New moderation policies/philosophy

(1/2) > >>

World politics is up Schmitt creek:
I am now the sole moderator of R&P. In general I'm going to stay the course--this is a high-quality, relatively low-traffic board and I've been informed that issues only arise once a week at most. However, there are a couple of points that I intend to emphasize going forward:

1. R&P has a longstanding and well-acknowledged problem of a focus on Christian and irreligious/antireligious views almost to the exclusion of discussion of non-Christian religions, or for that matter of philosophical concepts that don't involve religion. I've been a contributor to this problem in the past since I am of course Christian myself, but the responsibilities of a contributor and those of a moderator are of course somewhat different, so in my capacity as a mod I'm going to be a little more aggressive about going after problems involving things like atheist-bashing, atheist-bashing-bashing, played-out arguments about Christian sexual theology, etc.
2. Relatedly, I'm going to try to avoid taking action on posters with whom I have a well-known history of sparring on this board until I've sought the input of other mods on whatever the issue is.

Carry on! This is one of the highest-quality boards on the secular blog and together we can make it even better.

Statilius the Epicurean:
Based

PSOL:
There doesn’t need to be any new moderation changed to R&P, not after DL was banned.

If my soul was made of stone:
Does this mean it's time for me to make the "Opinion of Enheduanna" thread I've been waiting two years for?

World politics is up Schmitt creek:
Quote from: A race of angels, bound with one another on June 13, 2022, 05:51:25 PM

Does this mean it's time for me to make the "Opinion of Enheduanna" thread I've been waiting two years for?

Yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page