MT Treasurer vs. ElectionsGuy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  MT Treasurer vs. ElectionsGuy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
MT Treasurer (R-MT)

ElectionsGuy (I-WI)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: MT Treasurer vs. ElectionsGuy  (Read 828 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2022, 08:43:57 AM »

Interesting match-up between 2 users who generally tend to post more or less GOP-friendly analysis and predictions. Both also hold the high honor of being mentioned frequently by olawakandi.

I'd vote for MT Treasurer.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 07:37:34 PM »

MT Treasurer is much more cordial. It's entirely possibly to post r-biased maps without being a complete asshole like ElectionsGuy
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 10:45:57 PM »

Both are self-assured hax, but MT Treasurer creates memes and hits the nose a lot more on the actual analysis.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 11:45:47 PM »

What are MT Treasurer's stances on issues?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 09:04:28 AM »

I know He's more in the Josh Hawley/J.D. Vance camp when it comes to foreign policy
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »

I know He's more in the Josh Hawley/J.D. Vance camp when it comes to foreign policy
Has he said anything about domestic policy?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 10:15:43 PM »

"MT Treasurer" (i.e. IndyRep) is unbearably smug, has a bizarrely robotic view of the behavior of both voters and politicians alike (he seems to get infuriated at the idea that you can't plug politics into a TI-84 calculator and perfectly predict everything that will ever happen), and I'll never let him forget being stone cold wrong (and nonetheless unbearably smug about it) regarding KY-GOV 2019.

Hell, it's part of my "origin story" here. I originally joined this forum specifically to call out I think one of his posts about how Bevin was a lock. I was mercilessly mocked and bullied by him and IceSpear for the rest of my time here... until I was proven right and them WRONG. Then suddenly they got awfully quiet about it and people started taking me more seriously.

ElectionsGuy for the most part strikes me as a "both sides" type which can be somewhat annoying to say the least, but he's never been as obnoxiously antagonistic to me as IndyRep, nor as smug, nor as robotic and unnatural in the way he predicts fundamentally human behavior. So he gets my vote.

Oh and also he doesn't beat dead memes and circlejerks into the ground as much as IndyRep (usually these are more strawmen that IndyRep has invented in his head than actual widespread beliefs among Democrats and leaners on the forum, e.g. Abby Finkenauer being unbeatable in Iowa), so he's less actively unfunny too.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 12:55:59 AM »

"MT Treasurer" (i.e. IndyRep) is unbearably smug, has a bizarrely robotic view of the behavior of both voters and politicians alike (he seems to get infuriated at the idea that you can't plug politics into a TI-84 calculator and perfectly predict everything that will ever happen), and I'll never let him forget being stone cold wrong (and nonetheless unbearably smug about it) regarding KY-GOV 2019.

Hell, it's part of my "origin story" here. I originally joined this forum specifically to call out I think one of his posts about how Bevin was a lock. I was mercilessly mocked and bullied by him and IceSpear for the rest of my time here... until I was proven right and them WRONG. Then suddenly they got awfully quiet about it and people started taking me more seriously.

ElectionsGuy for the most part strikes me as a "both sides" type which can be somewhat annoying to say the least, but he's never been as obnoxiously antagonistic to me as IndyRep, nor as smug, nor as robotic and unnatural in the way he predicts fundamentally human behavior. So he gets my vote.

Oh and also he doesn't beat dead memes and circlejerks into the ground as much as IndyRep (usually these are more strawmen that IndyRep has invented in his head than actual widespread beliefs among Democrats and leaners on the forum, e.g. Abby Finkenauer being unbeatable in Iowa), so he's less actively unfunny too.

ElectionsGuy is a partisan GOP hack. Don’t let the avatar fool you on this.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 09:46:01 AM »

MT Treasurer never predicted KY-GOV was Safe R. He actually said it was competitive and Bevin had a good chance to lose.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2022, 09:49:47 AM »

Election Guy, MT Treasure is playing around alot he told me it's a 304 map and he makes R nut maps, lol NM and ME going R LOL
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 09:54:31 AM »

ElectionsGuy
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 02:06:51 PM »

Both are posters I used to get along with quite well but who have disappointed me quite a bit over the past year and a half. There’s still more substance to MTTreasurer’s posts, though, so I’ll go with him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 11:20:18 PM »

I don't think I've actually read a MT Treasurer post in like two years. I don't have him on ignore, but if I see his post I just actively skim over it. The reason is back when I did I could never tell if he was giving serious analysis or just more of his memeing, and I'm not interested in deciphering what that post was or reading his unfunny memes, so why bother.

ElectionsGuy is definitely one of the most irritating (well was, he basically left after he got piled out for an absurd post where he accused Democrats of being authoritarians over something a Republican candidate said), but I could at least read his posts as hackish and eye roll worthy as they usually were before he did. And also what Alben said. MT Treasurer's lame memes have rendered a lot of election threads and boards near unreadable. ElectionsGuy is just a dime a dozen hack in comparison.

His strawmen are really weird because they're usually based on something that makes sense but only if you look at everything in a completely unnuanced black and white binary thinking.

So for the Finkenauer example, the reason is that in 2018 her race was ranked by most pundits and a lot of Democrats as one of the seats most likely to flip. And then the election was held, and she won, but only by like 5 points. So he got all crazy about how she was obviously and overrated candidate and began the meme to mock Democrats who believed that she was some sort of unbeatable electoral goddess. Except...no one really claimed that and almost every Democrat agreed she was overrated after the election. Also no one thought she was safe in 2020 and most predictions that she'd win were based on the assumption that Biden would do better in Iowa than he did and carry her district. That was wrong, but nowhere near as wrong as some things he blew like that infamous KY-GOV example. Also to back up this fantasy he created in his head he kept insisting that Democrats believed she was so strong because she was a "populist" or whatever, even though basically no one has unironically used that term to describe any candidate here for over four years.

Even more bizarre is when he memes about how candidates who actually do overperform or run strong are overrated or invent some meme strawman about them, I've seen him rave about the whole "populist" thing about Jon Tester too, but he's one of the strongest overperformers in the Senate.....so I mean what's the point? I mean yes simplifying his appeal and claiming his wins are only because of "populism" would be really stupid, but no one is doing that besides him and some other memeing lemmings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies