A bone of contention from Willy Fog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:54:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  A bone of contention from Willy Fog
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A bone of contention from Willy Fog  (Read 1424 times)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2006, 04:22:56 PM »

May I introduce to our American colleagues Mr. Willy Fog, a representation of Mr. Phileas Fogg, who was starred in the BRB International production "Around the World with Willy Fog".

I have been watching this in real time (by day) since October 2nd and today a Mr. Bullman (CEO of the Pacific Union Railroad) was talking to Mr. Fogg about the events of May 10th 1869 at Promintory Point in Utah, namely the coming together of the Eastern and Western Railroads linking the American nation from coast to coast.

I would like member's views on the following comment from Mr. Bullman:

"Lucky for me I happened to be there on that day or I would never have gotten to be such good friends with the President. Like I told Ulysses S. Grant, he would never have been elected if the railroad hadn't been completed"

That is the question I would like to know the answer to: "Would President Grant have been elected if the railroad hadn't been completed?"
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:01:37 AM »

I have been watching this in real time (by day) since October 2nd and today a Mr. Bullman (CEO of the Pacific Union Railroad) was talking to Mr. Fogg about the events of May 10th 1869 at Promontory Point in Utah, namely the coming together of the Eastern and Western Railroads linking the American nation from coast to coast.
Of course, this only completed the railroad from Omaha, Nebraska to Sacramento, California, neither of which is on the coast.  The first transcontinental railroad was completed in on 15 August, 1870 east of Denver.

Transcontinental Cover Up?

The bold move that saved Denver
[/quote]
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies