doesn't actually require smartphones come with these things? Just makes sure they *can* work? But I have nothing against the latter.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 01:34:36 AM »

This just makes sure those Apps work on the devices. This is based off a Utah law.
So, it doesn't actually require smartphones come with these things? Just makes sure they *can* work? But I have nothing against the latter.

Basically they just have to allow for parent controls IF the buyer wishes to install them.
Fair enough.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 12:04:26 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies