1996 Election timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:45:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  1996 Election timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1996 Election timeline  (Read 16094 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 06, 2006, 04:50:14 AM »

Yeah, the Kerry/Weld results you cited make absolutely no sense at all. Presumably some people just didn't understand the question, or deliberately were trying to screw with the pollsters. There's no other explanation for saying you want Kerry to lose, yet having voted for him.

With regards to Wellstone, the 21 percent voting for him is believeable. Although he may have been too liberal for some voters, he still could well be the lesser of the two evils and thus still gotten their votes.

Arguably, there is.  You could want Kerry to lose, but want Bush to lose more, and swallow your pride.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »

Arguably, there is.  You could want Kerry to lose, but want Bush to lose more, and swallow your pride.

Assuming you mean "Weld", not "Bush", that isn't possible to be the case, because the people said "it would be best if Weld was the [Massachusetts] senator", so that statement implies that they consider Weld preferable to Kerry in the senatorial slot.

I ALWAYS MEAN WHAT I SAY

DO NOT QUESTION ME
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies