How many Senate Republicans will vote to convict Biden in his impeachment trial? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:47:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How many Senate Republicans will vote to convict Biden in his impeachment trial? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many Senate Republicans will vote to convict Biden in his impeachment trial?  (Read 830 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: May 30, 2022, 07:09:57 PM »

First off, lol at the OP being a doomsday scenario. In reality, Hassan is safe, the Nomination of Masters is far from guaranteed, Murkowski almost certainly gets saved by Alaska's Top 4 RCV system. Dems going 0-4 in PA/GA/NV/AZ also seems exceedingly unlikely. I'm legit surprised you didn't throw in "whoever replaces Bennet" or something.

Moving on, I'm not even sure impeachment passes the House - some Republican Al Green writing up articles won't get the votes, leadership will need to devote time to it which they may not want to do, and secondly, even if it does, I doubt it clears 30 votes in the Senate, even if we assume the doomsday scenario. Under a (far more likely) 51-49 R Senate with Kelly (or a Non-Masters R) and Murkowski still there, may not even clear 25. Remember that McConnell didn't just support certification, he whipped in favor of it - while McCarthy was whipping against it. And most will follow McConnell's lead. Obviously if Dems keep the Senate (still very possible), Schumer probably just forces through a motion to dismiss.
I still think Maggie Hassan will narrowly lose to Chuck Morse and feel that Blake Masters is strong enough to defeat Mark Kelly by around 1%. I am quite a bit more confident about Georgia however, as Herschel Walker is so mentally compromised that he makes Donald Trump look like Albert Einstein or Thomas Edison in terms of intellect.

I also feel that Themis Klarides, Tiffany Smiley, and Joe O'Dea will win their respective races as well very narrowly due to the inflation stuff. They would be sure votes to impeach Joe Biden and will also object to certain states during the electoral college vote count for the 2024 election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies