Who would John Brown support if he was alive today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would John Brown support if he was alive today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would John Brown support if he was alive today?  (Read 946 times)
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2022, 03:23:14 PM »

I think it's interesting that John Brown is lionized by many modern day leftists yet given his fervent religious beliefs and willingness to engage in political violence it's entirely possible that he'd be an abortion clinic bomber (or at the very least staunchly pro-life) if he was alive today an an example of a consistent Republican.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 03:48:34 PM »

Obviously not today, but he and Che Guevara might have teamed up.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »

I wonder if he would have been bothered by Guevara's atheism though.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 09:05:46 PM »

Che Guevera was a mass murdering sociopath who didn't do any of it for a righteous cause like John Brown did. He was also more racist against blacks than Brown, believe it or not!

The lionization of him on parts of the left is extremely cringe at best.

BTW I think even John Brown was a little touched in the head, frankly. But his heart was in the right place and he didn't kill anybody for no good reason or throw people (including priests and other men of God) in concentration camps, unlike Che. He would have detested Che, no doubt. The idea that they would have "teamed up" is a laughable leftist fantasy that comes from idolizing disturbed violent individuals as "revolutionaries" and assuming they'd all pal around killing everyone they don't like and loving everyone they do like these days, apparently.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »

Che Guevera was a mass murdering sociopath who didn't do any of it for a righteous cause like John Brown did. He was also more racist against blacks than Brown, believe it or not!

BTW I think even John Brown was a little touched in the head, frankly. But his heart was in the right place and he didn't kill anybody for no good reason or throw people (including priests and other men of God) in concentration camps, unlike Che. He would have detested Che, no doubt. The idea that they would have "teamed up" is a laughable leftist fantasy that comes from idolizing disturbed violent individuals as "revolutionaries" and assuming they'd all pal around killing everyone they don't like and loving everyone they do like these days, apparently.

From their Who We Are page:

HumanProgress.org is a project of the Cato Institute with major support from the John Templeton Foundation and the Searle Freedom Trust, as well as additional funding from the B & E Collins Foundation, William H. Donner Foundation, and Thomas W. Smith Foundation. The website requires no registration or membership. All of its content and features can be used free, but acknowledgment is always appreciated.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 08:09:27 PM »

HumanProgress.org is a project of the Cato Institute with major support from the John Templeton Foundation and the Searle Freedom Trust, as well as additional funding from the B & E Collins Foundation, William H. Donner Foundation, and Thomas W. Smith Foundation. The website requires no registration or membership. All of its content and features can be used free, but acknowledgment is always appreciated.

Oh good, so it's confirmed that this is a highly reputable source.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 04:10:09 PM »

Meh, even a broken clock. I don't like the source either but it checks out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies